Heroes (TV series)

Garfoot

Let me just say that I am a huge X-MEN fan, and I am really starting to get into NBC's Heroes. Kinda upsetting that season 2 was cut short due to the
writer's strike, but if the premiere on Monday is any indication of what's to come, then I will be very happy.

New characters, old ones coming back, characters that had no powers at all now have them. Not to mention Sylar back to his skull cutting off powers again. The chicks on this show are hot. Jessica, Claire, Maya, and the girl that shoots blue electricity out of her hands.

It amazes me how they can cram so many stories into a 2 hour show and it flows so smoothly. This show definately left me wanting more. This is a must Tivo show on my list.

Anyone else here like Heroes?:confused:

Montana Smith

Five years later...

I had Season 2 for a long time, waiting to pick up Season 1. Just watched them both.

When it started I took an instant like to it as a well told story with interesting characters and a mystery to solve. Towards the end of Season 1 it began to feel repetitive and overly contrived.

When Season 2 began it restored that warm and fuzzy feeling of watching something good. Then we got Japan, 1671, which felt about as convincing as an episode of Xena.

On top of that it began to feel repetitive and contrived. I wouldn't go out of my way to pick up the third installment.

Sea Monarch

Heroes Season 3 Begins With A Bang!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garfoot said:
Let me just say that I am a huge X-MEN fan, and I am really starting to get into NBC's Heroes. Kinda upsetting that season 2 was cut short due to the
writer's strike, but if the premiere on Monday is any indication of what's to come, then I will be very happy.

New characters, old ones coming back, characters that had no powers at all now have them. Not to mention Sylar back to his skull cutting off powers again. The chicks on this show are hot. Jessica, Claire, Maya, and the girl that shoots blue electricity out of her hands.

It amazes me how they can cram so many stories into a 2 hour show and it flows so smoothly. This show definately left me wanting more. This is a must Tivo show on my list.

Anyone else here like Heroes?

Montana Smith said:
Five years later...

I had Season 2 for a long time, waiting to pick up Season 1. Just watched them both.

When it started I took an instant like to it as a well told story with interesting characters and a mystery to solve. Towards the end of Season 1 it began to feel repetitive and overly contrived.

When Season 2 began it restored that warm and fuzzy feeling of watching something good. Then we got Japan, 1671, which felt about as convincing as an episode of Xena.

On top of that it began to feel repetitive and contrived. I wouldn't go out of my way to pick up the third installment.

I Was highly interested in catching Heroes when it first aired, but working nights, and not having Tivo caused me to wait till I finally bought season one on DVD in 2007. It was like a great page turner, and I was quickly hooked as well. Even got my Mom interested in it at the time! And she's usually more into Jane Austen type stuff!

I bought season 2 about 2-3 yrs later, and always meant to watch them all. Still haven't gotten around to it yet, believe it, or not.:eek:

I remember loving many of the characters, and really enjoying some of the red herrings, and plot twists. I do however, remember being very upset at the demise of a certain friend of the time traveler. I have to admit at that time, and ever since, I was watching less television, including the big 4 networks, so I was kinda shocked at the gore they got away with, for being an NBC program.

All in all, a very satisfying season, though I agree with Montana, that there were some times in the series that felt redundant, and contrived to myself as well. I was especially bored with certain characters, like the blonde woman that had the evil mirror doppelganger.

I remember the previews to this show, made me laugh, when they would show the Japanese guy shouting jibberish, after transporting himself. I found it amusing this show was so popular, that Toy's R Us had larger scaled figures, of many of these characters.

I'm still curious to watch the rest, but I've heard unanimously that this series, (just like Lost, and 24), goes downhill after the first few seasons.

Still won't let that stop me.

Montana Smith

Sea Monarch said:
I remember the previews to this show, made me laugh, when they would show the Japanese guy shouting jibberish, after transporting himself.

And every time Hiro throws his arms in the air and shouts, "Flying man!" :D

Sea Monarch said:
I'm still curious to watch the rest, but I've heard unanimously that this series, (just like Lost, and 24), goes downhill after the first few seasons.

Still won't let that stop me.

The 'dropping off' in the latter part of each season won't stop me either, but I do relegate it to the position of 'the DVDs have got to be cheap before I buy them' !

Sea Monarch

Montana Smith said:

That's exactly one of the scenes I was thinking of. Haha, good memory Smitty. He looked annoying in the preview, but you come to really love his character as one of the best, in the first season. And how cool, casting George Takei as his father!

The 'dropping off' in the latter part of each season won't stop me either, but I do relegate it to the position of 'the DVDs have got to be cheap before I buy them' !

Exactamundo! that's usually when I get around to collecting the rest.

Sea Monarch

Montana Smith said:

That's exactly one of the scenes I was thinking of. Haha, good memory Smitty. He looked annoying in the preview, but you come to really love his character as one of the best, in the first season. And how cool, casting George Takei as his father!

Montana Smith said:

Exactamundo! that's usually when I get around to collecting the rest.