The Viewers Verdict

What are your thought on Indy's Latest Adventure

• Total voters

peterlally

Yeh but a poll? On the fans final verdict? I can see them using this to see if they should make Indy 5. Based on what I felt watching KOTCS half of me is thinking Jesus please dont spoil Indy anymore and the other half needs an Indy 5 to bring things back on track. :(

Adamwankenobi

I think it was a fairly good film. I enjoyed most of it. Here are my basic opinions:

- Each of the characters were interesting, but most of them were underdeveloped.

- The dialogue and acting was good.

- The crystal skull is a great McGuffin and the concept of ancient astronauts is very interesting, but the overall plot was very messy and felt "stitched together".

- John Williams' score is pretty weak.

- The wedding scene was unneccesary, though the last bit with the hat was cool.

peterlally

I must admit i dont think Ford acted like Indy in the opening secquence he seems a little out of character

Apart from that Ford deserves a Standing ovation!

Crack that whip

Overall I've had a great time with it; there are elements I might wish were presented differently, but I have no gaping, unbridgeable philosophical issues with it the way some seem to, and I love the chemistry of the leads, the character progression and the ties to the rest of Indy lore.

I'm torn between the second and third options in the poll. I wish I could allocate half a vote to one and half a vote to the other.

jamiestarr

Honestly it is going to take a few years until I can give my "final" verdict. Hell, I just recently decided that I like "Raiders" better than "Crusade". That said, I thought "Crystal Skull" was great fun and 100% Indy.

Truth be told, I think that you could nitpick any of the Indy films (even Raiders) and find things to be disappointed about. It's just we have lived with the 1st three films for so long that we tend to overlook the shortcomings in those films. Think about how much fans would complain if "Temple" had just come out now. Many a fanboy would be harsh and speak ill of the musical number, a kid for a side kick, and just about everything Willie Scott does in the film...

Indy Smith

peterlally said:
I must admit i dont think Ford acted like Indy in the opening secquence he seems a little out of character

Apart from that Ford deserves a Standing ovation!

I thought that at first in moments, but I also thought that it was more of an act as in other bits he was a lot stronger. Felt like he was playing up to Spalko.

After leaving the theater I really wondered if I saw the same film that alot of people have been tearing apart. Sure it's not the best one but I thought it was pretty damn good. Off to see it again this weekend.

Professor Jones

I voted for "it doesn't feel like Indy", but if there were a worse "verdict" I personally would have chosen it: this movie is garbage.

Lao Che Pun

Professor Jones said:
I voted for "it doesn't feel like Indy", but if there were a worse "verdict" I personally would have chosen it: this movie is garbage.

Yeah...if you'e going to make a poll...you should have a diversity in views. Your poll essentially reads as:

Absolutely loved it.

Loved it.

Absolutely Liked it.

Liked it.

Liked it only a little.

C'mon, give us the full spectrum!

lsir123

thoughts

I really enjoyed the movie. I thought shia did just fine, and stuff between him and harrison ford were funny at times.

I am not wondering about opening scene and the fridge, i wasn't totally sure if the fridge flying should have been humorous and fell flat, and the music didn't go with the situation i'm not sure.

the swinging through the jungle scene i really didn't like, this was probably what i disliked about this movie the most. in fact it was probably the only thing i really didn't like.

i wonder if we had this internet stuff when indy first came out how critical we would have been ...probably just as much.

i think it works really well when you accept that is purposely has a feel of a 50s b movie sci fi movie. if you accept that i think you will like it just fine.

Some of the humor was great, great interaction, some of the action sequences were classics, just not the swinging from the vine that was i mean ..

though i felt the ending was a little anti-climactic but it was an ok ending...the hat was cool. but something about the ending with the aliens just felt anti climactic, it needed more ...

i think if i were to say what this film suffered from was trying to hard, it seemed like it tried to put everything it could in the film, and once in a while i thought it felt a little rushed when it needed to slow it down ...

it wasn't my favorite, but then i am going to see it again so it may be come just as much liked. I really liked the in between part, that critics seem to complain about the most as being slow for some reason ...funny either i hear it was to slow in the middle, or there was just too much action it can't be both ...

i think the reason so many people have trouble with aliens and not the God concepts ... is maybe cause there HAVE been so many movies already with alien story lines, i mean tons over the years. The Ark, The grail, and even the sankara stones were all things that you haven't seen in movies ...

and also, cause aliens and sci fi just makes it feel more future istic, and indy always had to do with the past ...

that being said i liked it fine and will see it again. something about that first scene did seem a little bit off to me when it first got started i think it was the dialouge, but it got better fast.

Euwhipides

I'm not trying to abrasive here - apparently it just comes naturally - but I really can't believe that people who have sex on a regular basis could say crap like "this is the worst film of all time." Yet the internet is full of them. Geez. Just get laid already.

Anyway, I thought it was good and definitely worth seeing, though I was underwhelmed the first time around. It's been a rough week. I can't wait for the second viewing. I know it's going to be even better.

:whip:

P.S. Spoiler style -

The alien archaeologist bit was simply brilliant.

Euwhipides said:
I'm not trying to abrasive here - apparently it just comes naturally - but I really can't believe that people who have sex on a regular basis could say crap like "this is the worst film of all time." Yet the internet is full of them. Geez. Just get laid already.

Anyway, I thought it was good and definitely worth seeing, though I was underwhelmed the first time around. It's been a rough week. I can't wait for the second viewing. I know it's going to be even better.

:whip:

P.S. Spoiler style -

The alien archaeologist bit was simply brilliant.

And I can't believe that someone who claims to be laid ona regular basis has such poor taste in film. Dude...this movie was slurping my balls 5 minutes in...it was brutal, lol.

Mike00spy

mindy muffles said:
And I can't believe that someone who claims to be laid ona regular basis has such poor taste in film. Dude...this movie was slurping my balls 5 minutes in...it was brutal, lol.

Wow- that is an eloquent way of describing the movie, sir. In fact, I have never seen the words in the Enlgish language come together in such a sentence. . . :dead:

Is this what these forums have become?

otto rahn

I think that this film was ALWAYS going to get strong reactions both pro and con. Many fans will just be so delighted to have another Indiana Jones film that they will forgive any mistakes while others have such high expectations for it that the film was never going to live up to them. In many ways Speilberg, Lucas and co were "on a hiding to nothing" making this film !

Professor Jones

otto rahn said:
I think that this film was ALWAYS going to get strong reactions both pro and con. Many fans will just be so delighted to have another Indiana Jones film that they will forgive any mistakes while others have such high expectations for it that the film was never going to live up to them. In many ways Speilberg, Lucas and co were "on a hiding to nothing" making this film !

I perfectly agree in that. Probably it's just a question of hate it or love it. I've personally hated it, but thinking more rationally and less emotively I can say that certain sequences were actual fun and well structured.

darkfate

Movie was soso

It wasn't a great movie and it wasn't horrible. The thing is when you have George Lucas who is out of the prime of film making and has little kids. It ruined his way of making great movies. He also has failed at writing great storylines for the last 6 years or so. He shouldn't have had any control over the movie besides watching on set and letting Steve do all the directing and such.

I call for members of this forum to write emails demanding we get a better film next time and that Lucas doesn't have total control over the story of it.

Raiders90

A bump to see if the poll's numbers - and thus sentiments on the film - have changed in the past near decade.