mod the Emperor's Tomb

IndyMan

I don't know how many of you guys have tried to mod IJET, but all you have to do is replace a few files and there you have it. It is complicated, as some files do and don't work, and some files must be replaced together. If you want the exact way,and which files to replace, just post and i'll get back to ya. For instance, Ive found a way to turn Indy into Mei Ying, Kai, Nazis, and even chickens. I can also make normal indy walk like a chicken, m.i.s.c.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Evidently, this only works on PC. So I can't use these really cool mods. But still...sounds pretty awesome. :whip:

IndyMan

Yeah, It is cool

Yeah, it is cool. Sorry for not mentioning it's only for modding the pc version. I just played ijet and made some screens of the model. I switched Indy to a model that is not used in the pc version. It is a chinese civilian model that was supposed to be on the streets of Hong Kong. There are many unused files such as a train horn sfx mp3 file, a civilian male and female character model, a pheonix (animal) model, and in the dialouge files it says there is a level where Indy and Mei have to jump a bridge in a nazi car. There are other unused files deep in the folders, i'm not sure if they are used in the xbox version.
indys5.jpg

indys8.jpg

indys3.jpg

indys.jpg

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Wanha. Yolegoman, MP3 and co. discovered this almost three years ago.

indyfreak999

if u go on the game data or something u'll find a level file, go down to the bottom and go on the whipgym or rope test levels (they are not in the console version of the game):cool:

indyfreak999

if u search loads and find vars.cfg go on it and make the file called :
aidisabled.something(i don't know what kind of file it is) and change it to aidiabled=true and the mean ,nasty baddies won't try to snap your arms off and kick your head off and break ur legs and... all of that stuff in fact they wont fight u at all:whip: :dead: :D

IndyMan

IJET Software!?!?!?!

Yolegoman posted on a thread a while back that "A long time ago, some very nice person posted the software needed to extract the voice files from Emperor's Tomb." Anyone know where to get this software? Or any other software for ijet?

Kamarov

Modding texture files in ET?

I have dusted off my copy of Emperor's Tomb (PC) after a while and started playing again, but I wanted to know if there is any way of either editing the texture files or the configuration files so that I can get rid of the helper icons that appear on every active switch and swing point.

It's been long enough from when I last played the game that I don't remember 90% of the puzzles, but these icons are making things way too easy for me... I actually think the game is great except for those aids.

Is there any way to get into the MTX files and maybe replace all the icons with empty transparent pics? Or is there a setting in the cfg files that I have missed?

Kamarov

Really? I'm playing it on Hard and icons are coming up all over the place... (on all switches at least). Maybe I just ask for too much.

Last edited:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Hmm, the ET manual says on page 24 that
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb Manual said:
Note: These Icons do not appear if the game difficulty is set to Hard.