This belongs in a Museum!

Hello all, I am Youngindygirl, but you can call me Andi. :)

I am a 32 year old from Hungary deciding to join in the fun. :cool:

I am a bit of odd case as my first experience with the franchise was Curse of the Jackal, the YIJC pilot back in '94 when the one of the two channels we had aired it. By then I already knew of the movies, but didn't see them except for maybe bits and pieces (Star Wars more my childhood, family is kind of a fan.), so I knew there was 3 movies and wondered when did they make a 4th one. :p Nevertheless I enjoyed it. Of course the rest of the series was aired on the other channel and I never saw it, didn't even know it was a series. (Said series then went to cable that we didn't have.)

SO I forgot ALL about it until 2000. Finally YIJC was shown properly, albeit without Curse of the Jackal ever shown again. I LOVED that series and watched when it was on. Then moved on until recently, when I remembered it again and wanted to indulge in a bit of nostalgia. Imagine my surprise when I saw the eps were recut into movies. :eek:

But rewatched them anyway, in fact in some cases this movie format really fit I thought. Since then watched the movies as well, loved Harrison Ford as Indy. ^_^ (I always had a kind of crush on him, in fact I may have some older articles if anyone is interested I can check if I find any Indy related to translate.) My favourite is Last Crusade, closely followed by Raiders.

So like I said odd case. :p In my free time I used to write fics and make fanart with GIMP, not so much now. :( I miss time for fandom stuff sometimes.

Anyway that's all folks, cheers! :hat:

TheFirebird1

youngindygirl said:
Hello all, I am Youngindygirl, but you can call me Andi. :)

I am a 32 year old from Hungary deciding to join in the fun. :cool:

I am a bit of odd case as my first experience with the franchise was Curse of the Jackal, the YIJC pilot back in '94 when the one of the two channels we had aired it. By then I already knew of the movies, but didn't see them except for maybe bits and pieces (Star Wars more my childhood, family is kind of a fan.), so I knew there was 3 movies and wondered when did they make a 4th one. :p Nevertheless I enjoyed it. Of course the rest of the series was aired on the other channel and I never saw it, didn't even know it was a series. (Said series then went to cable that we didn't have.)

SO I forgot ALL about it until 2000. Finally YIJC was shown properly, albeit without Curse of the Jackal ever shown again. I LOVED that series and watched when it was on. Then moved on until recently, when I remembered it again and wanted to indulge in a bit of nostalgia. Imagine my surprise when I saw the eps were recut into movies. :eek:

But rewatched them anyway, in fact in some cases this movie format really fit I thought. Since then watched the movies as well, loved Harrison Ford as Indy. ^_^ (I always had a kind of crush on him, in fact I may have some older articles if anyone is interested I can check if I find any Indy related to translate.) My favourite is Last Crusade, closely followed by Raiders.

So like I said odd case. :p In my free time I used to write fics and make fanart with GIMP, not so much now. :( I miss time for fandom stuff sometimes.

Anyway that's all folks, cheers! :hat:
Welcome to the boards! Hope you have a great time here! (y) :hat:

Stoo

Szia, Andi. Welcome to The Raven! :hat:

Nice to see another Young Indy fan here! I went to Budapest in 2007 and had a very memorable time. An interesting city and it has one of the greatest museums that I've ever been to. Also, a longtime friend of mine is of Hungarian descent (her parents are/were Hungarian). Last name, Hidas. Know any?

I'm glad that the TV show turned you on to the movies! (y) Would be interested in the articles you have to translate...so get cracking! :whip:

Thank you for the kind words from both of you. ^^

Stoo, Yes Budapest is one very memorable city. The first time I have been there I marveled at things I usually only saw on TV until then. Plus how different it was from where I live, like stepping into a different world. Which Museum was it? I have been to the Museum of Fine Arts myself. (National Museum is right across it actually.) I don't know anyone with the surname Hidas though.... (My stepfather had some relatives living in the US and my mom has an old classmate from HS living in Canada...)

And I will get to those articles, I just have to unearth them from wherever I put the first. (We're a little short on space atm...) :eek:

Canyon

Since then watched the movies as well, loved Harrison Ford as Indy. ^_^ (I always had a kind of crush on him, in fact I may have some older articles if anyone is interested I can check if I find any Indy related to translate.) My favourite is Last Crusade, closely followed by Raiders.

Hi! I'm also a female Indy fan.

Check out this thread if you haven't already. 😀