The Gospel of Judas Iscariot

"does he read it on the tape?"
Yup... but it's not tape... eMule.... :)

"How's your mom doing?"
You'd know... you pay her so you can eat the corn out of her dung....

"They were written from eye wittness(sic.) accounts."
Any cop, lawyer or judge worth his salt will tell you that eye-witness testimony is the LEAST reliable piece of evidence one can ever propose....

" Something must be offending you"
Stupid ignorant superstition, and blind faith offend me....

"the four selected by the proto-orthodox christians"
Exactly the small group of people I was talking about earlier...

Indyjohan, read a book called The Jesus Mystery.

you claim a knowledge of your religion and its history yet have only exposed yourself to one version of the story - the church's. I find it astonishing people can let something govern their lives to such an extent without having explored it from every conceivable angle at some point? Of course, therein lies the problem, the catch-22, as no religion stands up to scrutiny therefore anybody who adheres to a religion cannot have scrutinised its claims!? Please believe ue, religions ARE crudely and simply tools to govern groups of people to the benefit of an elite.

indyt

IndyJohan said:
THe gospel of Judas has no credibility for what it say's. It was written long after the other gospels and it does not have the prerequisites that the other gospels have. The true gospel offends everything that is human nature. The secular world will find anything to disproove the Bible. Jesus is the most offensive man to the world. No other man stirs up this much controversy, why? Because The message of Christ can be offensive to our human nature...and the implications of Christ being the living God is just too much for people to take.

Cound not have said it better myself. Thanks.

Johan

StwongBwidge said:

you claim a knowledge of your religion and its history yet have only exposed yourself to one version of the story - the church's. I find it astonishing people can let something govern their lives to such an extent without having explored it from every conceivable angle at some point? Of course, therein lies the problem, the catch-22, as no religion stands up to scrutiny therefore anybody who adheres to a religion cannot have scrutinised its claims!? Please believe ue, religions ARE crudely and simply tools to govern groups of people to the benefit of an elite.

You see that's the difference. You people are seeing religion as old scripts and manuscripts, rules and regulations. You don't see the BIGGER picture. Which is the relationship and power that comes out of it. Seeing blind men see and the lame walk (both of which I witnessed). Seeing angels and the battles of the heavenly realm (both of which I am a witness). You will never know these things through the paradigm you are viewing the scripture which we fully believe are inspired by the living God.

HovitosKing

Upon re-reading my previous post, I guess I should clear up one point. I do not loathe the doctrine of christianity itself, I loathe the organized church and the people who blindly adhere to its dogma. I refuse to acknowledge an institution which has murdered more innocent people throughout history than Nazi Germany ever dreamed of. The christian church's holocaust spans thousands of years and is built on the blood and bones of countless people and societies. You can choose to look the other way, but I won't buy it. It's hypocrisy it its most despicable form.

indyt

I understand you guys points. Like I said earlier, I have a relationship with Jesus Christ, a very real relationship with a real Being. This relationship does not include rules and regulations and legalism. Sadly that is what Christianity has become. There are many things I do not agree that the church is doing, especially the Western gentile Christianity of America. Nonetheless I still go to church to worship God, not for the people but for Him. I hate to say it, but modern Christianity and the modern day church have come a long way from what Chirst truly taught and is. I wish I could go back to the church in the book of Acts, now that was real worship.

Paden

StwongBwidge said:
I'm presuming this is in reference to Freke and Gandy's book The Jesus Mysteries, which asserts that Jewish mystics adapted the mythology surrounding figures like Dionysius into their own belief system. Some compelling reading from the other side of that particular coin can be found here.

JeremiahGateFan

I used to have a relationship with God. I have always been a person who values the truth more than anything else. Just because I want christianity to be true( and I do ) that doesn't mean I should believe it if it is not true. So one day I cried out to God and I said for once, speak to me. He has never done anything to solidify my faith even though at one point I would of died for him in an instant without hesitation. Now, I cannot say I believe in God. Atleast not the christian God. Someone has to be out there. Maybe he allowed me to join christianity for wisdoms I would pick up there. I don't know. All I know is that I have to learn to accept the possibility that I truly am alone. And until I accept that, I will be weak emotionally and unfit to be a soldier which is what I will one day be for my country.

indyt

JeremiahGateFan said:
I used to have a relationship with God. I have always been a person who values the truth more than anything else. Just because I want christianity to be true( and I do ) that doesn't mean I should believe it if it is not true. So one day I cried out to God and I said for once, speak to me. He has never done anything to solidify my faith even though at one point I would of died for him in an instant without hesitation. Now, I cannot say I believe in God. Atleast not the christian God. Someone has to be out there. Maybe he allowed me to join christianity for wisdoms I would pick up there. I don't know. All I know is that I have to learn to accept the possibility that I truly am alone. And until I accept that, I will be weak emotionally and unfit to be a soldier which is what I will one day be for my country.

Listen, I promise you are not alone. No matter what anyone else says or posts on this board. I have seen Christ work in my life all of my life. There were times He seemed to be silent but I persevered. I know He is real not just on faith, but by experience. I have had prayers answered, either yes,no or wait. Those prayers that God said no to I saw the reason for it later in my life and that it was for my own good. Christ works in different ways with different people and at different times. I encourage you to persevere, be faithful and patient. I promise that Christ will open doors in your life and you will see His reality.

Also, best wishes in your military career, there's nothing better than a true blue hero. :)

"you claim a knowledge of your religion and its history"

Ha! In the same way that I claim to be a 6'4" stack of rippling muscle and sex-appeal with a python down my trousers and a wallet too thick to fold.....

HA! I say....

"I have seen Christ work in my life all of my life."
There's a guy who lives in the group home across the street... He's told me about some of the things he's 'seen'.. especially when he goes off his meds....

Last edited:

Johan

Wow...I would sure feel sorry for you kids if they have to earn your love. (if you have or plan on having any)

Johan

ClintonHammond said:
"I have seen Christ work in my life all of my life."
There's a guy who lives in the group home across the street... He's told me about some of the things he's 'seen'.. especially when he goes off his meds....

Well if that's how you feel, pass on the meds. If I'm crazy its quite the trip! I personally prayed for a blind eye and it was instantly healed, I've seen legs grow, broken legs heal (my own ankle in fact), gold fillings appear out of no where (wierd one), demons cast out, angelic visitation and yes...pass on the MEDS...I've heard the audible voice of God 2 times. This "crazy" religion is doing lots for me...why stop now?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
It takes two to tango...

You can attack the post, but not the poster.

Just because someone attacked you personally...which from my point of view doesn't look that way (ie "you started it")...doesn't give you a right to lash back with personal attacks.

Show more restraint; if you can't, you've been warned.

Just more of your personal 'vendetta' against me, so W....

1), Isn't this exactly the subject matter for a Private message?!?! So as to, at the very least, not drag the thread off topic?!?! Shouldn't a Mod also lead by example of behaviour?

2) Funny how you're the only one who EVER seems to have an issue with it, while turning a blind eye to the behaviour of others....

*shrug*

Need to see good evidence of how easily Faith Healing is debunked? Read some of the works of James Randi.... www.randi.org just for starters....