club obi wan

L.Lawliet

Hey guys,

I can't seem to be able to see any of the threads at the indygear.com/cow forum(other than important announcements and rules), does anyone else have this problem/ know why?

DocWhiskey

You gots to register and become a member now to view the forum.

I'm not a fan when forums do that, it should be open to the public that way you know what you're joining.

Chewbacca Jones

If I'm not mistaken, the change was made because of a change in software or some such. I don't know for sure, though.

Still, COW is much more regulated than most forums. But it stays pretty civil and family friendly. A trade-off, but I good one in my opinion.

eazybox

Some of COW's staff and membership have contacts with Ford, Lucas, Spielberg, etc; and members like Tony Nowak and Steve Delk, who is a frequent poster there, made jackets and hats for the films. In that sense, COW might be a little more like an exclusive club, but as far as I know, anyone who wants to can still join.

For some reason, the endless debates over tiny, tiny details there that I used to find fascinating have become a bit tiresome for me; other than that, it's a great forum and without a doubt the best resource for anyone engaged in research on Indy's costume.

Jack

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

eazybox said:
In that sense, COW might be a little more like an exclusive club, but as far as I know, anyone who wants to can still join.

I lurked there for years, but when they "closed" it to non-members I immediately signed up. And about a week later a got conformation that I was a member. I've never posted a damn thing yet. I just love looking around.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I've been a member at COW for a couple of years though there's only so much for me to talk about when it comes to Indy gear (or Marion gear in my case). I guess it's probably because as a fan, I'm really more interested in collecting certain bits and pieces of merchandise like books, comics and games.

indyclone25

only way i got in was because a friend of mine was a moderator and he pulled some strings to have me added --- cause he said they werent adding people back when i joined --- i kinda thought that was kinda bull----,

Deckard

Its locked and you need a real e-mail account not a free one, so they don't let just anyone join.

They don't want the countless political and religous debates that this forum allows. Frankly, those kind of threads are why I stopped coming here.

I remember a Miley Cyrus thread that turned into the most retarded debate about God i'd ever read and just didn't come back for 2 months.

eazybox

Yes, the mods on COW are pretty good at snuffing out little fires before they turn into big flames. And they will not hesitate to ban members they consider to be troublemakers. It can still be a disagreeable place, but at least the arguments remain civil and rarely descend into baiting or namecalling.

Jack