TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #551
Finn
Moderator
 
Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
Harrison has always been keen Lucas is the real reason its not happened but still some chance for Harrison as Disney have little chance of getting their money back unless Harrison is the lead actor in the entire movie as Harrison is quite literally the franchise the character will never work without Harrison!
A whole bunch of books, comics, video games and an entire tv series begs to disagree. The character lives and breathes just fine in plenty of materials that have nothing to do with Mr. Ford.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:08 PM   #552
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,656
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:49 AM   #553
IndyForever
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
A whole bunch of books, comics, video games and an entire tv series begs to disagree. The character lives and breathes just fine in plenty of materials that have nothing to do with Mr. Ford.
If you asked the majority of the movie going public to name who Indiana Jones IS I think 99.9% would say Harrison Ford

Ford IS Indiana Jones to the vast majority of the movie going public. Disney know this thats why they will have Ford starring again all they need to do is convince Spielberg to do it with minimal Lucas involvment (now Disney tossed his EP7-9 ideas I doubt he has much time for them as he is one of the most stubborn film makers around).

You anti Ford people make me laugh as you would pay to watch him as Indy again yet petition for him to lose the part that's just plain weird
IndyForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:28 AM   #554
Finn
Moderator
 
Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
If you asked the majority of the movie going public to name who Indiana Jones IS I think 99.9% would say Harrison Ford.
If you asked the movie-going public to describe the character of Indiana Jones, 99.9% would call him an adventurer archaelogist who wears a "cowboy hat" and a whip, hunts lost relics and fights the Nazis in the 1930s, and they may add, "portrayed by Harrison Ford". However, they will NOT describe him as an elderly man who still wears the hat and fights god-knows-who in the 1960s or the 70s.

You can't just dress Ford in a fedora and say, "here you have Indiana Jones". You also need the proper timeframe and surroundings to complete the icon. Those are equally important to having the right man inside the clothes. And they, sadly, are something Mr. Ford can't provide any longer.

You're saying that 99.9% recognize Ford as Indy, which may be true - but the real question you should be asking yourself if it's the same percentage who are willing to accept him and only him for the part. It's not the same number, and I'm willing to bet good $$$ for that. Think a little - if even some of us fans are willing to accept a new face, is it really so that casual viewers will be up in arms over the switch? If I told my dad, who doesn't live and breathe the character like this board does, but has seen all the movies and thinks they're "pretty good", that there's a fifth installment in the making and that they've got a new guy portraying Indy, I'm fairly sure he wouldn't go all "how dare they replace Ford?", rather than "oh, interesting, let's go see it when it comes out".

Aaaand that will be the response of the 99.9% when they recast the role, and Disney will be very happy to have their money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
You anti Ford people make me laugh as you would pay to watch him as Indy again yet petition for him to lose the part
Nobody here is petitioning against anything - it's the simple matter of accepting the reality against betting on what may be wishful thinking at best.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:32 PM   #555
Indy Jones
IndyFan
 
Indy Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 119
I guess only Ford as Indy can be successful.

So that "Fate of Atlantis" game must really blow hard.
Indy Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #556
IndyForever
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
If you asked the movie-going public to describe the character of Indiana Jones, 99.9% would call him an adventurer archaelogist who wears a "cowboy hat" and a whip, hunts lost relics and fights the Nazis in the 1930s, and they may add, "portrayed by Harrison Ford". However, they will NOT describe him as an elderly man who still wears the hat and fights god-knows-who in the 1960s or the 70s.

You can't just dress Ford in a fedora and say, "here you have Indiana Jones". You also need the proper timeframe and surroundings to complete the icon. Those are equally important to having the right man inside the clothes. And they, sadly, are something Mr. Ford can't provide any longer.

You're saying that 99.9% recognize Ford as Indy, which may be true - but the real question you should be asking yourself if it's the same percentage who are willing to accept him and only him for the part. It's not the same number, and I'm willing to bet good $$$ for that. Think a little - if even some of us fans are willing to accept a new face, is it really so that casual viewers will be up in arms over the switch? If I told my dad, who doesn't live and breathe the character like this board does, but has seen all the movies and thinks they're "pretty good", that there's a fifth installment in the making and that they've got a new guy portraying Indy, I'm fairly sure he wouldn't go all "how dare they replace Ford?", rather than "oh, interesting, let's go see it when it comes out".

Aaaand that will be the response of the 99.9% when they recast the role, and Disney will be very happy to have their money.

Nobody here is petitioning against anything - it's the simple matter of accepting the reality against betting on what may be wishful thinking at best.
Prepare for a major disappointment Disney are highly unlikely to relaunch an Indiana Jones movie WITHOUT the lead actor whilst he can still easily generate a $1b+ gross.

Don't overthink things here keep it simple that way the bitter pill you are struggling to accept will be far easier to swallow
IndyForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:59 PM   #557
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,656
To my good Finnish friend



I hope you understand my humor.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #558
Lambonius
IndyFan
 
Lambonius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
Prepare for a major disappointment Disney are highly unlikely to relaunch an Indiana Jones movie WITHOUT the lead actor whilst he can still easily generate a $1b+ gross.

Don't overthink things here keep it simple that way the bitter pill you are struggling to accept will be far easier to swallow

You are amusingly naive.

Disney is going to do what they think will be most profitable and will have the most public appeal. Right now, there is a lot of buzz about who is going to be playing Indy in the inevitable franchise relaunch. Note that the buzz is not about IF there is going to be a new actor playing Indy, but rather, growing public interest in WHO that new actor will be. If Disney was planning on having Ford as Indy (not just in a bookend role, but as the lead throughout the film,) this speculation would not be nearly as rampant or getting as much public attention. Disney is going to keep the momentum of the rumor mill going, to generate as much interest and hype as possible, and then they will make their big announcement. First the film itself will be announced, and then later, after a few more months of hype builds, they will announce the new Indy actor. Once that happens, there will be a massive hype campaign where they tease the costume, and then finally they will do a big reveal of the new actor in costume, probably a year or so out from the release of the film itself. This is how the modern movie internet hype machine works these days, and Disney is no slouch about this. They know exactly how to get the most out of this system of marketing.
Lambonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #559
Finn
Moderator
 
Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
I hope you understand my humor.
Couldn't find one with pigeons?




A fair warning to the Ford fetishists... if... no, when the film is announced and the new lead along with it, I'll be back quoting the living daylights out of these posts.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #560
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambonius
Yo...Disney is no slouch about this. They know exactly how to get the most out of this system of marketing.

Get out of here, Disney? A Marketing Machine?


chuckle...
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:47 PM   #561
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
A fair warning to the Ford fetishists... if... no, when the film is announced and the new lead along with it, I'll be back quoting the living daylights out of these posts.
Yes, that's going to be fun...
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:19 AM   #562
Túrin Turambar
Guest
 
Túrin Turambar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Planet Earth UK
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
Lucas is to blame though not Harrison. Lucas said since 2008 he was working on a story but really in secret he was doing SW7-9 & selling to Disney. Indy 5 was just his cover story. Then 2 years he moaned about having to please Steven & Harrison storywise....something does not add up to me

Harrison has always been keen Lucas is the real reason its not happened but still some chance for Harrison as Disney have little chance of getting their money back unless Harrison is the lead actor in the entire movie as Harrison is quite literally the franchise the character will never work without Harrison!

You know it...I know it....Spielberg knows it.......Bob Iger knows it

He is I think remember back in 2009, when George says and ford quotes.."he as a Germ of a idea"...and everyone thinks yeah it's happening...then nothing.

Let's face it's when Harry as passed there will be another actor wearing that fedora, it's just business, and Disney need to line there fat pockets, but we will always know who the real Indiana was, won't we....?
Túrin Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #563
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Túrin Turambar
...but we will always know who the real Indiana was, won't we....?

Well, that's true.

http://www.theraider.net/films/crusa...nshots/047.jpg

Last edited by Moedred : 06-15-2015 at 05:54 PM. Reason: fairly wide pic
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:41 PM   #564
IndyForever
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 301
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ash-March.html

Harrison looks great considering his near death escape when his hair has grown back he will usually have the fedora on the whole movie anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Túrin Turambar
He is I think remember back in 2009, when George says and ford quotes.."he as a Germ of a idea"...and everyone thinks yeah it's happening...then nothing.

Let's face it's when Harry as passed there will be another actor wearing that fedora, it's just business, and Disney need to line there fat pockets, but we will always know who the real Indiana was, won't we....?
Don't give up yet kid until Disney recast (I doubt it will be anytime soon) Harrison is the no1 pick if they want Spielberg to direct anything else will be non cannon AFAIC

Last edited by Attila the Professor : 06-08-2015 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Don't double post, please.
IndyForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:05 AM   #565
Túrin Turambar
Guest
 
Túrin Turambar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Planet Earth UK
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ash-March.html

Harrison looks great considering his near death escape when his hair has grown back he will usually have the fedora on the whole movie anyway

Looks as strong as a bear, sad he can't even take a **** without someone following him though.
Túrin Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:06 AM   #566
Gear
IndyFan
 
Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon, U.S.
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
[...] anything else will be non cannon AFAIC

You choose not to hear a tree falling.

I like that. The universe is subjective, after all.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #567
Olliana
IndyFan
 
Olliana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 237
He looks as good or even better in those pics than he did in Skull 7 to 8 years ago. Let him do more Indy if he wants to. It's still not the years, honey. He owns the hat like never before and can be proud of the new scar.
Olliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #568
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan
 
Indy1Jones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fairmont WV
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliana
He looks as good or even better in those pics than he did in Skull 7 to 8 years ago. Let him do more Indy if he wants to. It's still not the years, honey. He owns the hat like never before and can be proud of the new scar.

I say to Disney let him do it he'll own it. And he does look good I agree.
Indy1Jones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #569
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear
You choose not to hear a tree falling.

I like that. The universe is subjective, after all.
"Indiana, let it go."

This thread has clearly become the Ford fundamentalists' last refuge against the onslaught of reality...
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:20 AM   #570
Olliana
IndyFan
 
Olliana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 237
Reality is Ford is still going strong, starring in both Star Wars and Blade Runner. Pratt on the other hand is Hollywood's new sextoy, so it can go either way, really.
Olliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:34 PM   #571
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliana
Reality is Ford is still going strong, starring in both Star Wars and Blade Runner.
What does "starring" mean to you, exactly?

Harry doesn't have the leading role in either of those two movies, and that's a fact.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #572
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan
 
Indy1Jones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fairmont WV
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
What does "starring" mean to you, exactly?

Harry doesn't have the leading role in either of those two movies, and that's a fact.

But he is staring in those movies regardless of his place in the cast even if he a costar the point is that he is still making movies.
Indy1Jones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:30 PM   #573
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1Jones2
But he is staring in those movies regardless of his place in the cast even if he a costar the point is that he is still making movies.
He may have a meaningful role in SW7, but in BR2 he's not likely to get much more than a cameo.
His last lead role was in Skulls, seven years ago.

You are betting he'll get the lead role in Indy 5, I say no way.
Only time will tell, and time is certainly not on Harry's side...
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:32 AM   #574
Túrin Turambar
Guest
 
Túrin Turambar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Planet Earth UK
Posts: 314
Best shape of his life I think.
Túrin Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:39 PM   #575
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan
 
Indy1Jones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fairmont WV
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
He may have a meaningful role in SW7, but in BR2 he's not likely to get much more than a cameo.
His last lead role was in Skulls, seven years ago.

You are betting he'll get the lead role in Indy 5, I say no way.
Only time will tell, and time is certainly not on Harry's side...

Point well said.
Indy1Jones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.