• Steele and Jones

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bill Kelso

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (post about it below)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters

Glenville86

I just put the jacket on for the pics without any adjustments. The pockets are larger than the one they sell but slightly smaller than the Raiders jacket pockets. It actually looks longer in the back than what it is. It sits about 2.5 - 3 inches below my belt in the back. I like them a little longer anyway.

It is horsehide with all cotton lining.

Glenville86

That one is the factory Henry. The Wested horsehide does not come with that stiffness you would get from other horsehide jackets. It actually has some drape out of the box.

Major West

Very nice distressing there Drones33. Good job. I did have a start at distressing my Last Crusade jacket, just the collar edges and pockets, but a very small amount, not really worth showing yet.

Great jacket Glenville86. Good to hear Wested's Horsehide comes with some drape out of the box.

Glenville86

I always order them a little longer. I do have a couple Wings Legend jackets that are shorter. Maybe because I am pretty tall, I feel weird wearing any jacket that sits slightly below the belt.

Drones33

Interesting to see them side by side, not only for the length but for collar size too. Apparently Wested's next blog entry will be a Raiders vs TOD comparison. Looking forward to that.

Major West

Drones33 said:
So, whats the back length of your TOD?

It's 25.5" (that's the length I ordered)

I think the ToD jacket on film hangs lower than the Raiders, (look at the scenes where he walks into the village, arrives at Pankot etc) so I deliberately made it longer so the the jacket would represent that. Obviously you've got to try and work it out for your own torso and there is a little shoulder overhang like the Hero Raiders to consider.

https://postimage.org/

Last edited:

Glenville86

Got my next to last Indy Jacket in today. A Hero in horsehide. Fits well as I ordered an inch shorter than normal in the sleeves at 26 inches and the max length of 26.5 inches. I missed the mark on my first Hero a couple years ago with the sleeve length and donated it to charity. Have one in goat but the horsehide is such a good leather IMO. One I had in SL and the goat stick out in the back but the horsehide being heavier makes the jacket hang well. I did have Wested shorten the straps as they are really long as a standard feature. The only thing that is not great for me is that it is very form fitting in the armpits but no flying squirrel. If you don't have big arms, should not be an issue at all. It is not too tight in the pits but would not have space to layer other than just any type of shirt.

My last jacket is coming from S&J sometime in a Raiders with a dark chocolate lighter cowhide.

Am moving next month and was kind of shocked at the number of Indy jackets I have acquired over the last couple of years (and hats/boots). :eek:

Glenville86

Drones33 said:
Next to last? Are there no more out there that you'd have or are you approaching a completed collection?

On the jacket side, I have multiple jackets from G&B, Wested, S&J, US Wings and Kelso. Just about every hide available. Have around 25 Indy jackets.

Fedora - have Adventurebilt, Advintage, Garrison, Akubra, Stetson, Northwest Hats and a couple others. About 15 Indy Hats in total.

Boots: All the Alden one to include the Indy cordovan boots. More than one pair in a couple models. Also have some close enough boots as well.

A couple Indy shirts as well. I am well past a completed collection on all the clothing items........I was not really keeping track of it all until I started to go through my closets for our move next month.......

Major West

I was planning to make my next jacket the Last Crusade Hero, but no sign of when Wested might release it. Toying with the idea of the Hero Raiders in a hide I don't have yet. Possibly cow, Novapelle, maybe Goat, if Goat then I'd have to manually distress it as I understand Goat is bulletproof, although it would have the required dark Raiders look. Any thoughts on this.

Drones33

For me the key thing about the Hero is the drape. Because it's so slouchy, hanging off the shoulders and low on the back of the neck, I think the leather needs both weight and suppleness.
Shrunken lamb is I suppose an obvious choice, and works well; very soft and comfortable. The colour is a little light for my taste, a bit ginger-biscuit-y.
I think Authentic Lamb would be ideal, but if it's a hide you don't have already then, as you know I'm a big fan of Novapelle. I'd be tempted to go for that. Really, almost as soft as lambskin but very heavy, so it drapes beautifully. Whether dark brown or copper, it's quite pale when it arrives, with a dry, dusty feel. But a good soaking and a healthy once-over with Pecards and it darkens right down. Very easy to weather too, if your that way inclined.
Unlike goat. Lovely looking, and a great colour, but as you say completely bulletproof. If Indy had been wearing a goatskin jacket in Crystal Skull, he wouldn't have needed the fridge when the bomb went off I reckon!
I had my otr goatskin Raiders for almost 9 years, looked pretty much the same the day I sold it as it did the day it arrived, other than the fact that it had gone sort of brittle and plastic-y looking. Great jacket, but I felt it had no character.
Let me know which one you go for(y)

Speaking of decisions, I've run into a rather annoying issue with my new lambskin Raiders. As its softened and begun to conform to my shape, I noticed it was kind of lop-sided. Long story short, I measured the shoulders, and much to my irritation the left shoulder, from collar to sleeve, is 6" but the right is 7.5". :confused: I'd just given them a really nice review too!
It's the first time Wested has let me down, still irritating though. Gonna have to get in touch, see what they can do.

Moving house Glenville? That can be quite an adventure in itself. I ended up in hospital last time we moved house! ( long story)
Moving far?

Last edited:

Dr.Sartorius

Glenville86 said:
On the jacket side, I have multiple jackets from G&B, Wested, S&J, US Wings and Kelso. Just about every hide available. Have around 25 Indy jackets.

Fedora - have Adventurebilt, Advintage, Garrison, Akubra, Stetson, Northwest Hats and a couple others. About 15 Indy Hats in total.

Boots: All the Alden one to include the Indy cordovan boots. More than one pair in a couple models. Also have some close enough boots as well.

A couple Indy shirts as well. I am well past a completed collection on all the clothing items........I was not really keeping track of it all until I started to go through my closets for our move next month.......

:eek: You should open up an Indy museum!