Should there be a prequel............

AntiJones

We know that Indy 4 , like it or not is going to be made and it definitely will be a Box Office success. Anticipating this success and supposing that Spielberg and Lucas like the idea of continue making Indy movies - in this case prequels : will you watch it? Whom do you think can play younger Indy well? Me, for once think that Joe Flanigan looks quite like HF when he is young. (Check it out at
http://www.joeflanigan.com/Jfdc_photos_Shadow.htm).

charlie_k

No Indy prequels! Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. Lucas´s prequels suck. Ewan McGregor is really good as young Obi-wan Kenobi, but I don´t actor who is that coll like Harrison Ford was in 80´s :D . My 2 cents

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
*bump*

AJ had some interesting points here. Should or could there be a prequel to the films?

IndyBuff

Prequels seem to be quite the trend in Hollywood right now but I don't think there should be any for Indiana Jones. The Young Indy series did a good job of covering all of that and so did the books. They work well in some movies but I think a prequel would be unnecessary in Indy's case.

I don't think prequels are such a good idea since we have YIJC already.
Besides, Harrison IS Indy. I just don't wanna see anybody else take that role from him. Let him do Indy4 and then leave it alone.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Only if it's better than the TV series... And yes, you guessed what I'm going to say.....
As long as there's ABNER AND MARION!!!!

Chris Jones

charlie_k said:
No Indy prequels! Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. Lucas´s prequels suck. Ewan McGregor is really good as young Obi-wan Kenobi, but I don´t actor who is that coll like Harrison Ford was in 80´s :D . My 2 cents
I agree. There is no other Indy, but Harrison.

ROSLEE

CMNeir said:
I agree. There is no other Indy, but Harrison.

haha I totally agree with you 100%. No one could ever top Harrison ford as Indy. I also agree with you charlie. :)

-R-

darthsidious42

charlie_k said:

THe Star Wars prequels kicked ASS!!

Grizzlor

Technically I would be up for it or some kind of spinoff, because I think the Indiana Jones concept is so great. But Harrison Ford is Indy, and that's the way it should stay. I would rather see a similar adventure film. Tomb Raider was boring, and the Mummy was good but too fancifull.

Cammy

If there is going to be a prequel, I would prefer it in comic form. That way, we get the additional information with the look of a young Harrison Ford. I like reading prequels for things in comics anyway.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Agreed. Besides, lucas sucks at making prequels,just look at the new SW and there already are the suppoedly prequel tv series, YIJC.

Grizzlor

Violet Indy said:
Agreed. Besides, lucas sucks at making prequels,just look at the new SW and there already are the suppoedly prequel tv series, YIJC.

Lucas is not a bad filmmaker, but he has no one to watch over him. Since he owns LucasFilms, it pretty much gave him free reign as to what to do on projects. That is never the best approach, not having a second set of eyes to have input from. But at least Young Indy and SW prequels were both maligned and acclaimed. His 1980's stab at Children's theater with the Ewoks and Willow was an absolute disaster.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'm not saying he's bad. Just the original films in comparison to their modern day prequels. I did like YIJC, but there wasn't much action at all and Young Indy was too innocent to be believed as the Indiana Jones we see in the trilogy and I did like Episode 3 but the effects and production design is far more advanced and sophiscated compared to the originals. which makes it difficult to believe that it is a prequel.