Angry Video Game Nerd - Indiana Jones edition

metalinvader

Confirmed at the very end of his newest video.

I've been waiting for him to tackle some of those terrible LC Adventure games for a while now.This is going to be great!

A_True_Believer

This will be worth it just to see the Atari 2600 version of Raiders of the Lost Ark. You know he has to do that one.

Actually, which ones will he likely cover? Here are my thoughts:

Raiders of the Lost Ark - Atari 2600
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - NES
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Genesis/NES
Young Indiana Jones - Genesis
Indiana Jones: His Greatest Adventures - SNES

I tried to stay with consoles that were pre-Playstation (so no Atlantis, Infernal Machine or Emperor's Tomb). Am I missing any?

A_True_Believer said:
This will be worth it just to see the Atari 2600 version of Raiders of the Lost Ark. You know he has to do that one.

Actually, which ones will he likely cover? Here are my thoughts:

Raiders of the Lost Ark - Atari 2600
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - NES
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Genesis/NES
Young Indiana Jones - Genesis
Indiana Jones: His Greatest Adventures - SNES

I tried to stay with consoles that were pre-Playstation (so no Atlantis, Infernal Machine or Emperor's Tomb). Am I missing any?

But he has been reviewing more recent games lately. He's touched a few things (Independence Day) on the Playstation and Saturn. I wouldn't put FOA completely out of the question.

...though he's never, so far as I remember, reviewed a PC game. Damn shame that Sega CD version of FOA got canned...

Oh and I hope he does both the Taito and UBiSoft versions of Last Crusade. And I also hope he does the NES Young Indy game...

metalinvader

Heh.I just noticed my typo in my OP.I called the LC Action games the Adventure games.Scratch that,The Adventure game is fantastc.

Anyways,I really hope he covers Instruments of Chaos.You know damn well what his reaction will be towards the water level.

'Instruments of ****!"

I'm willing to bet he either does one or both of the home console versions of IM.That GBA version was absolutely garbage.

Last edited:

Indy Jones

Tatio's NES LC game is actually very good.

ROTLA for the 2600 is confusing, but good.

the SNES Indy is good.

If he picks on any of those, I know he's insane. Actually, I knew that a long time ago, since he hates the masterpiece that is Castlevania 2.

Indy Jones said:
Tatio's NES LC game is actually very good.

ROTLA for the 2600 is confusing, but good.

the SNES Indy is good.

If he picks on any of those, I know he's insane. Actually, I knew that a long time ago, since he hates the masterpiece that is Castlevania 2.

He doesn't just review games that he hates.

And are you joking about the Tatio game? Meh. It's such a throw-away experience. Both LCs are.

Nurhachi1991

No I liked TOD as a kid except for the part where you had to find a secret entrance.......... It was total BS I could never find the door

Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures on the SNES was the best Indy game of all time in my book

I know no one will agree.......

A_True_Believer

Nurhachi1991 said:
Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures on the SNES was the best Indy game of all time in my book

I know no one will agree.......

I agree...to a point. The first two movies from that game are great. For the longest time I couldn't get past the mine cart stage in TOD. Then one day I watched a speed-run of the entire game on YouTube. It turned out that the Last Crusade levels looked downright dull and repetitive. The final stage was a joke: it was nearly identical to the first stage, just with the hovitos replaced by Nazis! It had nothing to do with the three trials! I couldn't believe it. And the final boss was Donovan....a decomposing, zombie Donovan with extendable claws. W....T....F....

Needless to say, I decided that I didn't have to finish the game.

Indy Jones

ResidentAlien said:
And are you joking about the Tatio game? Meh. It's such a throw-away experience. Both LCs are.

Branching paths, options. Arcade variety in the levels and integration of memorization of the Grail image from the diary (which changes each game). It's as fully featured as the graphic adventure but has the action of the action game. It plays a bit clunky in the action stages, but it has great music and graphics and intelligently adapts the film and expands on it in some ways. It's everything you could ask for in a video game adaptation.

It's a throwaway experience to you. Not to me.

Indy Jones said:
Branching paths, options. Arcade variety in the levels and integration of memorization of the Grail image from the diary (which changes each game). It's as fully featured as the graphic adventure but has the action of the action game. It plays a bit clunky in the action stages, but it has great music and graphics and intelligently adapts the film and expands on it in some ways. It's everything you could ask for in a video game adaptation.

It's a throwaway experience to you. Not to me.

If a "re-arrange the image" puzzle is your idea of fully-featured...

Indy Jones

ResidentAlien said:
If a "re-arrange the image" puzzle is your idea of fully-featured...

:rolleyes: There's a lot more to it than that. But I'm not interested in arguing with you, since I've seen how beligerent you are with other posters who don't agree with you.