A moment for the Russian children

monkey

But hoping to demolish whole Chechnya... where's your sensible mind, Monkey man? [/B][/QUOTE]

Whoa! Whoa! No, please, I think I have been misunderstood here. Probably my fault. I guess my 'chlorine' analogy was perhaps a bad pun. But when Aaron mentioned 'gene pool', well, you know ....gene pool, swimming pool.........chlorine cleans the bad elements out of the water of a swimming pool.....

I absolutely am not endorsing any kind of wholesale destruction of Checnya or the people of Checnya. Far from it. But there are a lot of bad elements down there. Including a lot of professional Arab terrorists linked to Al Qaida who are instigating the worst terrorism coming from Checnya.

What I meant by my analogy to a large dose of chlorine was that it may take a lot to get these bad elements out.

(and kill them like the beasts that they are)

I heard almost noting of it on the news for the type of event it was it got very little air time as far as I am concerned.

Questions is what is going to be done here abot this ?

Will the folks in charge just talk aboutit then forget it?

westford

To return to the whole 'human' thing briefly -

I think it depends on how you define 'human'. If you mean 'human' simply as the species Homo sapiens, then we are all human. If you mean it as 'mankind, the greatest killer on Earth', then we're all still human. But if you mean it as a cultural term, humans as beings capable of rational thought, dignity, and empathy, then it all becomes a pretty grey area...

I'm with Attilla on this one - terrorist or not, we're all human - Homo sapiens, mankind, beings capable of great things, both good and bad. I don't agree with the death sentence though, even for cold hearted killers such as these.

Gladhatter, maybe the world will forget and move on. But the town of Beslan never will. And for some of us, the name 'Beslan' will remind us of what has happened for a long time to come.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
westford said:
I'm with Attilla on this one - terrorist or not, we're all human - Homo sapiens, mankind, beings capable of great things, both good and bad. I don't agree with the death sentence though, even for cold hearted killers such as these.
Not to sound argumenative, but...
Would you rather have these people:
a) continue to kill others?
b) be a drain on the public resources? ie prison.
c) dead, so they can't ruin other people's lives?

Trust me, these guys wouldn't mind killing you, your family, and everyone you love for no reason, other than the small fact that you are alive. These types have no place in our world. The only viable answer is to kill them, pure and simple. We cannot sit down at a table and discuss things out over a nice meal. They will only be happy and pacified if everyone who doesn't think as they do are in a mass grave rotting away.

I am just sorryit had to be and had to impact folks as it did. I wish we could erase history and somethings I am just glad to not have learned.

westford

Aaron H said:
Not to sound argumenative, but...
Would you rather have these people:
a) continue to kill others?
b) be a drain on the public resources? ie prison.
c) dead, so they can't ruin other people's lives?
They should be sent to prison and be made to live with the knowledge of what they have done. Isn't that what happens to Death Row prisoners anyway? How long does it take to have someone executed?

Pale Horse

Staff member
westford said:
How long does it take to have someone executed?

Depends on the state of "security [in a] free state, [and] the right of the people to keep and bear arms."

Interpret that any way you want.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Last edited:
The Bali bombers went to prison for a short while and now they're free. No wonder those pricks kept smiling during their appeal...

Last edited:

monkey

Maybe if we hold hands with them, and sing "kumbaya", they will see the light.

Maybe we can send them to prison, and 'rehabilitate' them.

Send them to bed without their supper maybe???

Or maybe we can deliver some selected ordnance on target, and remove them from the planet.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but these are homo sapiens who have chosen to murder children. They need to be eliminated so that they DON'T KILL MORE CHILDREN!

OK??? Get it? No? Well, maybe when your own children or your neighbors' children are murdered you will. Until then, if you can't stomach killing those 'homo sapiens' then pass the gun to me, I will happily place a bullet between their eyes.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Westford, your short answers are causing a bit of confusion on where you stand, or more accurately how you feel. Hopefully you'll agree with me on this one when I say that "murder" and "killing" are not the same.

Indyologist

westford said:
To return to the whole 'human' thing briefly -

I think it depends on how you define 'human'. If you mean 'human' simply as the species Homo sapiens, then we are all human.

I'm with Attilla on this one - terrorist or not, we're all human - Homo sapiens, mankind, beings capable of great things, both good and bad.

IMHO, Westford, I think terrorists are a whole different species of human being-- I like to call them "Horror" sapiens . :(

Anyhoo, my heart goes out to the Russians and the terror they are suffering. If any of you here are Russian, you have my deepest condolences.

I also agree that the Russian millitia is not very well organized, perhaps due to corruption. Sometimes people are more concerned with WHO is important enough to give the orders rather than actually give the orders themselves. Just a thought.

I think back to that horrible incident with the Russian submarine that was trapped underwater with several young military men on board. I believe that happened to Russia. Do any of you remember this? It was several hours to days before anyone decided what the heck to do to rescue these poor young men. By the time they decided what to do, it was too late. They found them all dead, some with letters written to their mothers. They must've run out of air. So damn sad.

The submarine was the Kursk. Here's a link to the story. England had to rush and do the rescuing! Sad...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/885920.stm

PS-- Be sure to explore the sidebars and links on this site. Very interesting. I know this is slightly OT, but it just demonstrates how disorganized and skewed the Russian military is, as several people noted above. Hope it's of interest to you all...

Last edited:

monkey

westford said:
And that makes you better than them?

Westford, being 'better than them', or not 'better than them' is not the issue. The issue is getting rid of people who murder children.

Is that not a simple concept???

If there is a rabid dog running around the neighborhood biting children, would you not want to kill it?

I don't care about their 'cause', I don't care if there is 'goodness' somewhere in their hearts. I want to see them killed.

OK, you're 'better' than me because you don't. There. OK?

As was said before, I honestly don't understand your position on this issue due to your (purposefully?) short answers.

Last edited:

monkey

By the way, did we 'need' this?

Did we 'need' hundreds of Russian children to be murdered?

After all, "The world needs terrorism".

Doesn't it??

Last edited:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
No, it doesn't. The world has survived for 5 million years without terrorism.

Deadlock

VP said:
No, it doesn't. The world has survived for 5 million years without terrorism.

I'm not arguing that the world needs terrorism... but I will say that terrorism has existed in one form or another since the beginning of human history.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I agree, Deadlock. The world doesn't <i>need</i> terrorism, but the human race has always had terrorism.