New Indy 4 images from Monopoly

SterankoII

I don't think it's supposed to be witty or get a laugh. I think of it being said in a more poignant moment. Like Indy reflecting on his life or something.

spiralout

Darth Vile said:
tnswman,

Thanks for sharing these. "Doom Town" sounds like first confirmation that the atom bomb testing scene from the early script is indeed in the movie.

Also, we all knew it would be in "It's not the mileage, it's the years"... obvious but great : )

Good observation! I agree.

The Man

If the movie does go ****-up with fans, the one who could draw most ire is in fact one David Koepp. Did he write this or merely type it? These Saucer Men possibilities are depressing.

oki9Sedo

It certainly does appear a fully-built 1950s town for atomic testing will feature in the film.

As for the "Its not the mileage, honey, its the years" line, depending on how its said and in what context, I can live with it.

Indyologist

Oooh, they ARE going to have an Indy Monopoly set-- freakin' sweet! It looks great, except for how they screwed up a MAJOR Raiders line-- "It's not the mileage, it's the years..." (n)

spiralout

Indyologist said:
Oooh, they ARE going to have an Indy Monopoly set-- freakin' sweet! It looks great, except for how they screwed up a MAJOR Raiders line-- "It's not the mileage, it's the years..." (n)

It's a new line from the new movie.

Adamwankenobi

If this line was kept, let's hope a lot of other Darabont dialogue made it into the film. I say this because he was one of the primary writers for YIJC, so I would expect him to have included some YIJC references in his "rejected" script.

But it's not that I like the reworked line. I think it's very lame and was put in there primarily due to Darabont's/Koepp's nostalgia. It's the kind of reference I hoped this film would avoid.

commontone

tnswman said:
Really, what a trivial thing to find fault with when it is ABSOLUTLY in character for Indy.

Oh, knock it off.

I don't like the line. I disagree with you. Depending on how it's done, I'll probably be able to live with it. I'm really looking forward to the movie.

Moving on...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I can't believe it. Another frigging element of SMFM. I hoping there's no fridge... Other than that, I'm cool with it. The one liner is kind of expected and wouldn't be surprised if he says it to Marion. I just realised.... THERE'S A FRIDGE!

IndyFan89

I hate people that always nay say this movie. Why be a Indy fan? Where these same people around when Temple and LC came out? Saying how they hat short round or how Indy shouldn't have a dad?

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Haha.

I may not be in the most sober condition right now...so that might contribute to the unstoppable giggling I'm going through at the moment. First it was just the thread title ... that generated some "this is getting so silly" laughter...then I saw that mileage picture and cheered at the sight of old and weary Indy ...until .....I saw....the fridge and my giggling turned into "I can't believe that they really did this" laughter.

Really? I mean ...there's a ****ing fridge there. Don't toy with us marketing or merchandizing guys! I see that fridge and thanks to moedred -and Jeb Stuart to be fair- (Hey, who knew that this crappy script one day would become spoilerish material!) I've got only one painful conclusion.

Anyway...somehow I don't want to give up all hope regarding that fridge scene and the mileage line. I feel like not liking it in advance may just be too much pressure.
Maybe I should watch KOTCS drunk so that some of my optimism remains throughout the movie.