Villians, why did it have to be villians...

Who's your favorite Villain?

• Belloq

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Mola Ram

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Donovan

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Dietrich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toht

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Chattar Lal

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Colonel Vogel

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Hitler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elsa

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

Indydan13

My favorite villian is Col. Vogel (obviously) because he is tough, sarcastic, and eager to kill a few "American Conspirators", and he likes to keep a "hold" on things...

Webley

Put me down for Mola Ram. The guy poisoned Doc Jones with the blood of Kali.

PS: you should have Lao Che and Hitler on this poll.

I voted for Toht.
I think he was the coolest villian and I especially love the scene when he comes to Marion's bar. The music when he just opens the door of the Raven tells you that you're in for something sinister... MWAHAHAHAHA!
icon_twisted.gif

Indydan13

My favorite scene of Toht is when he was screaming like a girl (along with Belloq) as the Ark was opened. That was funny, I always laugh at that scene. I bust up laughing everytime the 3 get what's comin to em...Melt, cave, and BOOM!

Indydan13

favorite to hate, favorite to cheer....what's the difference. Without a villian, there would be no movie...and that would be a tragedy! ;)

Webley

Never real thought of Chattar Lal as a real villian he was more like a lap dog for Mola Ram. A thorn in Doc Jones side.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
He says on the DVD bonus that he took a french accent to play Belloq. Where!? When!? He's sounds english to me. Actually he sounds everything but French. It's probably better that way though, the French accent sounds pretty ridicules if you ask me.

Also I don't know if you guys know this but before Paul Freeman, a French singer Jaques Dutronc was asked to play Belloq. he refused (he hardly spoke a word of english).

Attila the Professor said:
Belloq has the most depth

Why do you say that?

For me, Belloq is the most humane of the villains. He feels sorry for Marion when she is thrown into the Well of Souls. He doesn't kill Indy during the bar scene because of the children. He only uses the Nazis to get the ark. In some ways he's a nicer person than Indy...

Jordana

First of all, hello! I'm new :) Not sure of the etiquette around here-should I make an introductory post somewhere else on the forums? Anyway, I've been lurking for a while, and finally got round to registering.....*waves to everyone*

vaxer said:
He says on the DVD bonus that he took a french accent to play Belloq. Where!? When!? He's sounds english to me. Actually he sounds everything but French. It's probably better that way though, the French accent sounds pretty ridicules if you ask me.

Funny you should say that; as I rewatched RoTLA on TV a couple of weeks ago I was thinking how GOOD Paul Freeman's French accent was :) It's fairly subtle, which I think is fitting for the character, a man who has probably spent a lot of his time away from his native country. Also, the French accent is particularly prone to being badly imitated, an effect which is greater when an actor tries to lay it on thick.
I certainly don't think he sounds English, though. Listen closely to the way he pronounces words like "I", "my" and "idiot", for example....
And yep, he's my favourite villain :) Like Chattar Lal said above, he has a sympathetic side. I like Hitler too (not in real life though!) if only because the autograph scene was so funny :)