which actor looks like HF?

Montana_Jones

Even though I've never seen Firefly or Serenity, except from the publicity stills, TV spots and occasional other bits, I'd say Nathan Fillion would make a perfect young Indy. Being that if they ever decided to adapt the Bantam books into a new television series or a follow-up series to The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.
Probably they could first adapt Peril at Delphi and Dance of the Giants into a two-part full mini-series for each one and see how it does from there. Just an idea.;)

Canyon

AntiJones said:
Throwing in another suggestion: Joe Flanigan. I Haven't seen how he acted in Stargate Atlantis so can't tell how he can handle indy's character but he does look a bit like HF in younger days:
joe-flanigan1.jpg
joe-flanigan.jpg

Here's a pict that i think he looks quite like HF

http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/interviews/reece_thompson_03_big.jpg

I agree.

I'm currently on the fourth season of Atlantis and I have to say that Joe not only looks like Harrison, but he also has the same mannerisms. ;)

The Man

Why would anyone want to see an Indiana Jones movie without Indiana Jones, which is essentially what you're all considering. Close this thread before your collective sacrelige smites us all down. FOR SHAME...(n)

sarah navarro

IndyFan89 said:
If they do make one without Harrison they should get his son willard to play Indy.
Thats the one that looks exactly like him,
oh someone posted this video before of him and his son at a boxing match on youtube but i cant find it

HFFan

sarah navarro said:
Thats the one that looks exactly like him,
oh someone posted this video before of him and his son at a boxing match on youtube but i cant find it

Here is the photo of Harrison and his son, Willard, from the boxing match:

And here is another recent one of Willard.

(Both photos are courtesy of harrisonfordweb)

IMO, Wil really looks like Harrison in profile, but not near as much from straight on. He's also quite a bit shorter and smaller than Harrison.

deckard24

HFFan said:

And here is another recent one of Willard.

(Both photos are courtesy of harrisonfordweb)

IMO, Will really looks like Harrison in profile, but not near as much from straight on. He's also quite a bit shorter and smaller than Harrison.
There's definitely a strong resemblance with Willard in profile, not really from the front though.The guy standing with him looks like the actor Peter Sarsgard, that was in K19: The Widowmaker with Ford.

barranca

The more I give this thought the more wrong it seems to cast anyone else as Indy. There have been similar threads recently discussing this, no one amongst us has come up with anyone who could step into Indy's Aldens.
The only way I see a recast as possible is to fill the gap in Indy's Twenties, and go for a completely unknown actor. Someone with no baggage from previous projects.
I also sincerely hope ( as do many others here ) that they dont try to reboot the franchise with Shia as ''Indiana Jnr'', It chills me to the bone. I do think that may be the Bearded ones intention though.
I know the mans worth Billiions!! and he gave us SO much in one way, but he also took nearly as much away.
Lets face it the man has only ever had 4 good filmic Ideas in his whole life, THX, Graffiti, Star Wars & Indy.
If Mutt were to get Serialised it could have elements of Graffiti and Indy, & that makes me shudder.
What next I wonder THX1139?
Why dosent he sit down scratch that ample chin(s) of his and come up with something new, Or pay one of his minions to do it for him.
Can you imagine the floods of Ideas that must have crossed his desk over the years?

deckard24

barranca said:
The more I give this thought the more wrong it seems to cast anyone else as Indy. There have been similar threads recently discussing this, no one amongst us has come up with anyone who could step into Indy's Aldens.
The only way I see a recast as possible is to fill the gap in Indy's Twenties, and go for a completely unknown actor. Someone with no baggage from previous projects.
I also sincerely hope ( as do many others here ) that they dont try to reboot the franchise with Shia as ''Indiana Jnr'', It chills me to the bone. I do think that may be the Bearded ones intention though.
I know the mans worth Billiions!! and he gave us SO much in one way, but he also took nearly as much away.
Lets face it the man has only ever had 4 good filmic Ideas in his whole life, THX, Graffiti, Star Wars & Indy.
If Mutt were to get Serialised it could have elements of Graffiti and Indy, & that makes me shudder.
What next I wonder THX1139?
Why dosent he sit down scratch that ample chin(s) of his and come up with something new, Or pay one of his minions to do it for him.
Can you imagine the floods of Ideas that must have crossed his desk over the years?
I'm with you Barranca! The only one I can come up with is Gerard Butler, and I'm not 100% convinced on him either. I personally would prefer adult Indy to remain Ford, and have that be that. A younger Indy in his early 20's is a possibility, but a Shia spin-off, no thanks!! I can't think of a single young actor who would satisfy, and that's enough of a reason for me to want the series to end with Ford. No reboots, no prequels, no tinkering...let the series end gracefully! It did already once, please Lucas don't take Indy down the Star Wars route!!

So as not to have anyone in an uproar, I'm very grateful for Lucas' contributions to film, and his creation of the Star Wars and Indy universes had a profound affect on my childhood. But like you're saying Barranca, his constant revising and tinkering, not to mention his going back to explain a story not necessarliy needing to be told, has taken away a lot from what he's given. Let's hope Lucas is serious about his Red Tails project, and he can finally get away from all his old creations. Enough is enough George!

sarah navarro

HFFan said:

WOAH !In profile they look exactly the same!Willard looks just like Harrison in Bladerunner and Presumed Innocent.Can you get another frontal one?I swear in that video they both turn and its like 2 Harrisons.

HFFan

sarah navarro said:
WOAH !In profile they look exactly the same!Willard looks just like Harrison in Bladerunner and Presumed Innocent.Can you get another frontal one?I swear in that video they both turn and its like 2 Harrisons.

Here's 2 more from the front view. The first one is fairly recent, the second one is from 2003.

IndyCon

Here's who I think would be a good Indiana Jones, his name is Jensen Ackles.

jensen-ackles1.jpg

JensenAckles49.jpg

He's not a clone of Harrison in appearance but if you've seen Supernatural his TV series then you know he has the ability to play Indy.