SNES Indy Game

Eric Solo

I just got my SNES game from an eBay seller. MAN, that rolling boulder level is a sum*****! Does it ever END?!?!?!?.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I love this game. I've gotten as far as the Well of Souls. I can't get any further. Does any one have any cheats? You know those passwords to other levels. I'm sick of playing the Raiders levels! I want to get on to other ones. I'm a pretty pathetic gamer, so please someone help!!!

James

This was always my favorite Indy game, even though most fans preferred Fate of Atlantis. My only disappointment was that the Crusade portion didn't begin with Indy fighting onboard the boat.

I do remember the boulder level seeming to go on forever...but just wait until you reach the final boss of the game! It's as though they suddenly ramp up the difficulty for no real reason. (It always reminded me of the NES Batman game, where the Joker fight was suddenly incredibly difficult.)

Fortunately, the game also has some really good Game Genie cheats (in addition to the level passwords):

http://www.gamewinners.com/gamegenie.php?game=blsindianajonesgreatestadventures.htm

If you're playing on a SNES and don't have a Game Genie, you can also use the codes on most SNES emulators. You can download those for free online.

indy_123

This was my first Snes game and it's fun. Sure it's very long, and it might take about 3 days or more but it is a great game.

http://retrousb.com/index.php?categoryID=79

This is love. Yes, I do own the actual game for the SNES... as well as every single ROM file for my pc. ;) Any rate... if you don't have an SNES *cough* this thing could come in handy. $28 after shipping and plus you can snag a controller on ebay uber cheap. I love mine. Got it a few weeks ago and have been emulating religiously... It's great mainly cause I hate having to take my SNES and NES to the dorm with me--takes up too much room.... but I love killing some time on my favorite classics.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, I've had my SNES since I was nine and got it for Christmas! It's still in perfect working order with the original controllers and games. My brother has had his PS2 since 2004 and we have bought new controllers three times since. You simply can't beat a good deal like the SNES.

Violet Indy said:
Well, I've had my SNES since I was nine and got it for Christmas! It's still in perfect working order with the original controllers and games. My brother has had his PS2 since 2004 and we have bought new controllers three times since. You simply can't beat a good deal like the SNES.

Oh yeah, definitely. And my NES too still works pretty well... though it gives me some trouble, but the thing is over 20 years old! It's nice to be able to play ROMs not only because they're more convenient than the systems but also because you don't have to worry about wearing out the old systems... they aren't making more of them. Best to keep 'em working as long as you can.