TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

Old 11-14-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
LaoCheRules!
IndyFan

All of the Deleted Scenes

Could someone compile a list of all the deleted scenes we know about, and the others that people just speculate exist?

I have noticed this site hasn't really been keeping up with the new additions.

Also, has anyone noticed a weird shot in the Re-release trailer on the DVD bonus disc. During that part where they show all of the villains, there is a man smoking with 3 others to each side of him. He nods and they all turn toward the camera. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it in the movie and I just don't realize it?
LaoCheRules! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:12 AM   #2
Michael24
IndyFan

That shot with the smoking man is just before the fight in the marketplace. The man with the cigarette spots Indy and Marion from the balcony, then returns inside and signals the others to attack.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
LaoCheRules!
IndyFan

I figured it was in the movie since they put it in the re-release trailer, but I just never noticed it. Anyway, does someone have a list of all the deleted scenes?
Old 11-20-2007, 07:31 PM   #4
What Truck?
IndyFan

A Few...

Well, I don't remember them all, but here's some off the top of my head...

From Raiders:

1. Sallah's execution = After capturing the Ark, the Germans decide Sallah should be executed. The task is left to a young german soldier who is ultimately unable to kill Sallah.
2. Truck stuck in mud = This explains in detail just what happens to Sallah when the Germans grab him while he's guarding the entrance to the map room. The rope is used to help get a jeep out of the mud, necessitating Sallah's improvisation with the German flag
3. Periscope = shot to show how Indy survives the trip to the secret Nazi base. He lashes himself to the periscope, which remains up for the duration of the trip.
4. Fight with Swordsman = the full version of Indy's showdown with the swordsman originally involved a sword vs. whip dynamic. Shots of this scene exist, but it was ultimately scrapped when Harrison became ill. Shooting him with a gun was a quick way to resolve this problem.

From Temple:

1. Willie escapes = in the finished movie, just after Shorty and Willie are ambushed by Thugee, you can see that Willie escapes. This scene would have been followed by a sequence where she returns to the palace only to discover that the prime minister is in league with the cult.
2. Cure for the Black Sleep = Shorty learns that fire is the cure for the Black Sleep of Kali Ma when he witnesses a jet of lava burn one of the Thugee, releasing him from the spell.
3. The children escape = this was a scene showing Indy, Willie, and Shorty building a bridge for the children to escape over the fiery chasm in the sacrificial chamber. As the last child crosses, the bridge catches fire and the trio are unable to follow. At this point, they return and escape through the mines as seen in the movie.
What Truck? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
metalinvader
IndyFan

There is a cut scene from the LC involving the word of god sequence.

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=7600

This has all the info on it.
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
herr gruber

Henry and Indy arriving at Iskenderun Station. Also, a scene with Henry, Indy, Marcus and Sallah looking at an explosion caused by Donovan enroute to the Grail Temple.
herr gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:05 PM   #7
The Stranger
IndyFan

I hope someday they'll decide to release a special DVD edition of the saga, with possibly all of the deleted footage from the first three films... maybe even remastered... boys, that would be cool.

And... well... the original "making of " videos would be great collector's stuff, too.
The Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #8
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stranger
I hope someday they'll decide to release a special DVD edition of the saga, with possibly all of the deleted footage from the first three films... maybe even remastered... boys, that would be cool.

And... well... the original "making of " videos would be great collector's stuff, too.

Well those scenes were all cut out for a reason, so adding them might just be detrimental.
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #9
The Stranger
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oki9Sedo
Well those scenes were all cut out for a reason, so adding them might just be detrimental.

I know... I was thinking about a release of the deleted scenes as an extra content for the DVDs, something like "special features" for an hypothetical collector's edition.
I don't need a re-edit of the original films with a recycling of the old deleted scenes... those movies are just perfect as they are now.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #10
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:
I know... I was thinking about a release of the deleted scenes as an extra content for the DVDs, something like "special features" for an hypothetical collector's edition.
I don't need a re-edit of the original films with a recycling of the old deleted scenes... those movies are just perfect as they are now.

Oh sorry. I think that would be great too, but Spielberg has always been against deleted scenes on DVD. He feels it takes away from the "magic" of the film, makes it seem less real and more like, well, a film.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #11
The Stranger
IndyFan

So fingers crossed!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #12
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:
So fingers crossed!!!

Absolutely, I'd love to see them too!
Old 12-01-2007, 10:43 PM   #13
LaoCheRules!
IndyFan

What about the Pat Roach situation in Crusade. I've seen that clip of Indy punching him, but was he also supposed to play that WW1 flying ace?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:34 AM   #14
Dr. Indy Jones
IndyFan

I would really like to see them all!!
Dr. Indy Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:13 AM   #15
metalinvader
IndyFan

If anyone cares some of the whip/sword fight can be seen here

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9xRnOMLP_EM

If anyone is wondering it's from the old Raiders documentary.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #16
Grizzlor
IndyFan

The original Raiders making of/documentary was released on DVD right, in that Best Buy exclusive?

Spielberg simply, unfortunately, does not do audio commentary. He never has, and at this point, you have to think he never will. It's too bad, because an audio commentary of Steven, George and Harrison for all 3 (soon 4) Indy films would be awesome.
Grizzlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #17
metalinvader
IndyFan

It was a Best Buy exclusive but it was edited down to 10 minutes.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #18
No Ticket
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlor
The original Raiders making of/documentary was released on DVD right, in that Best Buy exclusive?

Spielberg simply, unfortunately, does not do audio commentary. He never has, and at this point, you have to think he never will. It's too bad, because an audio commentary of Steven, George and Harrison for all 3 (soon 4) Indy films would be awesome.

Never say never. Case in point... Indiana Jones 4. I had seriously begun to believe it wasn't ever going to happen. And here it is.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:28 AM   #19
digitalfreaknyc
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalinvader
It was a Best Buy exclusive but it was edited down to 10 minutes.

That was not the Raiders "making of."

That was an EPK.
digitalfreaknyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 07:53 PM   #20
blueseattle
IndyFan

Wow. That scene where Willie escapes would have been terrifying and very creepy. I love Temple.
blueseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 PM   #21
LaoCheRules!
IndyFan

I think Spielberg had deleted scenes with commentary on the Close Encounters DVD, so........you never now.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:39 PM   #22
FILMKRUSC
IndyFan

They should at least release some of the outtake reels from the films.
Those are very fun. There's a temple of doom outtake of harrison ford being surprised when he is tied up for the Thugee whipping and Barbara Striesand comes out with the whip.
FILMKRUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #23
LVskywalker
IndyFan

I would love to see Sallah's execution scene. I remember Spielberg saying, that it would have been the most emotional scene in the whole movie, and that the young german soldier (a german tourist) did a wonderful acting job.

Hopefully they'll be released on DVD sometime.
LVskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:44 AM   #24
sunshinestate1992
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVskywalker
I would love to see Sallah's execution scene. I remember Spielberg saying, that it would have been the most emotional scene in the whole movie, and that the young german soldier (a german tourist) did a wonderful acting job.

Hopefully they'll be released on DVD sometime.
You know i have a story similat to this. I one of my great grandfathers is from yugoslavia and when hitler took ooooooooooover his country he was drafted against his will into his army,so was the rest of his company, and he was ordered to shoot a jewish man,My great grandfather refused(because he wasnt a racist or anything,he was just a nice man with morals,and knew no ones life is worth more than anothers life)and was about to get shot when his whole company backed him up.And they wouldnt shoot the whole company.
By the way my two great uncles were americans and infantry in the united states army.(they are on my dads side ,while my yugoslavian great greatgrandfather is on my moms)

My great grandfather was just 17 a kid .

Its funny how there are actually accounts where this has happened.

Last edited by sunshinestate1992 : 12-16-2007 at 08:51 AM.
sunshinestate1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #25
Indy's Fist
IndyFan

Deleted scenes

Is there any reason why the deleated scenes were not on any of the DVD releases? I for one would love to see them as well as some alternate scenes.
Indy's Fist is offline   Reply With Quote