TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 PM   #76
Mr. Z
IndyFan

This is the Deluxe gunbelt, but the standard holster.
Mr. Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:47 PM   #77
MattJones
IndyFan

Location: Note about username: I made this back when we thought Shia's character COULD have been Matthew Jones. Oh well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Now that you have your Diary, You will no doubt want the Cup itself. Hitler can have the grail but he can't take it with him, you can. Again we turn to ebay. Seeing a pattern here yet? Several grails are readily available each week with nicer quality ones showing up a bit less often.

My main sugestion would be Geneva Roth:

This grail is hand thrown ceramic and has actual gold leaf in the basin. Its got a nice look and doesn't suffer from a thick neck or wide basin. For the price of just over $100 its a terrific replica. It is most like the grail that lays on it's side twoard the end, when Elsa knocks it into the chasm. You can tell this because of the coloring and the lip.

Also this grail shows up often lately:

This one is again hand made for each customer only this one is actually made of wood. It too has an accurate shape, but no gold leaf. The outside coloring of the grail is also a little more accurate here. This is more like the grail you see in the Knight's shrine, before Indy actually picks it up.

Reelart's are again, very inaccurate. I've actually heard people say they just threw them in the trash.

Hopefully this short guide will answer some of your questions about what to buy. Please contribute reviews and photos of your own so we can have a definitive what's what of Indy gear.

Now that I have the Geneva Roth Holy Grail, feel free to ask for different angles if you are thinking about buying it.
MattJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:47 PM   #78
Deckard
IndyFan

Falco, heres some of what Costumebase offers. Costumebase is an ebay seller from Singapore for those unaware.

New Diamond :

The ebay seller Jedi Spirit's Diamond is also pretty good for around $10. I think I payed around $10 for the Costumebase as well, He has tons of everything in stock and will usually accomodate your best offer as long as it isn't insultingly low.

Again, the CB Headpiece which has the same inscription on both sides :

Belt and holster set in the darker brown coloring, he offers a lighter color which is more orange as well:

And Finally the bag they offer, which has a faux leather strap. The insides also vary from a real bag, the real ones have a ton of small compartments which would prohibit you from fitting an idol or grail or possibly even grail diary in it :

Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:57 PM   #79
Mr. Z
IndyFan

I really like that head piece to the Staff of Ra.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #80
Snakes
IndyFan

How is the Wested Special Offer Lambskin jacket compared to the standard Raiders or goatskin?

http://www.ekmpowershop4.com/ekmps/s...bskin-70-p.asp

This jacket is cheaper than the others but less durable. The color also looks somewhat lighter but could just be the pictures; they say its the same as the standard Raiders jacket. I'd really like to get a Wested jacket but I'm not sure which one I should buy. Theres also the Todd's jacket which looks excellent and is much cheaper but is also supposed to be far less durable.
Snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #81
Indy Geek
IndyFan

Very explicit post

I think itīs the first someone on a post about Indy gear, as explain to me, most of the doubts I had about it (of course, not forgetting the people how helped me through email).
Nevertheless, Great collection!!!!
Indy Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #82
Mr. Z
IndyFan

Snakes, did you decide on a jacket yet? You should really check with the folks at Club Obi-Wan; they really know their stuff.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #83
Indy Geek
IndyFan

There are so many variations of the same item...It´s difficult to choose which one to buy (and the most screen alike).
Indy Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #84
Ska
IndyFan

Looking for a satchel...

OK, so I've been looking for a satchel/gas mask bag to use for work. I want it to look Indy'ish, but it has to be a little larger to hold a clipboard/tape measure/scale/etc. (I work at an Engineering firm and do some field measurements). I've had a US M24 gas mask bag for a while, but it's too small to hold a standard clipboard.

Are any of the other satchels large enough to hold one?
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #85
Agent Spalko

I was wondering if you were to replace the crystal on an Acme Artifacts headpiece with a Swarovski crystal you have to remove the mirrored backing, do you inset it with two opposing crystals on each side?
Agent Spalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:37 PM   #86
Deckard
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spalko
I was wondering if you were to replace the crystal on an Acme Artifacts headpiece with a Swarovski crystal you have to remove the mirrored backing, do you inset it with two opposing crystals on each side?

Well it depends if the hole goes all the way through the headpiece or not. I'm fairly certain on mine, it is a one piece crystal, not 2, but I don't have an acme. Heres mine.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #87
Agent Spalko

That looks very similar to the Acme one. Is that the from Stridec or Costumebase? I think I read over on Indygear that the Swarovski crystals needed to be sanded down because the back is not perfectly flat and is pointed in the center. I was thinking about purchasing an Acme and wanted to know if I need to order 1 or 2 Swarovski Topaz crystals to replace the acrylic one with.

Love your Idol, btw. Is that one of Gobler's? I'd love to get one.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #88
Deckard
IndyFan

Mine may or may not be a one of a kind. Some speculated it is a Redfour headpiece, while the seller, who happened to have the ebay name Abner Ravenwood, claimed it was made just for him and the only one. It is cast in bronze, gold plated and has a real swarovski crystal, the correct movie size which are no longer made. I also have the costumebay which is cool but no where near as nice. The Acme is cool, but not cast in bronze which is why I prefer mine. "A worthless bronze medallion."

And yes that is the Gobler idol and if you can get in on the 2nd run DO NOT hesitate, taken from an original mold, and electroplated gold by the original company who also did C-3PO. Its my favorite piece by far.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #89
Agent Spalko

Yeah I'd like to get in on Gobler's second run if I can ever get my account activated over there.

I believe the Swarovski's were the 48ss 11mm, correct? I found a few suppliers on ebay selling them.

As for the headpiece itself, I never took the line to literally mean it was bronze, but rather a tactic to trick Marion into thinking it was worthless. It definitely looks more gold in the film. Yours looks very nice.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:05 AM   #90
Blue Jay
IndyFan

right know i wonder if there will be the crystal skull available as a 1:1 replica?
I know Deckard got one, but i mean something less expensive, more for the general public, like costumebase's head piece of the staff of ra, which maybe not a 100 % accurate, but still like 90 % with the right size.

one can dream, right?
Blue Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #91
Jones JR
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn07
Lost out on this by a cent.

It's a 10' 8 plait snake whip.I would have put my max bid in with seconds to go like usual, but it ended at 6:00 and that's when I get off of work.

I ended up getting this one instead.

It's a 10' four plait. I did not get this one from jrzjoe. This one costs less than his and is from a seller called borderlinedesign. I think it looks kind of cheap compared to the snakewhip I lost, but it was only $25! That's cheaper than jrzjoe's and from the pics as good of quality. I feel better having spent only that much rather than $100+ for something I'm never going to use. Perhaps in the future I'll upgrade to a Winrich, Caicedo's, or even Todd's, but I think this will hold me over until that day comes.

Donīt want to be stupid and have bad attitude but that whip doesnīt look like an Indy whip at all too me. Yeah right if you donīt want to pay much but itīs not enough accurate too me.
Jones JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #92
Mr. Fusion
IndyFan

I don't know if anyone has brought up the Christys' Adventurer fedora. You can find it here:
Fur felt Hornets Hats

I ordered one earlier today. I think it would be better than a Federation IV, which also looks like a great hat.

Here's the Fed IV:
Federation IV
Mr. Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #93
eazybox
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fusion
I don't know if anyone has brought up the Christys' Adventurer fedora. You can find it here:
Fur felt Hornets Hats

I ordered one earlier today. I think it would be better than a Federation IV, which also looks like a great hat.

Here's the Fed IV:
Federation IV

The Christy's Adventurer, which the last time I looked, was $98.00, is the same hat that Herbert Johnson sells for hundreds of dollars more. It's basically the same hat that was used in the first three movies, but with a different label. There's a thread about it at COW and people who bought it seem very pleased.

Jack
eazybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:32 AM   #94
Indy Byrd
IndyFan

my gear

I have a Indy holster that I had made custom for my .22 ( I know not exactly like Indy's but the closest I have right now) at my local tack and leather shop (for $55.00) . They also made my whip holster for my 10' whip which cost me around $10.00) that works really well. It is snug against the whip which keeps it from unwinding on me. I also ordered my 10' kangaroo whip from Victor Tella, (snakewhip.com) who did a wonderful job on it and for a resonable price, $477.00 total, shipping and all. As for the bag, I made my own from screen shots and detailed pics of the original Mark VII bag that Harrison Ford wore in the movies.
Indy Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:39 PM   #95
Mr. Fusion
IndyFan

My my, Indy Byrd. You've been a busy bee. When can we see some pics?
Mr. Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:06 AM   #96
Major West
IndyFan

Is anybody selling film accurate Crystal Skulls yet?
Major West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:40 AM   #97
bonoferox
IndyFan

My friend presented me with the bulwhips.com

http://www.bulwhips.com/servlet/the-...8-PLAIT/Detail

Very impressed with it in person!
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #98
Raider S
IndyFan

Deckard, you have some nice things there. Can you please tell me a bit more about the framed 'leap of faith' image you have framed there?

Thanks!
Raider S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:19 PM   #99
Deckard
IndyFan

Hey, that picture is actually a print. You can see it :

The image was printed out and placed onto a thin board back, glued down, then that was glued to the wood "frame". I got it on ebay for around $250 I believe. Haven't seen one in a while tho.

Artists offer them actually painted from time to time but they go for over $1000. You could try to make one yourself, It may not be too hard if you get a really good copy of the image to print. Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:29 PM   #100
Raider S
IndyFan

Thanks. I like to try and make my own stuff. Thought you might have gotten a line drawing off the net then did the rest yourself. Right now everything on eBay will probably be high due to the recent film.
Raider S is offline   Reply With Quote