Abner Ravenwood?

The Man

Hurt didn't confirm ANYTHING in last night's interview, so maybe calling him Abner at this stage is presumptious.

mapso

The Man said:
Hurt didn't confirm ANYTHING in last night's interview, so maybe calling him Abner at this stage is presumptious.

Did you see the interview? Was it interesting? I moved to the US a while ago and don't get BBC America so didn't get a chance. I was hoping he might at least slip a couple of spoilers out...

MattJones

spiralout said:
They probably go to IMDB for their source, which still lists John Hurt as Abner.

That was my assumption as well... The way the article mentioned it made it seem very nonchalant, as if this character was common knowledge.

So, if I may add a little "mythbusting" to my original post, I'd say that the source isn't quite that credible.

The Man

mapso said:
Did you see the interview? Was it interesting? I moved to the US a while ago and don't get BBC America so didn't get a chance. I was hoping he might at least slip a couple of spoilers out...

Hurt was there to talk about "The Oxford Murders" but he did stray - slightly - onto Indy. He said he couldn't talk about it for fear of being sued by Lucas. He hasn't seen it yet either. When he was called back to loop his lines, they had a screwed-up black and white print running, so he couldn't make anything out. He will be in Cannes with the rest of the team on the 18th. He was very complimentary about Harrison. That's it - that's all he said.

Hedwig

The Man said:
Hurt was there to talk about "The Oxford Murders" but he did stray - slightly - onto Indy. He said he couldn't talk about it for fear of being sued by Lucas. He hasn't seen it yet either. When he was called back to loop his lines, they had a screwed-up black and white print running, so he couldn't make anything out. He will be in Cannes with the rest of the team on the 18th. He was very complimentary about Harrison. That's it - that's all he said.
That's all? I have to admit: I'm a bit disappointed... I was hoping that there would be some spolerish stuff about KOTCS, but no.... I guess I'll have to wait until someone (maybe Harrison?) goes (if goes) to Late Night with Conan O'Brien and it won't probably happen for a looong time...

Dr Jones

I'm loving these rumours abound, it's making the suspense all the more exciting!

I don't know what or who to believe, and I'm really impressed with how little has leaked to ruin the movie for anyone not wanting to know.

I'm eager for any official news that comes our way...so I hope we get a bit more soon!

The Man

LaBeouf seems to be the only one at this stage permitted to reveal anything, so we may have to wait for him to speak next...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Guys, he didn't mean to have the picture he did. It was what the site he was linking from displayed because they didn't want him using their photos. I've once inadvertently posted a swastika along the same lines.

Heh, you got lucky, metalinvader. I didn't think that seemed like you.

metalinvader

What my original post was supposed to be...

tinfoil-hat.jpg

isaac_z

Attila the Professor said:
Guys, he didn't mean to have the picture he did. It was what the site he was linking from displayed because they didn't want him using their photos. I've once inadvertently posted a swastika along the same lines.

Heh, you got lucky, metalinvader. I didn't think that seemed like you.

fair enough... glad to see it wasn't you, metalinvader!