TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 04-20-2017, 01:45 AM   #326
DeclaringTiger
IndyFan

It doesn't seem to be mentioned in this thread but one thing that I noticed was different when watching KotCS was how (and I don't mean this harshly) "forgettable" the soundtrack was compared to the other three films. Don't get me wrong, there are some good pieces of work invested within the movie, but they don't stand out and achieve what the other films did in my opinion.
DeclaringTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #327
seasider
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclaringTiger
It doesn't seem to be mentioned in this thread but one thing that I noticed was different when watching KotCS was how (and I don't mean this harshly) "forgettable" the soundtrack was compared to the other three films. Don't get me wrong, there are some good pieces of work invested within the movie, but they don't stand out and achieve what the other films did in my opinion.

I partially disagree. I find Irinas theme and The Adventures of Mutt theme to be as memorable as themes from Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. I also like the music that plays when Indy has to stare into the eyes of the skull. There are some parts of the soundtrack where it does feel like John Williams is just mailing it in but I think it is a better soundtrack than most fans give it credit for.
seasider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #328
DeclaringTiger
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasider
I partially disagree. I find Irinas theme and The Adventures of Mutt theme to be as memorable as themes from Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. I also like the music that plays when Indy has to stare into the eyes of the skull. There are some parts of the soundtrack where it does feel like John Williams is just mailing it in but I think it is a better soundtrack than most fans give it credit for.

Funny you mention those specific songs, as those are the more favorable pieces IMO along with some others like "Ants!"
I agree that there are pieces just as memorable from the previous films, as I occasionally find myself with little bits of The Jungle Chase/ The Adventures of Mutt stuck in my head.
DeclaringTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:30 AM   #329
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclaringTiger

I agree that Skull's soundtrack is the probably the weakest of the Indy scores, yet there's still a lot to like. The Jungle Chase and The Adventures of Mutt are two of my favorites, along with Spalko's Theme and Ants!. I love the music from the warehouse escape and it's baffling to me why it wasn't included on the soundtrack. I had to rip the audio from the DVD special features, along with the Jungle Chase extended version. Why both weren't included on the main release is anyone's guess.

I also love the little variation of The Raiders March at the finale, which definitely took me by surprise the first time I heard it.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote