Japanese capsule toys

Indy's brother

Well, I did every search that I could think of with no results before posting this. So if these have shown up here before, don't flame me, just close the thread. That said, check these out:

a3fb_indiana_jones_mini_figures.jpg

a3fb_indiana_jones_mini_figures_scan.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/japanfan/a3fb/

And every artifact in keychain size:
a304_indiana_jones_capsule_toys.jpg

a304_indiana_jones_capsule_toys_scan.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/japanfan/a304/
I especially like the inclusion of the remains of Nurhachi, and the FAQ's at the bottom of the page are pretty funny.

DocWhiskey

My friend got the lil Henry Jones Sr. for his Birthday. The detail is great for how extraordinarily tiny they are.

Goonie

How big are these? I see there is a coin by them. Is that a quarter?

I like how other companies are successful in selling stuff, but Hasbro can't.

Lance Quazar

Goonie said:
How big are these? I see there is a coin by them. Is that a quarter?

I like how other companies are successful in selling stuff, but Hasbro can't.

It is a quarter, so they look very tiny. The length of the ark looks like less than the size of two quarters, so only a couple of inches.

The Magic Rat

I have some of them. Yeah, they're awfully tiny and some are unimpressive, but others are pretty neat. The problem is that it's all by chance and you probably won't get what you want! But if you want to order, go right ahead.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
I ordered 8 capsules from ThinkGeek.com after Ed Dolista told me about them on the Indy-Cast Holiday podcast -- they were only 1.99 each and I got 7 out of 8 -- no voodoo doll, but a double skull. They are selected at random -- so I was lucky to get so many without a lot of doubles. They came in about 2 days.

They are the perfect size for accessories for the 12" Indiana Jone s- Sideshow or even Hasbro.

mfisher

I just ordered 10 of the keychains and 4 of the figures... will post what I get when they come in.. figured if anyone else on here is collecting these we may do some trading ??

Indy's brother

mfisher said:
I just ordered 10 of the keychains and 4 of the figures... will post what I get when they come in.. figured if anyone else on here is collecting these we may do some trading ??

Great idea, MFisher! As long as the mods don't care, and I don't see why they would.

Indy~Annie

awwwww!! i would love to just have one but i dont know how to order things...sooo...but i love the chibi Indy!!!! where he's blushing.very cute.

I already love the Anime,Chibi and manga stuff......I even draw them now! The Japanese are brilliant!:D I Love to learn anything I can about them!

Its to bad you cant order which toy you want.:( oh well...

Perhilion

How's the key-chain quality? I saw these a while ago and I wanted to get them, but the picture I saw made the artifacts look pretty shoddy.

metalinvader

Perhilion said:
How's the key-chain quality? I saw these a while ago and I wanted to get them, but the picture I saw made the artifacts look pretty shoddy.

The quality is pretty good.I'd say,Same as the Hasbro relics.Maybe I tad bit better.

The three I managed to snag a while back are the Head Piece,Sankara Stone and the Grail.

UIMJ

Those are pretty neat! I like them more than the Mighty Muggz because they are smaller. I'm really losing my flame for larger collectibles and toys (i.e. the Marvel Legends line - it's great, but they are just to big and cumbersome to keep buying and displaying).

The keychains artifacts are pretty cool too!

mfisher

mine have not come in yet.. but those who have the headpiece, how does it it size up for 1/6 figures ??

metalinvader

Sorry 'bout the double post but it was to late to edit my previous post.

Mfisher,Here is the SS Indy with the capsule headpiece.

Picture001-2.jpg

and here are the capsule toys I have compared to the Hasbro relics.

Picture002-2.jpg

UIMJ said:
Those are pretty neat! I like them more than the Mighty Muggz because they are smaller. I'm really losing my flame for larger collectibles and toys (i.e. the Marvel Legends line - it's great, but they are just to big and cumbersome to keep buying and displaying).

The keychains artifacts are pretty cool too!

They are cool - but they aren't keychains. They're cell phone straps. Of course nothing is stopping you from using them as keychains :D