Little help for a new guy? Indys's bag

IkoJones

the bag seems quite good from the pics but it's hard to tell the quality of sewing. Also as far as I recall the original bag has double bottom but I have none to prove it.:( No comments on the synthetical leather strap...

To the color: the green one looks more worn-out but the dark green has more potencial to get there. I would go with the lighter dreen but it depends on you if you want an istant worn-out or to wear the bag out yourself.

The price seems to be quite reasonable. Have you however tried your local military shops? MMaybe you will find a close-enough for better price without waiting ;).

Anyway, let us know of your choice.

:hat:

Blue Jay

Thank you so much for your input! (y)

I think i will order the bag.

I will let you all know how the qualtiy is :whip:

I love the light green look!

The vents should be in the bottom...

The "Disk" is missing off the right side...

"the original bag has double bottom"
Yes it does....

Not a replica I'd buy.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
ClintonHammond said:
Not a replica I'd buy.
Ditto. There are online army shops you can buy completely mint MkVII's for like 30 euros. This one cost me exactly that, no more.

DSCF4110.jpg

"There are online army shops you can buy completely mint MkVII's for like 30 euros."

Those are also reproductions, are they not?

(Not that there's anything wrong with a reproduction, as long as it's done well)

My bag is starting to wear after almost 3 years of constant wear.... I think my plan is to use it as a pattern to remake it, but in more sturdy materials... and maybe slightly bigger...

But I'm not interested in screen accuracy.

Todds Costumes are out...
TexasActionGear is gone...
WhatPriceGlory has original bags (They mostly look like crap) but are out of repros....

What other sources do you have VP??

VP

Moderator Emeritus
This one is a 1941 H&Sons MkVII L from Endicotts Army Surplus in Exeter, UK.

_MG_3854.jpg

VP

Moderator Emeritus
It was £21.95 about a year ago, ordered it by emailing their IndyGear contact guy. I think they're running out a bit, but they still might have some unissued ones which aren't in top quality but still almost as good as new. This one looks like it's brand new.

Blue Jay

i ordered the bag from ebay yesterday.

i will make some pics for u guys to review.

i am really excited. i hope the quality is alright :whip:

Blue Jay

The bag just arrived! I must say that i am quite happy!
It might not be a 100 % accurate in that matter, but it is still good.

I ordered the bag strap replica from Todd's costume ;)

I will try to make some pictures for you guys to see in the next day or so.

i am happy to hear your thoughts!