New Acquisitions!!

tnswman

Deckard said:
Hey TNS, do you find that the deluxe line's paint apps are lacking in any way compared to the regular figures. Sometimes they tend to do a little less detail in the paint or the flesh tones come out a little differant then the regular line. Anything like that?

No Bud, I think the paint apps are just as fine as the main line, just less Articulation..The Horse figure has good articulation in the joints but the Hips and long legs urt it.

I am SOOO Glad that the Splako figure is shpping :) I figured it would...Some places may not get her at 1st though.

tnswman

The Golden Idol said:
You mean the jacket is molded onto the body?

Also, which Indy figure is the one pictured below?

indy012-4.jpg

LOL!! Guys, that is your much hated ROTLA BAsic Indy figure from Wave 1 :)

I will say that the best way to make a PERFECT ROTLA Indy ( Both Versions ) is to get two deluxe Indy's and the two KOTCS Indy figures and put the Deluxe heads on THOSE Bodies!! DO NOT That's the only heads that will fit on the FAR surperior KOTCS Bodies....THE KOTCS Indy figure is NOT the same upper body as the Basic ROTLA Indy.

tnswman

Nurhachi1991 said:
can the figure actully fit under the truck?

LOL!! Any body can fit under a truck...It just won't look the same after it comes out the end LOL!!

No, it won't fit...You have to be like the 2nd unit crew on raiders and dig a ditch LOL!

The truck is a VERY nice toy....The detail is VERY impressive.

The Truck was one of my favorite toys that Kenner made.. So, I was very happy to see Hasbro do 200% better for the new Truck.. At last.. The old truck is retired :)

The Golden Idol

tnswman said:
He comes with BOTH WHIPS!! Is anyone really even looking at the pictures I post of each figure and his accessories?

Are you sure? From this pic it looks like the KOTCS jacketed Indy figure only comes with the uncoiled whip:

indy011-5.jpg

Indy Black

I've slogged through all the pages and am impressed with what's due out on the 1st.:cool:

My Indy find pales, two packs of the mint M &M's yesterday along with a box of Fruit Loops(light up spoon inside).

My local Wal-mart has the Lego sets on the shelf but I'm not intrested in them so I let them sit.

tnswman

The Golden Idol said:
Are you sure? From this pic it looks like the KOTCS jacketed Indy figure only comes with the uncoiled whip:

indy011-5.jpg

No, I thought you were talking about the ROTLA Indy.....The Whip with the Jacketless Indy is Different than the other Coiled whips. I have answered so mayquestions, everything is running together LOL!

The Golden Idol

tnswman said:
No, I thought you were talking about the ROTLA Indy.....The Whip with the Jacketless Indy is Different than the other Coiled whips.

How is the KOTCS coiled whip different?

Also, is the KOTCS Jacket Indy gun the same as the ROTLA Jacket Indy gun?

Is the KOTCS Indy uncoiled whip the same as the ROTLA Jacket Indy uncoiled whip?

tnswman said:
I will say that the best way to make a PERFECT ROTLA Indy ( Both Versions ) is to get two deluxe Indy's and the two KOTCS Indy figures and put the Deluxe heads on THOSE Bodies!! DO NOT That's the only heads that will fit on the FAR surperior KOTCS Bodies....THE KOTCS Indy figure is NOT the same upper body as the Basic ROTLA Indy.

Why do you say that the KOTCS bodies are superior? What's the difference between them and the basic ROTLA bodies?

Last edited:

tnswman

The Golden Idol said:
How is the KOTCS coiled whip different?

Also, is the KOTCS Jacket Indy gun the same as the ROTLA Jacket Indy gun?

Is the KOTCS Indy uncoiled whip the same as the ROTLA Jacket Indy uncoiled whip?

Look at the pics on the previous pages to see the differences

Why do you say that the KOTCS bodies are superior? What's the difference between them and the basic ROTLA bodies?

Because the KOTCS Jacket Indy arm / Jacket is cut better and the arms go closer to the sides of the figures. The changes can hardly be seen..Until you have the figure a nd you see how much nicer they look.. I will take comparison pics later.

Snakes

I think I may end up buying every Indy figure except the deluxe idol trap and horse 2 pack figures. They all look great to me.

The Golden Idol

tnswman said:
Because the KOTCS Jacket Indy arm / Jacket is cut better and the arms go closer to the sides of the figures. The changes can hardly be seen..Until you have the figure a nd you see how much nicer they look.. I will take comparison pics later.

OK. I'll probably just buy the Pitfall Indy and the KOTCS Jacket Indy to make one awesome ROTLA Indy. It sucks that I have to buy a separate figure to have a coiled whip, though! :mad:
Which coiled whip is better, the ROTLA one or the KOTCS one?

Comparison pics between ROTLA Jacket Indy and KOTCS Jacket Indy will be much appreciated.

Last edited:

tnswman

The Golden Idol said:
OK. I'll probably just buy the Pitfall Indy and the KOTCS Jacket Indy to make one awesome ROTLA Indy. It sucks that I have to buy a separate figure to have a coiled whip, though! :mad:
Which coiled whip is better, the ROTLA one or the KOTCS one?

Comparison pics between ROTLA Jacket Indy and KOTCS Jacket Indy will be much appreciated.

Depends on your taste.

I will take pics later

The Golden Idol

tnswman said:
Depends on your taste.

I will take pics later

Thanks. Oh, and if it's not too much too ask, can you please post a pic of KOTCS Jacket Indy with a Pitfall Indy head? I just want to see what my custom ROTLA figure will look like. Thanks in advance.

tnswman

The Golden Idol said:
Thanks. Oh, and if it's not too much too ask, can you please post a pic of KOTCS Jacket Indy with a Pitfall Indy head? I just want to see what my custom ROTLA figure will look like. Thanks in advance.

That's the pics I'm talking about

The_Raiders

I looked at fred meyers today, nothin (n) , Well guys, I've made up my mind, I want a younger Indy, but I've had an idea, I'm gonna buy the KOTCS Indy, and paint his hair, so he can be a young Indy with a removable hat, how's that? :hat:

Shemp

The_Raiders said:
I looked at fred meyers today, nothin (n) , Well guys, I've made up my mind, I want a younger Indy, but I've had an idea, I'm gonna buy the KOTCS Indy, and paint his hair, so he can be a young Indy with a removable hat, how's that? :hat:

The hair itself isn't very "grey". I don't think a repainti s even needed. Maybe just a light touch up ;) . At least from the pics that I've seen...

The_Raiders

Shemp said:
The hair itself isn't very "grey". I don't think a repainti s even needed. Maybe just a light touch up ;) . At least from the pics that I've seen...

Yeah I know, I'd prefer dark brownd though, like the young Indy, so I will probably paint it. :hat: