Bourne Legacy

-Jones-

According to Variety /23.02.2008/, Universal Studios announced that 4th Jason Bourne movie will be made.

"Shmuger and Linde landed Paul Greengrass and Matt Damon for a fourth "Bourne" movie, even though the director and star seemed ready to wrap it up after three pics."

What do you think, guys?

Deckard

Bad idea. On everyones behalf.

Even Matt Damon said when asked by John Stewart...

"Will there be a 4th one?"

"Yea... we can call it the Bourne Redundancy."

UltimateManGod

I'd prefer they keep it as a trilogy. Unless they do it years from now having an older Bourne get pulled into something as an older guy. Kind of like Indy, Rambo and John McClane as of recently. I definitely don't think they should do one now. I'd still go see it either way. I really enjoyed all three, and if they make this one, I hope it's just as good.

Deckard

It's over, Blackbriar is in the open. The masterminds are all in deep political ****, they think Jason is dead. It's over. Just accept it... damn studios....

deckard24

I love the Bourne movies, but man... they need to wait a bit! I agree, hold off for several years and then do a 4th film!

Finn

Staff member
If I'm to pick a guess, this one will put Bourne's dual identity issue into the spotlight. In the Ludlum novels, Bourne is a bit sicker bunny than displayed in the movies as he is technically carrying two personalities with him. It's also the only thing I can think of to convince Damon back aboard as it'll present him a new intriguing challenge as an actor.

No Ticket

OH! ..... boy?

That's my reaction. I really don't think they need a fourth but, it doesn't surprise me. Not at all. I can't wait to hear the title though. haha.

xVendetta17x

It's supposed to be called The Bourne Legacy
I don't want another one
My stomach can't handle anymore handheld cameras for two hours

TheMutt92

If they make it as good as the others and w/ the same intentions (great action scenes, but always keeping the character in mind), I'm all for!

deckard24

I wonder if Paul Greengrass will direct again? South America sounds interesting, but hopefully he'll travel more then just there.

Also, I wonder if they'll elaborate on his relationship with Nicky Parsons?

agentsands77

deckard24 said:
I wonder if Paul Greengrass will direct again?
He will... I believe that was announced a while back.

deckard24 said:
South America sounds interesting, but hopefully he'll travel more then just there.
It'll be interesting to see how BOURNE IV distinguishes itself in location from the South American-set Bond flick, QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

deckard24 said:
Also, I wonder if they'll elaborate on his relationship with Nicky Parsons?
Probably so, which is one area I'm not too keen on. Don't like Julia Stiles much.

deckard24

I'm glad to hear Greengrass will be back, but I wouldn't mind Liman making a return as well!

I suppose they do need to get out of Europe for a bit, since all of the first 3 films are mainly set there. Brazil would be a fantastic place for a footchase as recently seen in The Incredible Hulk. Asia also would be a great location for Bourne, with Hong Kong, Tokyo, or Thailand ripe for the picking. These would all be excellent exotic settings that mix modern with the old. Not to mention the undercurrent of international organized crime is rampant in all these countries, so I'm sure there'd be plenty of stories to tap into!

Julia Stiles doesn't bother me that much, but I'm not crazy about her either. I would be okay if they mentioned her and left it at that. Or have him meet up with her at the end, but I don't know about her tagging along for the whole film!

The Man

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23440

Bourne looks set to return to our screens, perhaps even sooner than we anticipated.

Plans to make the franchise a quadrilogy seemed hazy, but are now picking up pace, with the instatement of The Bourne Ultimatum co-writer George Nolfi to pen another outing for the character.

Although based on the original concept from the Robert Ludlum books, the fourth instalment will follow an original story.

The Man

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23727

Universal has made a deal with the estate of the late Robert Ludlum, creator of Jason Bourne, to secure all film rights to the Bourne character and novels and bags first dibs on other Ludlum characters.

So what, we hear you cry. Well, this leaves the way open for a continuing franchise, in the style of James Bond, with new stories being created around the character as the films go on. A fourth instalment in the franchise is already underway, with director Paul Greengrass and star Matt Damon already returning, and George Nolfi currently working on the script for a 2010 release.

muttjones

the editing of all of them makes it impossible to watch yet this series has continuosly won oscars for that exact thing :mad: