Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #51
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeemedChild
What about Spectrobes and Pokemon? I really like Spectrobes.

I never really played it. I heard it's a good game.

Disney has made some good games in their past as well. No one *****ed when Capcom and Disney made games together back in the NES and SNES days. Games such as Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales and even Aladdin.

Disney Interactive made the Lion King Game back on home cosnoles in the 90's and those were pretty grand as well.

Disney seems to be a trend to hate it or like it. I look beyond the whole Hannah Monatna, Miley Cyrus, High School Musical, Joans Brothers things and look at stuff like Pixar, Aladdin and even stuff like Dave the Barbarian that they aired years ago.
Agent Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #52
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Crab

Disney has made some good games in their past as well. No one *****ed when Capcom and Disney made games together back in the NES and SNES days. Games such as Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales and even Aladdin.

Disney Interactive made the Lion King Game back on home cosnoles in the 90's and those were pretty grand as well.

Disney seems to be a trend to hate it or like it. I look beyond the whole Hannah Monatna, Miley Cyrus, High School Musical, Joans Brothers things and look at stuff like Pixar, Aladdin and even stuff like Dave the Barbarian that they aired years ago.

Yes. The Lion King, Ducktales, and Aladdin were all great games.
Aladdin had great platforming, and all of them had top-notch sprites.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #53
Insomniac
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdude
I can just imagine Spidermouse 2.......

Donald as Harry: "You killed my father! WAHHHAAHAWAHAHWHHA! (donalds trademark jibberish yell) "
Great one!I laughed so hard!
To bad this is no joking matter.
Insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #54
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Quote:

You should check out Spectrobes. It's a great and addictive game with a great storyline.

I think that Disney is on the way having great games again. Up The video game, Cars The Video Game and G-Force have all be praised as great Disney movie/games.
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #55
IndyWolf15

WOW this is great. Now that they have this deal going on, probably the hero films will be more family friendly. I wander if Miley Cyrus, Salen Gomez, Demi Lovato and other Disney stars will be in any of the next films they produce? It would be nice to know.
IndyWolf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #56
Kevin
IndyFan

This article really puts things in perspective, below is an excerpt:

Quote:
People are complaining that we will start seeing bloodless comic book films, but have you forgotten so quickly about this summerís bloodless fest X-Men Origins: Wolverine? There was hacking and slashing all throughout the film and not one drop of blood, digital or practical, was spilled; and that wasnít produced by Disney, it was done by Fox and itís a prime example of what happens when the studio gets too involved in the creative process.

Iron Man, however, is a prime example of what Marvel can do when left alone - but the problem is Iron Man was the first film completely funded by Marvel Studios and it took a lot of money to make that happen. Thatís money Marvel didnít recoup until well after the movie was made and released, so any other project they may have wanted to work on was on hold until the funds came back in. Now what if Marvel had access to Disneyís money during the time Iron Man was being made? If Marvel has access to that kind of coin, then we could have more than one or two high quality superhero films released every year.

Itís no surprise that Marvel is very tight-fisted when it comes to their own production quality - but not having the funding to release films; they were forced to make deals with other movie houses. This is why we see Sony with Spider-man, Fox with X-Men, and Paramount with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk. This is also why the only truly awesome film so far was Iron Man, because Paramount was the distributor not the producer. When the studios try to get involved, audiences end up with X-Men 3, The Punisher and Fantastic Four.

Disney already knows this and I would bet they are happy to stand back and see how their investment can flourish with proper funding. They did the same thing with Pixar a few years ago and if anything Pixar movies have gotten better and they are being released more frequently. Think that would have happened if Pixar had tried to fund their projects themselves? Not a chance. Also, nothing Disney does is low budget, they pride themselves in doing things over and above how it should be done to keep up appearances. If a movie is going to suck, then itís going to suck looking good.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #57
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Quote:
People are complaining that we will start seeing bloodless comic book films, but have you forgotten so quickly about this summerís bloodless fest X-Men Origins: Wolverine?

Yes. Because it was terrible.

I don't care about blood. As long as it's a good movie.

That's a very good article you posted, Kevin. And I'm starting to see that this decision isn't so bad after all.

Perhaps Disney will make my dreams come true. At least my comic book dreams.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #58
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
This article really puts things in perspective, below is an excerpt:

That's a good article. During the early years of Pixar-Disney, Disney's brand really suffered under the management of Cynthia Pressler. She was of the mindset, that if you keep slapping "Disney" on x, y, and z, people will keep buying it despite how markedly inferior it is. The argument for scrapping the entire animation department was "the kids don't like it" when a sane mind would realize that the end product wasn't that good; aside from the near-miss that was Atlantis: The Lost Empire, all the animated pictures Disney put out were remarkably bad.

Enter Pixar. Pixar needed a distributor, and Disney gave that to them. When Disney eventually saw how damn profitable they were, the smart business decision was to keep their hands out of the creative process. Why? At the height of this intersection, the profits from Pixar were roughly half of Disney's operating budget.

Artistry trumps marketing. People won't keep lining up to see a crap film the same way they'll line-up repeatedly for a good film.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #59
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyWolf15
WOW this is great. Now that they have this deal going on, probably the hero films will be more family friendly. I wander if Miley Cyrus, Salen Gomez, Demi Lovato and other Disney stars will be in any of the next films they produce? It would be nice to know.

Ironman will still be PG-13. Disney is not gonna harm or kiddiefy the Marvel characters.

Just to let you know.

Disney owns Tri-Star and Miramax. Stuff like Kill Bill wasn't G rated or family orenanted.

Even Disney's Pirates of the Carribean wasn't G-rated. Watch the video I linked a few posts back.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #60
IndyWolf15

I must say that Wolverine was a terrible movie. I think Marvel should remake Wolverine and make it more family friendly now that Marvel is in the hands of Disney and rate the movie PG-13 or PG-14. Heres my opinion on Ironman, i think it was a great movie and it is very exciting, enjoyable, funny and great action scenes, the only problem i had were bad language, but so far i liked Ironman.
IndyWolf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #61
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Quote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Since Disney bought Marvel the past is slowly erasing........

Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #62
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
I must say that Wolverine was a terrible movie. I think Marvel should remake Wolverine and make it more family friendly now that Marvel is in the hands of Disney and rate the movie PG-13 or PG-14. Heres my opinion on Ironman, i think it was a great movie and it is very exciting, enjoyable, funny and great action scenes, the only problem i had were bad language, but so far i liked Ironman.

*pictures Wolverine skipping around with a bunch of singing flowers and animals*
Old 09-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #63
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

and Wolverine wasn't a terrible movie it was so so. But the M rated game was GREAT blood carnage and swearing!

I'm just hoping series like The Punisher don't go bye bye.....

I have always been a Marvel guy I guess now I will have to be a DC guy
Old 09-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #64
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
*pictures Wolverine skipping around with a bunch of singing flowers and animals*

And he will have a yellow basket full of kittens and he will stop every so often to let a small, fluttering bird perch on one of his claws.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #65
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Your killing me Lonesome...........

This is a direct threat on all industires Disney an buy what ever company they want.......... What if they buy Universal? Or Lionsgate?

Disney's Rambo?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 09-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #66
Agent Crab
IndyFan

I find it funny that Indy Wolf thinks it will all be sugar coated. I doubt she does realize that Miramax is owne dby Disney and there wasn't any fluffiness and candies falling in the sky with Kill Bill.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #67
jamesdude

"Im the Juggernaut Biatch!!"

Disney version:
" Hi there!, Im the Juggernaut friend, how are ya!"
jamesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #68
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Quote:
"Im the Juggernaut Biatch!!"

Disney version:
" Hi there!, Im the Juggernaut friend, how are ya!"

The Punisher............... instead of shooting countless people he know finds common ground with them and they all hold hands and sing
Old 09-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #69
roundshort
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
The Punisher............... instead of shooting countless people he know finds common ground with them and they all hold hands and sing

How about this:

The Punisher {movie} instead of sucking, might actually be decent?
roundshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #70
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundshort
How about this:

The Punisher {movie} instead of sucking, might actually be decent?

The 2004 Punisher movie was fantastic what are you smoking?

Warzone was CRAP though
Old 09-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #71
The Drifter
IndyFan

The next Punisher will be played by no other than:

There will be plenty of hugs for everyone! And, when someone has a bad day, The Punisher will set them down and talk about their issues. The problem will be made better within a span of five minutes.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #72
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
The next Punisher will be played by no other than:

There will be plenty of hugs for everyone! And, when someone has a bad day, The Punisher will set them down and talk about their issues. The problem will be made better within a span of five minutes.

Will Jigsaw be played by Dave Coulier?

" Come on now Punisher Cut it Out"
Old 09-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #73
The Drifter
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Will Jigsaw be played by Dave Coulier?

" Come on now Punisher Cut it Out"

Gosh, that would either be very epic or very horrible.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #74
jamesdude

Ladies and gentlemen......Mickey Mouse as Tony Stark/ Iron Man

What next? lol

Pete as Iron Monger?
The Beast as Whiplash?
Minnie as Pepper Potts?
Cruella as Black Widow?
jamesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #75
The Drifter
IndyFan

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen......Mickey Mouse as Tony Stark/ Iron Man

What next? lol

Pete as Iron Monger?
The Beast as Whiplash?
Minnie as Pepper Potts?
Cruella as Black Widow?

I don't know, but Pete is awesome.