San Diego Comic-Con 2015

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Exhibitor Lucasfilm is at booth 2913, near the middle. There's a Lucasfilm panel Friday, 5:30-6:30pm in Hall H where Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, Lawrence Kasdan, and special guests will discuss Star Wars 7. Highlights:
Thursday July 9, 2015 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Science Channel: Raiders, Raptors, and Rebels: Behind the Magic of ILM
Fans will get to see exclusive clips and receive unprecedented access behind the scenes at Industrial Light and Magic, as science and creativity give birth to some of today's top films. The secrets behind Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and many more will be revealed during this once-in-a-lifetime panel. Join Science Channel as they celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Industrial Light and Magic at this year's Comic-Con like no one else can. Surprise guests and exclusive footage along with a very special prize will be given away at this VIP experience where the science behind the movies is unveiled for the first time ever.

Friday July 10, 2015 10:00am - 12:00am
Star Wars Publishing 2015
A dynamic, all-star New York Times bestselling panel of authors including Alexandra Bracken (the Darkest Minds series), Adam Gidwitz (A Tale Dark and Grim series), Tom Angleberger (The Origami Yoda series), and Tony Diterlizzi (The Spiderwick Chronicles series) converse with Lucasfilm's Mike Siglain about the new Star Wars retellings for a younger generation of fans. From picture books to novels, these authors present A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi in all new ways. The panelists will provide new perspectives that will change the way readers understand who these beloved characters are and how they became the legends for legions of fans.

Friday July 10, 2015 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Hasbro: Star Wars
Join members of the Hasbro and Lucasfilm teams as they discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars line. Attendees will get an in-depth look at Hasbro's latest action figure offerings. Word on the Holonet is there may also be a few surprises, including a special product reveal.

Friday July 10, 2015 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Star Wars: Collectibles Update with Lucasfilm's Anita Castellar
Join eFX, Gentle Giant Studios, Kotobukiya, and Sideshow Collectibles for product development insights and exclusive previews of the latest in Star Wars collectibles. Joining this panel will be Anita Castellar, a self-professed Star Wars fangirl who manages licensing for hardlines categories at Lucasfilm, such as toys, collectibles, consumer electronics, automotive, and more.

Friday July 10, 2015 5:00pm - 6:00pm
The Power of Superfandom
A new age has dawned! The days of geeks on the fringe are ancient history, and a new breed of enthusiast has risen to rule the pop culture kingdom: the superfan. Renowned in fandom far and wide for their authentic expertise, superfans wear their obsession excitedly on their sleeve. Their passion is their collective power, leading cultural conversations and influencing entertainment trends. For a few days at SDCC, all eyes are fixed on the stuff that superfans live and breathe: comics, movies, TV shows, and more. Panelists talk about what makes a true superfan and dissect the superfan domination of mainstream media. You might even learn how the power of the superfan can help turn your obsession into an awesome career. Moderated by Eric Moro (Wikia's VP of Programming), panelists include superfans from Wookieepedia and the Marvel Database, Leland Chee (Lucasfilm Story Group), Gary Whitta (screenwriter, Star Wars: Rogue One), Chris Wyatt (Marvel Animation), Kevin Burke (Marvel Animation) and Scott Allie (editor in chief, Dark Horse Comics).

Friday July 10, 2015 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Lucasfilm
Lucasfilm president and producer Kathleen Kennedy, director J.J. Abrams, writer Lawrence Kasdan, and special guests provide a special look at Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Saturday July 11, 2015 8:30pm - 9:30pm
Indyfans: The World of Indiana Jones
The Man with the Hat is back for a special late-night installment of this popular panel. Brandon Kleyla (director, Indyfans) and guests discuss the 20th anniversary of the Indiana Jones adventure, as well as other news in the world of Indy. Grab your fedora and join us for another action packed year.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Comic-Con could possibly use a new copy editor. That should be Indiana Jones <I>A</I>dventure at the end there, in reference to the Disneyland attraction. (Kleyla's an Imagineer.)

Lance Quazar

I'll be at Comic Con Saturday but there's no way I'm going to an 8:30pm panel.

I expect to be two sheets to the wind by then, well on my way to a third.

And, seriously, what do they even talk about at an Indy Fans panel??

TheFedora

Lance Quazar said:
I'll be at Comic Con Saturday but there's no way I'm going to an 8:30pm panel.

I expect to be two sheets to the wind by then, well on my way to a third.

And, seriously, what do they even talk about at an Indy Fans panel??
Im going to be at comic con all four days. Going to Lucas film panel for the bts about SW7 since apparently no trailer for it this con...but yeah, I doubt that the Lucasfilm panel will be anything besides star wars...not holding my breath.

Might try for the ILM panel, but thursday is the floor day so I may be too busy walking for five hours the length of the floor before I get in line the night before trying to get into the Lucasfilm one.

Chances of any new Indy news besides the fan panel...0 percent sadly.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
TheFedora said:
Chances of any new Indy news besides the fan panel...0 percent sadly.
If nothing is revealed, there's still the biennial D23 Expo August 14–16 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

TheFedora

Moedred said:
If nothing is revealed, there's still the biennial D23 Expo August 14?16 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Forgot about D23! Yeah, I heard Marvel is also sitting comic con out, so yeah.

Marvel and SW will be big at D23, but I really hope Indy gets some love.

Also going on an archaeology field school this summer and by sheer coincidence I get back on Aug 14th, so I'll be checking the internet to see what's announced there. Indy might have some announcements I think, if all these Indy theme park renovations recently (The hangar bar, + the rumors of Adventure going to orlando as well) may be an indication of some future plans.