Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

Old 02-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #26
Mr. Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp
Just bought the headpiece from costumebase. They sent me a second chance buy it now. Got it for lower than what the last couple of auctions have ended at. I cannot wait to get it. Just want the diary now. I might wait on the idol and see if any company, like MR or EFX will pick up the Indy prop license.

I was wondering where to go to buy replicas of the film props. I am also assuming that someone will pick up the license since Indy has experienced a resurgence. However, I highly doubt it will be MR, since they no longer produce Star Wars items.

Perhaps Gentle Giant or Sideshow will get on board. Can't wait to find out!
Mr. Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #27
Swamp
IndyFan

Look like winrich whips are not taking orders till May. This sucks, since I was ready to order an IOAB from them.
Swamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #28
Blue Jay
IndyFan

Quote:
Look like winrich whips are not taking orders till May. This sucks, since I was ready to order an IOAB from them.

check out todds whip: http://www.toddscostumes.com/indy/wh...tyle_whips.htm
It is a 12 plait 8 feet whip, looks really screen accurate, it is a bit more expensive, 199 $.

The winrich whip is great, but i always thought that with only 4 plaits it does not looks so good, but that is just me.

Also, check out this whip: http://www.purewhips.com/whips.htm
Blue Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #29
Deckard
IndyFan

Quote:

If you don't want to wait, I have now seen a review of someone who has Todd's Whip and can say its pretty nice. I still plan on picking one up as soon as I have the money.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #30
Swamp
IndyFan

I think I have now decided on a Joe Strain. There are twice as expensive as a Todd's but reading other people's reviews, they seem to be one of the better whips.
Swamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #31
Mr. Z
IndyFan

Any comments on my props question from earlier?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:20 PM   #32
Snakes
IndyFan

How are the LL Bean shirts?
Anyone here have any?
Snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #33
Mr. Z
IndyFan

I'm not sure, to be honest. I ordered a shirt from Wested, but haven't received it yet. I think I read the LL Bean shirts run a tad baggy, but someone else would have to confirm this.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:15 PM   #34
Deckard
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Z
I'm not sure, to be honest. I ordered a shirt from Wested, but haven't received it yet. I think I read the LL Bean shirts run a tad baggy, but someone else would have to confirm this.

Yea the L.L. is again depending on your personal preferance. It isn't totally accurate but it's a similar enough style.

Mr.Z, what was your question from earlier?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #35
Mr. Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Yea the L.L. is again depending on your personal preferance. It isn't totally accurate but it's a similar enough style.

Mr.Z, what was your question from earlier?

Oh, it was about prop replicas:
I was wondering where to go to buy replicas of the film props. I am also assuming that someone will pick up the license since Indy has experienced a resurgence. However, I highly doubt it will be MR, since they no longer produce Star Wars items.

Deckard, I'm glad you replied, as you seem like someone who would know this. Plus, you actually respect new members, which I am a fan of.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #36
Deckard
IndyFan

Quote:
Oh, it was about prop replicas:

Deckard, I'm glad you replied, as you seem like someone who would know this. Plus, you actually respect new members, which I am a fan of.

Np, at the moment the only place to buy replicas as far as Indiana Jones is concerned is ebay. Or that Acme headpiece from theyre website(check out the 1st page). Lucas is cracking down on freelance artists who replicate movie props. Thats what happened to Magnoli. I too hope that someone like Sideshow or perhaps Diamond Select will replicate some official props.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #37
Mr. Z
IndyFan

That's kind of what I suspected. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:25 AM   #38
Mr. Fusion
IndyFan

I haven't heard about how good Diamond Select is at quality prop replicas. I have a Star Trek Phaser Type 2/1 version which is really nice, but it's just plastic. I really, really, really want to get their Flux Capacitor from Back to the Future. But it's like $280!! That's outrageous! But I did pay $300 once for an official Master Replicas Luke Skywalker lightsaber. Yeah, I was young and naive and didn't know how to spend money, but man, it is still awesome!
Mr. Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:52 AM   #39
Deckard
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fusion
I haven't heard about how good Diamond Select is at quality prop replicas. I have a Star Trek Phaser Type 2/1 version which is really nice, but it's just plastic. I really, really, really want to get their Flux Capacitor from Back to the Future. But it's like $280!! That's outrageous! But I did pay $300 once for an official Master Replicas Luke Skywalker lightsaber. Yeah, I was young and naive and didn't know how to spend money, but man, it is still awesome!

I preordered the Flux Capacitor and just got a custom Mr. Fusion machine.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:49 AM   #40
Mr. Fusion
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
I preordered the Flux Capacitor and just got a custom Mr. Fusion machine.

Mr. Fusion is jealous. lol

Now all you need is a DeLorean.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #41
Mr. Z
IndyFan

What does everyone here think of Todd's Costumes for Indy gear? It seems like they have some great stuff, but I'd like to hear from the experts here.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #42
Mr. Fusion
IndyFan

Quote:
What does everyone here think of Todd's Costumes for Indy gear? It seems like they have some great stuff, but I'd like to hear from the experts here.

I have never heard anything bad about Todd's stuff. I have his old shirt, which is from What Price Glory, and it's less than stellar, but his new shirt should be really good. I have several of his other items. I'm currently waiting on his distressed gloves.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:43 AM   #43
Mr. Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fusion
I have never heard anything bad about Todd's stuff. I have his old shirt, which is from What Price Glory, and it's less than stellar, but his new shirt should be really good. I have several of his other items. I'm currently waiting on his distressed gloves.

Excellent! I thought they had to be distressed by owner, so that is good news.

Did you get a Fedora from him as well? That's what I'm eager to do, but wanted to hear some positive things first. I got the bag, and it's awesome.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #44
Katarn07
IndyFan

Quote:
Excellent! I thought they had to be distressed by owner, so that is good news.

Did you get a Fedora from him as well? That's what I'm eager to do, but wanted to hear some positive things first. I got the bag, and it's awesome.

Don't get a fedora from him. They're pretty expensive when for a bit more you could either get an Akubra Federation or await AB's mass produced Indy hat which currently doesn't have a price tag but from what everyone says, it'll be much cheaper than their current offerings.

Glad to hear about the bag because I'm ordering mine from him with the good strap. That you need to distress yourself. He offers the gloves new and predistressed.

EDIT - Crap. I told myself I wouldn't get a whip, but look at the price of those ones on eBay! Does anyone here own them to show some better pics? I'm only interested in it for display/costume purposes, not to actually use. I know that Indy had a 8-10 ft, 12 pleat. Would you really notice the 6 ft one being so short if coiled I wonder?

Last edited by Katarn07 : 03-02-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #45
Mr. Z
IndyFan

I figured Todd's whip was pretty good for the price, and I'll be using it for costuming too. Not too many adventures in my future, I don't think.

What hat do you own, if you don't mind me asking. Is AB Adventure Built? It must be. Any idea when those will come out?
Old 03-03-2008, 03:27 AM   #46
Mr. Fusion
IndyFan

Yeah, I've heard that Todd's fedora is not worth the price. The biggest "mistake" I see with his is there are too many stitches on the ribbon.

I did see that Hatsdirect recently raised the price of their Akubra Federation to the same as the Federation deluxe. That's stupid. Personally, I'm looking at a Camptown Model 1936 "Fieldmaster." They look very nice, especially for the price.
1936 "Fieldmaster"

EDIT: I just checked Hatsdirect.com and they've LOWERED the price of the Federation regular! The price was a lot higher yesterday. I'd grab one now, if you're still interested.

Last edited by Mr. Fusion : 03-03-2008 at 03:44 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #47
Katarn07
IndyFan

I don't have an AB, I got the Federation Regular. Wow, it went up $4 since I got mine. Yikes. I have a feeling it's going to keep going up as we get closer to May. I heard a few years back they were only around $75 or something.

I'm stumped when it comes to whips. I have a snakewhip on my watchlist that isn't that screen accurate, but it's 10 feet and 8 pleats and looks nicer quality than jzrjoe's stuff. If I don't get it, I'll end up getting one of his I'm sure. I still can't justify buying Todd's whip as nice as it looks.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #48
Mr. Z
IndyFan

I am so glad you two recomended the Federation Regular!! It seems like a nice little company, and the hat looks great. I'm definitely going to try and snag one today. I can't wait.

I have to ask about the Todd's whip they are offering. From what I have seen, their's is the cheapest, and it appears to be screen accurate. Are there cheaper ones out there Katarn07?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #49
Katarn07
IndyFan

Good luck with the hat. They're a great bunch over there from the emails I shared with them. Very friendly. Get the cheaper shipping. Mine came in less than 10 days.

Quote:
From what I have seen, their's is the cheapest, and it appears to be screen accurate. Are there cheaper ones out there Katarn07?

There's Caicedo's and Winrich's but they're pretty pricey too. I think Todd's looks better anyways, but performance wise I'm not so sure which would come out on top. But that's not an issue for me. I'd probably pull an young Indy and hit my face if I actually tried to crack the thing
Old 03-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #50
Mr. Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn07
There's Caicedo's and Winrich's but they're pretty pricey too. I think Todd's looks better anyways, but performance wise I'm not so sure which would come out on top. But that's not an issue for me. I'd probably pull an young Indy and hit my face if I actually tried to crack the thing

Ha!

Good links. Is that your hesitation then; the fact that the Todd's ones may not perform as well, and are more costume then authentic actual whip? All this whip talk; we've got to do this.