2009 Indiana Jones Lego

Trennas

Crack that whip said:
And mine, too. Honestly, while I can appreciate an action figure (and was very into Star Wars ones and others for much of my youth), even the best action figures don't have nearly the same appeal to me as LEGO does. It's just a much more versatile toy (among other things).

I have to agree on your agreement :p Action figures can be a lot of fun, but mainly for collecting purposes (I still have a display case full of SW figures at home) I'm much more of a maker myself though, thats pretty much why, as soon as I have a Lego set finished, I'm already wondering where I can use the parts for in a project of my own. I think it stimulates mind and imagination quite a lot, at least it does in my case :)

Crack that whip said:
It seems strange to me that you'd have difficulty getting some of the sets there, with some of them disappearing from stores after such brief periods; I'd have thought you'd have even greater access to LEGO sets there, being so close to LEGO's home turf and all. I do hope you manage to get all the sets you want, though (don't forget that if you can't find them in stores, you can still order them directly from LEGO).
:hat:

We may be closer to Denmark, but the US is by far the largest target market for Lego, hence why things are harder to come by over here.

As long as the sets come out two at a time, its not that hard to collect them, especially not since I'm more focused on the original trilogy sets than the Krystal Skull ones, altough I do have a few of those as well. The problem is mainly money I guess; the sets aren't cheap and well, I just can't afford to buy four or five sets in a month. I buy them bit by bit over longer periods of time, but usually by that then the rarest ones are already gone. Soon as I have money again, I'll order the Idol's Temple from the Lego website, since that is just a must have :)

Crack that whip

Yes, it's an excellent set - the official model recreates pretty much all the major action moments from the sequence, and features a solid mix of minifigs (Barranca and some Hovitos would be great additions, but it's great as it is), and an excellent mix of parts for one's own creations. It's a must-have set. (y)

I know what you mean about catching up. Money's generally very tight for me, so I haven't been able to get all the sets I want right away, particularly the larger ones (especially since I also get other LEGO sets, though Indy is one of the only two current LEGO lines I'm really focused on being a completist for). I do hope / plan to finally pick up some of the ones I need by the end of this week, though, including some duplicates.

I do know that we in the US do have a significant advantage when it comes to pricing. For a variety of reasons, LEGO tends to be lower-priced here than in Europe, but that's true for many things, of course. Europe does make up for it in various ways, though.

Niteshade007

I was in Target today, Crack that Whip, and couldn't find the LEGO aisle. I can't imagine that they got rid of it, but I didn't see any LEGOs at all. I was debating getting the Shanghai chase (although I'd really prefer the one with the plane), but it it's pretty expensive for a LEGO. Plus I have all the others and now they're all broken in a bag from American Eagle, because I just didn't have a place for them. So I guess it's a good thing I couldn't find the LEGOs anyway.

Vance

Target is in 'inventory mode' right now, which means they're setting up for tax purposes. They won't be getting a lot of new stock until the end of the month, really, including Legos. They haven't gotten rid of the line, but they're in a downtime for a couple of months. (This is true for all their departments, but it always hits toys the hardest, since they're all but wiped out after Christmas.)

Trennas

Crack that whip said:
I do know that we in the US do have a significant advantage when it comes to pricing. For a variety of reasons, LEGO tends to be lower-priced here than in Europe, but that's true for many things, of course. Europe does make up for it in various ways, though.

Well, for one, the Euro has been stronger than the dollar for a while and they aren't very keen on calculating here, so they just slap the dollar price on the boxes, but instead with a Euro sign in front of the price :p so sets that are being sold for 30 dollars in the US, they sell for 30 Euros down here, which converted is actually around 40 dollars. if they did the conversion, the 30 dollar sets would be around 22 euros. it would be cheaper to get things from the states, but not as long as we have shipping and import taxes for certain items :p

Agent Z

Niteshade007 said:
I was in Target today, Crack that Whip, and couldn't find the LEGO aisle. I can't imagine that they got rid of it, but I didn't see any LEGOs at all.

I was in Wal-Mart last night and all the LEGO sets were gone too! :(

Vance said:
Target is in 'inventory mode' right now, which means they're setting up for tax purposes. They won't be getting a lot of new stock until the end of the month, really, including Legos. They haven't gotten rid of the line, but they're in a downtime for a couple of months. (This is true for all their departments, but it always hits toys the hardest, since they're all but wiped out after Christmas.)

Does this mean that they will bring the old stock back out onto the shelves though?

I thought it was weird that the LEGO sets weren't on the clearance aisle. They were just...GONE! :(

Vance

Agent Z said:
I was in Wal-Mart last night and all the LEGO sets were gone too! :(

Wal*Mart is in 'seasonal reset' mode. The items are in the back, more than likely, if they just haven't plain sold out of them in Christmas. They should be up and running again with full stock in the next week or so.

Does this mean that they will bring the old stock back out onto the shelves though?

I thought it was weird that the LEGO sets weren't on the clearance aisle. They were just...GONE! :(

They're boxed up, awaiting the new 'planogram', which has the instructions on where everything winds up going for the new season. So, yes, if they hadn't sold them, and they're not in the clearance isle, they're just waiting to be restocked on the shelf.

Crack that whip

Niteshade007 said:
I was in Target today, Crack that Whip, and couldn't find the LEGO aisle. I can't imagine that they got rid of it, but I didn't see any LEGOs at all. I was debating getting the Shanghai chase (although I'd really prefer the one with the plane), but it it's pretty expensive for a LEGO. Plus I have all the others and now they're all broken in a bag from American Eagle, because I just didn't have a place for them. So I guess it's a good thing I couldn't find the LEGOs anyway.

Niteshade, was this the Target here in Tallahassee? I was there just a day or two earlier, and they still had LEGO, though the aisle was in a state of flux - they were obviously moving a lot of stuff around, and an aisle that previously had more or less nothing but LEGO on one side now had LEGO and other random merchandise intermingled with no discernible organizing scheme.

I'm hoping to make a round of LEGO purchases at various stores tomorrow, so I really hope the bricks are all on the shelves...

Agent Z

Vance said:
They're boxed up, awaiting the new 'planogram', which has the instructions on where everything winds up going for the new season. So, yes, if they hadn't sold them, and they're not in the clearance isle, they're just waiting to be restocked on the shelf.

Ahh, okay, and this makes perfect sense then, as they had like an army of employees over there with taped up inventory sheets on the shelves....and the place torn apart.

You know, this may be a curse in disguise though, cause I would have been saved buying that Akator temple set...but now it may be back out on the shelf to haunt me soon enough! :p

Thanks for the info! :hat:

Dewy9

A few SW 2009 set pictures were leaked today, so hopefully the Indy pics will be on the way. At the very least, we'll see them in a month when Toy Fair 2009 rolls around (Feb 15).

BingoBrown

Picked up the Temple of the Crystal Skull set for only $20 today on clearance at Target!!! :whip:

It's my first Lego set since I was a kid, and I have to say, it looks pretty awesome.

EddyW

$20!? Here in Holland that thing costs at least $110 (converted from Euros). If you could get me one... ;)

Trennas

sheesh, if plane tickets weren't so darn expensive I would fly over right now and get me a whole bunch of them temples :whip:

Vance

SS Indy said:
Wow, $20 now that's a great deal!
Darn this country and it's high prices! (n)

Well , it's post-Christmas clearance, so the rules are a bit different. My local Target finished its reset, for instance. There were several Akator Lego sets, with SOME of them on clearance in the clearance aisle (at $40, not $20...), but the new stock regularly priced.

Lambonius

BingoBrown said:
Picked up the Temple of the Crystal Skull set for only $20 today on clearance at Target!!! :whip:

It's my first Lego set since I was a kid, and I have to say, it looks pretty awesome.

Damn, that IS a good deal. Normally those are pushing $90 dollars at most places. I'll have to check my local Target again and see if I get lucky.