The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles

Flannery10

DIrishB said:
Sean Patrick Flannery/Young Indy did the bookends for the original Travels with Father, right? Was anything cut or left out from the Adventures version over the original Chronicles version?

The whole Sean Patrick Flanery bookends for Travels with Father were cut, expanded and are now the 2nd half of Winds of Change. I'm pretty sure, though that Lucas cut out some of the stuff and I would really like to see how the bookends were interconnected with the Corey Carrier parts.

DIrishB

Flannery10 said:
The whole Sean Patrick Flanery bookends for Travels with Father were cut, expanded and are now the 2nd half of Winds of Change. I'm pretty sure, though that Lucas cut out some of the stuff and I would really like to see how the bookends were interconnected with the Corey Carrier parts.

Agreed. If there are any major portions of the Travels With Father bookends that were cut, I'll add it to the timeline. But as it stands now, I'm ommitting it since it would be redundant with the existing Adventure of YIJ Travels with Father and Winds of Change movies.

Flannery10

DIrishB said:
Agreed. If there are any major portions of the Travels With Father bookends that were cut, I'll add it to the timeline. But as it stands now, I'm ommitting it since it would be redundant with the existing Adventure of YIJ Travels with Father and Winds of Change movies.

I don't think that the bookends and the 2nd half of Winds of Change really contradict each other, but some scenes are missing. There's a thread: Scenes cut for VHS/DVD release, in which Stoo has posted some pics of the scenes that were cut.

Nurhachi1991

Flannery10 said:
No, I'm afraid you can't download youTube videos. That's especially due to the fact, that they don't want you downloading music videos from there for free.

You forgot the George Hall bookends for the Florence episode, but I don't think Stoo has that one complete. By the way, are you planning to upload the original Travels with Father bookends on youTube, Stoo?

you can download youtube videos very easily.........

Flannery10

Nurhachi1991 said:

Really? I've never heard that before, but please tell me how you do it. It's something I've been trying to find out for some time now.

DIrishB

Flannery10 said:
I don't think that the bookends and the 2nd half of Winds of Change really contradict each other, but some scenes are missing. There's a thread: Scenes cut for VHS/DVD release, in which Stoo has posted some pics of the scenes that were cut.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Nurhachi1991 said:

If its so easy, please share with us how you do it. I tried for 15 minutes before just assuming it wasn't allowed.

Junior Jones

I wouldn't say it's easy, but it can be done. It involves copying files from the "temporary internet files" folder and converting them to usable formats. The conversion software I use was free, but it only works about half the time, so hopefully someone else can provide an easier, more reliable way to do it.

Flannery10

Junior Jones said:
I wouldn't say it's easy, but it can be done. It involves copying files from the "temporary internet files" folder and converting them to usable formats. The conversion software I use was free, but it only works about half the time, so hopefully someone else can provide an easier, more reliable way to do it.

You're right, JuniorJones, that doesn't sound too easy. I'd be really surprised if you could download stuff from youTube so easy, because of all the copyrighted music videos on there.

Stoo

Flannery10 said:
Great to see you back at this thread, Stoo. I hope you had a great summer by the way (by that I mean all of my fellow Raveners.)

Great. If you need some help with the translations from German to English, I'd love to help you. I've been wanting to see those bookends for some time now.

You forgot the George Hall bookends for the Florence episode, but I don't think Stoo has that one complete. By the way, are you planning to upload the original Travels with Father bookends on youTube, Stoo?
Yes, I had an amazing summer. Hope you did, too!:D Well, all problems solved as, just TODAY, I received my "missing parts"
in the mail. Now, I have the complete, English versions of the Florence, Transylvania and Scandal bookends! YEAH!(y)
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to you-know-who! I am a happy man right now.

As for the "Travels With Father" bookends, I will put up those (and other cut stuff) but only after Old Indy is finished.
Now, I have everything needed to finish off The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles!

DIrishB said:
So just re-watched all the Old Indy Chronicles courtesy of Stoo. From what I can gather, those first six videos cover about the first half of the Old Indy bookends. And timeline wise, seems most of the bookends are dated at the time they aired (down to the month and year), at least so far. Are those dates official, or did you add them Stoo? I only ask because I notice not all the episodes had dates at the beginning. Looking forward to the rest of them!
Here's a re-post for you from back on page 9:
These locations & dates are new. I created them to match the original title cards
(which I elminated) since these are the stories of Indy in the '90s. Where it says
"Trenton, September 1992" used to read "Austria, March 1917". The other titles
were dropped to suggest that the mailbox/donut shop/jail all take place in Trenton.

The chronology and dates follow the the original broadcasts and the grouping of some
bookends into chapters comes from how well they fit together logically. Which is why,
for instance, "Philadelphia, October 1992" (Barcelona) is a stand-alone chapter.
The locations are educated guesses based on clues provided within each pair.
(In retrospect, I wish I'd been more precise on Parts 1 & 2!)

The 2 difficult ones will be "Transylvania" & "Peking" since Hallowe'en & Thanksgiving
don't jive with the airdates!:eek:

Flannery10 said:
Check out Page 4, posts 50 & 53. Scenes Cut From VHS/DVD films
Nothing contradicts the timeline but Indy's arrival in NYC is different.

Flannery10

Stoo said:
Yes, I had an amazing summer. Hope you did, too!

Oh yeah! I've been to New Orleans, great city with some great jazz tunes. They really recovered since Hurricane Katrina in 2005. And I visited Germany, my home country, during the Europe Cup, since those guys love soccer and it's more enjoyable to watch soccer over there than here in the states.

As for the "Travels With Father" bookends, I will put up those (and other cut stuff) but only after Old Indy is finished.
Now, I have everything needed to finish off The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles!

Well, I assumed you would put them up, because the opening you used says: Starring Sean Patrick Flanery and George Hall as "Old Indy". Therefore I thought you'd upload the Flanery bookends, too.

I'm also glad to hear that you aqquired the bookends you still needed and hope to see Part 7 up, soon. Wanna give us a hint when to expect them? :D :hat:

ReggieSnake

Wow I haven't been on in a while, still working my way though the chronicles because I had to leave them at home when I came to college; wouldn't fit in the suitcase.(n)

On the topic of downloading youtube videos: couldn't be easier. Just like fommes said, download the Firefox browser and look up and install the DownloadHelper application. Then you just go to the page of the video you want to download and you're just one click away from having a flv file which can be played using RealPlayer. I think there is a way to convert them to other video files using Downloadhelper but I've never tried.

DIrishB

fommes said:
Actually, it's very easy. Use Firefox rather than IE, and install Downloadhelper.

ReggieSnake said:
Wow I haven't been on in a while, still working my way though the chronicles because I had to leave them at home when I came to college; wouldn't fit in the suitcase.(n)

On the topic of downloading youtube videos: couldn't be easier. Just like fommes said, download the Firefox browser and look up and install the DownloadHelper application. Then you just go to the page of the video you want to download and you're just one click away from having a flv file which can be played using RealPlayer. I think there is a way to convert them to other video files using Downloadhelper but I've never tried.

Excellent! Thanks, guys!

Flannery10

I'm still having trouble, downloading the files. I'm afriad I'm not too good, when it comes to that kind of stuff.

I have Firefox installed and also managed to download the Downloadhelper. Now, when I'm on the site of the video, I click the the icon on my task bar and have two options, and I pick the one with the flv at the end. The problem is, once it's downloaded I can't play it, at least not in Real Palyer. Please help me on that!

Last edited:

T.E.Lawrence

Flannery10 said:
I'm still having trouble, downloading the files. I'm afriad I'm not too good, when it comes to that kind of stuff.

I have Firefox installed and also managed to download the Downloadhelper. Now, when I'm on the site of the video, I click the the icon on my task bar and have two options, and I pick the one with the flv at the end. The problem is, once it's downloaded I can't play it, at least not in Real Palyer. Please help me on that!

The *.flv files will play without problems with VIDEO LAN player or with FLV player. You can download those players here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
http://www.martijndevisser.com/blog/flv-player/
http://www.wimpyplayer.com/products/wimpy_standalone_flv_player.html

Best Wishes

The Alternative is Unthinkable

DIrishB

Flannery10 said:

I had the same problem with a couple of the videos. Just try to rename them and put the .flv extension on them, and they should work with RealPlayer. It worked with the two I downloaded that wouldn't initially work (the other 4 downloaded and worked fine). I think its just which one you choose when you first download...try the other option for the rest and see if it gives you the same problem.

But otherwise, yeah, I already had Firefox and downloaded Downloadhelper, and it worked like a charm. I'm glad I now have a copy of these on my computer. I'm trying to learn how to burn them onto DVD so I can have a hard copy...sort of like what I did with my Indiana Jones in Revenge of the Ancients Rom/Emulator...printed up the actual PC game cover onto some nice glossy paper and even printed up artwork (based on the cover) for the CD itself. Since this game is virtually impossible to find, its the only way I'll be able to own a hard copy of it. Same can be said about these Old Indy bookends.

Thanks again, Stoo!

fommes

I'd like to second the VLC Media Player tip above: that's the quintessential media player that can probably play like 95% of all the media files you'll come across.

And indeed, sometimes when you've downloaded it with DownloadHelper, it will already be a flv file, but sometimes you'll have to change the name and add ".flv" to the file afterwards.

ReggieSnake

Oddly enough I just discovered the VLC player (I couldn't get Quicktime to play an AVI video file) and it seems to work like a charm!

Stoo

Part 12 - Special Hallowe'en Upload

By coincidence, it's been exactly 5 months since Part 6 and the plan was to continue with #7 but,
as Flannery10 suggested, I jumped forward to the Transylvania bookends in proper, Hallowe'en spirit.:eek:

This was made from the dubbed, Austrian version (no subtitles) and the Dutch version (with subtitles).
Unless Transylvania aired in Australia, a clean, English version seems to have never aired. So for now,
this is as close as it gets. Enjoy.:)

SEE! Old Indy face-to-face with a gang of snotty, trick-or-treaters!
HEAR! Wild tales of the supernatural!
AMAZE! At the goofiest of Old Indy's adventures!

The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles - Part 12

Flannery10

Yes! Yes! Yes! (y)

This really made my day, Stoo. Thanks for uploading that bookend. I don't think that the dubbing really made a difference. Where did u get the audio from though if not the original episode?