Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 01-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #776
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
Disney only bought the rights to future Indiana Jones movies with the character so they will be the only distributor on Indy 5. Indy 1-4 Paramount still distribute for years to come on home video.

In about 10 years it would not surprise me if Paramount announce they are remaking Indy 1-4 (so Disney then buy the rights to those from them as well!!).
I don't know that is entirely true, I think there is a distribution partnership kind of like Marvel and Disney, my guess is they will do something similar to Star Wars where you just get a classy Lucasfilm logo and at the end of the credits you get some kind of Walt Disney Pictures logo ...
DARTH ZOIDBERG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #777
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTH ZOIDBERG
Actually the entire Leia and Tarkin characters were CGI not just there faces and I thought they looked fantastic! They might have used stand ins but the entire actors you see on screen were rendered CGI!

You know what screenplay/McGuffin would be greatly enhanced by this technology? It would capture the sense of the character, keep both fanboys and cynics alike happy? Could provide a seamless transition into the new chapters of Indiana Jones?

THIS ONE.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:43 AM   #778
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
You know what screenplay/McGuffin would be greatly enhanced by this technology? It would capture the sense of the character, keep both fanboys and cynics alike happy? Could provide a seamless transition into the new chapters of Indiana Jones?

THIS ONE.
I definitely want them to go back to a Judeo Christian artifact, it would make most fans happy, although I loved KOTCS but they have to do what Disney did with Star Wars and make something as good as the Originals. I do think the possibilities are endless though with the Technology, good point you have there!
Old 01-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #779
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Quote:

THIS ONE.
I agree that this might work for Indy 5.

However, where do you go from there in future movies? A rejuvenated Indy in the 70s and 80s?
Again with a digitally de-aged Ford in the lead, when Harry may actually not be around by the time those new movies get made?

Nah.

I'd rather Disney wrapped up the story in the 60s with Ford, then continued the saga with prequels set in the 20s and 30s with a younger actor.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:47 PM   #780
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
I agree that this might work for Indy 5.

However, where do you go from there in future movies? A rejuvenated Indy in the 70s and 80s?
Again with a digitally de-aged Ford in the lead, when Harry may actually not be around by the time those new movies get made?

Nah.

I'd rather Disney wrapped up the story in the 60s with Ford, then continued the saga with prequels set in the 20s and 30s with a younger actor.
I think it will be interesting to see how the Young Han Solo movie goes if it is a hit may be a recast with Alden Ehrenreich would be the way to go, so far the casting for Disney Star Wars has been great. What Is the casting Directors name for star wars, Nina Gold, may be they can get her for Indy??
Old 01-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #781
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller

The Tree of Life could reasonably be believed to alter one to a more youthful/changed appearance. It wouldn't be asking the audience to go with them too far on that journey if it was handled right. A tree's a tree - there's no changing that, but it doesn't always look the same over the years.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #782
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan

Quote:

THIS ONE.
I don't know If this will tie into the Tree Of Life CGI Indy/Harrison Idea you have but this is an official press release by Disney regarding Carrie Fisher being done CGI In Episode 9?,

Official Statement From Lucasfilm Regarding Future CGI Carrie Fisher
Posted by Dustin on January 13, 2017 at 06:34 PM CST
Lucasfilm has released the following statement at StarWars.com:

A STATEMENT REGARDING NEW RUMORS
JAN 13, 2017

We don't normally respond to fan or press speculation, but there is a rumor circulating that we would like to address. We want to assure our fans that Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher's performance as Princess or General Leia Organa.

Carrie Fisher was, is, and always will be a part of the Lucasfilm family. She was our princess, our general, and more importantly, our friend. We are still hurting from her loss. We cherish her memory and legacy as Princess Leia, and will always strive to honor everything she gave to Star Wars.