Guilty Pleasures of Film

TheMutt92

Anyone got any movies they watch that are so bad, yet they for some strange reason love them (guilty pleasures if you will)? For me, I'd have to say the High School Musical Movies. They're so dumb and cheesy, and for some reasons I don't mind watching them. What are yours?

MaxPhactor23

The Jurassic Park sequels are some of mine. I admittedly like them?but can admit they?re not very good. I think I?m just completely incapable of disliking anything that includes dinosaurs.

graz

Dare I say this....

My Wife got me Herbie: Fully Loaded for Christmas because I enjoyed it so much! (and not just because I have a pathetic middle-aged crush on Lindsay Lohan! :eek: ).

Yes I am ashamed...

Crusade>Raiders

I quite enjoyed Judge Dredd. Yeah, its wasn't all that accurate to the comic books I've read, but I'll be damned if it wasn't entertaining as hell.

Boomerang isn't the last good Eddie Murphy movie, the Nutty Professor is. Everything after that was pure bullcrap(I don't count the Shrek movies, although only the first two were great to me, third was kinda meh).

Ghostbusers 2 is great. No, not as much as the original, but it gets a lot of heat from people who never even seen it.

Oh, and I liked that live-action Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. It didn't destroy my childhood like I thought it would.

TravisBickle

Dumb and Dumber is my #1 favorite comedy. But I don't think it is a bad movie at all, but people seem to be shocked that I rank it so high.

jonesissparrow

I liked the first Cannonball Run and Steven Spielberg's flop, 1941 and I really found the prequel to Dumb and Dumber freakin' hiliarious. I remember me and my friends watched Dumb and Dumberer on DVD and we laughed our butts off m favorite when Bob Saget is shouting in the bathroom because he thought Lloyd had crapped all over the bathroom but it was melted chocolate. I don't understand the hatred for that movie.
I did like The Sword and the Stone even though a lot people said it was Disney's weakest film while he was living.

roundshort said:
Why are you crying? A guilty pleasure, is very different than a dark secret.

Good thread!

Mine, Caddyshack, all day everyday. With Dumb and Dumber right there as well.

Allow me to quote from the other thread as you do not seem to have read it:

"Or what films do you love that everyone else seems to loathe?"

OMG! The very distinct definition of a guilty pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It does seem that the "Dark Secrets of Film" thread deals rather more with what people would be ashamed to not like, along with everything else. This one, apart from the recent disturbance, is rather on-topic. ResidentAlien - calm down, we'd like to keep you around, don't make it so we can't.

So, it can stay.

iLUVINDY

Niteshade007 said:
My guilty pleasure movies are Mean Girls and The Devil Wears Prada. Two chick flicks, I know, but I love them.

took the words right out of my mouth, LOVE THOSE MOVIES!!!

|ZiR|

Lifetime Original movies.

It's sick, I know, but they're so bad they're sort of good. Low production values, terrible acting, outlandish premises. Awesome.

My favorite "what ever happened to...?" actors always pop up in them too. And the titles of the movies! I mean, does it get any better than "Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?" :p

Low budget, direct-to-DVD horror movies.

Disney, and other kids movies from my childhood.

Waterworld.

deckard24

Crappy horror movies like: Friday the 13th parts 5,7,8, 9, 10, Freddy vs. Jason, Pumpkinhead, My Bloody Valentine, Basket Case, Leprechaun, The Gate, etc..

Into the Blue-which is pretty much a remake of The Deep with Jessica Alba and Paul Walker

Jaws 3-terrible but I get sucked in every time

Deep Blue Sea

Chuck Norris flicks like The Octagon

The Neverending Story

I'm sure more will come to me!

Niteshade007

I like Sky Captain too, although I know it's crap.

I just thought of another chick flick I love, although this one is one of my favorites: Love Actually.

Gear

graz said:
Dare I say this....

My Wife got me Herbie: Fully Loaded for Christmas because I enjoyed it so much! (and not just because I have a pathetic middle-aged crush on Lindsay Lohan! :eek: ).

Yes I am ashamed...

Thats alright graz.

C'mon, seriously now. Who doesn't have a crush on a celeb???

Also. Whats wrong with Sky Captin? It was supposed to be corny.

Any of you guys ever seen 50's B SciFi flicks????