Ideal Bonus Dvd

I

Indy's_main_man

well when Paramount threw this bonus disk together for the box set they were slacking. Spielberg, Ford and Lucas all love thier creation...I think they could have recorded a commentary. The DVD should also have features about the artifacts as suggested earlier and maybe a trivia game or something. Featurettes are not enough and sometimes too short.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
it seems to me as if the lack of features goes back to paramount`s calculation of future box sets. (argghhh! these capitalists!!)

the featurettes are not that bad i think but you get the feeling that just not all of the accessible footage are shown and many things are kinda hold back. (i.e.: what about that often talked aout story of carrie fisher visiting the ROTLA set?)

than...besides the fact that the interviews with all the crew members were quite cool....i think that a commentary is something completely different because of the spontaneity that lies in the situation...
btw: i dunno...maybe it`s just me but while watching the interview segments the first time i was indeed SHOCKED by harrison fords parts. he seemed to be like on drugs or something...really weird

Webley

Commentary from the hole gang.
I would be cool if you could have played the movies with just the music and no other sound. You can do that with the Superman DVDs.

Finn

Staff member
At least they released the movies in a box, not individually. It could have been another way to get empty the $uckers' wallets.

I

Indy's_main_man

Lets face it, Lucasfilm through all this stuff on the fifth disk and thought we'd be happy. If you add up the interviews with Ford it's like only 3 minutes same with with Spielberg and a little more was used with Lucas during the " making of" of all the movies.

Stephen is used more in features on sound and stuff.

Still...it wasn't enough. 200 bucks says that when the star wars trilogy comes out on DVD there will be way more special features....lets see which set of films Lucas likes more...

ElodieJones

In the tape "Movie Stunt and Making of Raiders of the lost Ark".
There are more bonus than on the DVD.
The tape is ~ 2:45

I

Indy's_main_man

ElodieJones said:
In the tape "Movie Stunt and Making of Raiders of the lost Ark".
There are more bonus than on the DVD.
The tape is ~ 2:45

I wouldn't exactly call those bonuses because that's what the whole thing was about.

We're all familiar with those old tapes but Lucasfilms won't relrelease them. They're too hard to find these days.

i agree in most that have been said here. there really isnt any dubt that the deleted scenes should be a bonus. the trilogy is way to epic to get so little bonus.

id like to see an indy poster galery with posters from different countries. also it would be great to see old interviews and such done back in the day to promote the flick. like talkshow apperences with ford where they discuss his role and the movies (if they excist) hell, they could even include the casette/picture book thingie from raiders (sound playback and just the scanned pages changing along with the tape) for kicks.

there is plenty of stuff they could/should have included. even thou they have done a great job with the sound and picture of the films, i really wish they would have putt a bit more effort into the extras.

then again, complaining like this probably aint gonna do much good. at least they put the original films on the disc.im just happy they didnt give them the star wars treatment with crappy cgi inserts.

Last edited: