TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: What Indy jacket do you own?
Wested 22 51.16%
Todd's Costumes 8 18.60%
Steele and Jones 2 4.65%
Bill Kelso 0 0%
Other (post about it below) 11 25.58%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2017, 12:07 PM   #351
Glenville86
IndyFan

With little natural light, jacket looks darkish. In bright or sunlight, it is a lighter russet brown.

BK Indy jackets run on the slim side which is very good for normal sized folks. As a more beefy guy, it feels comfortable with some snugness in the pits and chest. If I ordered my actual chest size, the OTR would be way too small. Andy at BK will make some changes to facilitate fit. I had to go a little bigger on the pit-to-pit. The back length is shorter than my Wested jackets on paper but came out about the same fit.
Glenville86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #352
Drones33
IndyFan

Great looking jacket. I really like that colour. A better fit than Westeds Hero would you say, or quite similar?
Drones33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #353
Glenville86
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drones33
Great looking jacket. I really like that colour. A better fit than Westeds Hero would you say, or quite similar?

The Kelso is a copy of a Nowak Raiders which should be pretty darn close. It fits much more comfortable than the Wested Hero and does not that weird fit feeling. I have 2 of the Kelso Cairo ones in SL and HH. They are good wearing jackets.

From the jackets I own and I like them all, I would rate them:

1. BK
2. S&J
3. Gibson & Barnes (No Longer Made)
4. Wested
5. US Wings
Old 01-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #354
Major West
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenville86

BK Indy jackets run on the slim side which is very good for normal sized folks. As a more beefy guy, it feels comfortable with some snugness in the pits and chest. If I ordered my actual chest size, the OTR would be way too small. Andy at BK will make some changes to facilitate fit. I had to go a little bigger on the pit-to-pit. The back length is shorter than my Wested jackets on paper but came out about the same fit.

Interesting, I was going to ask you about the measurements. I was looking at their website. Noticed they had the option of ordering OTR sizing short/regular/long or including your measurements. According to their guide chart I should order a 40R

Are they UK based? I noticed a banner at the top that said free UK shipping.

If I were to order one I suppose I'd have to pick the striated leather, and maybe south america version of the jacket.

Which version of the jacket is the Flying Wing, it's the Cairo jacket I think.

Why am I rambling. I can't see myself pulling the trigger on £500

I hope you're not thinking about it Drones, your new Wested Hero looks fiine.
Major West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:13 PM   #355
Glenville86
IndyFan

The guy who owns BK is American but they are located in Greece if I remember correctly. A BK Indy is cheaper than most Aero jackets. They have a goatskin that is not a bad price if the other leathers are too expensive.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #356
Major West
IndyFan

Yes it is a reasonable price. The striated leather is sourced from the same place as the original movie jacket where they still tan leathers by hand the old way. You're paying for high quality.

I'll have a look at the goat, but I think the striated lamb is a must for a first time buy of a BK Relic Hunter.
Major West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:15 AM   #357
Drones33
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major West
Interesting, I was going to ask you about the measurements. I was looking at their website. Noticed they had the option of ordering OTR sizing short/regular/long or including your measurements. According to their guide chart I should order a 40R

Are they UK based? I noticed a banner at the top that said free UK shipping.

If I were to order one I suppose I'd have to pick the striated leather, and maybe south america version of the jacket.

Which version of the jacket is the Flying Wing, it's the Cairo jacket I think.

Why am I rambling. I can't see myself pulling the trigger on £500

I hope you're not thinking about it Drones, your new Wested Hero looks fiine.
Nah. I've considered it a few times, and as you say if I were to buy a BK it would have to be the striated lamb, but that five hundred quid price tag puts me off. I doubt my understanding Wife would be THAT understanding
Drones33 is offline   Reply With Quote