It's May 1st, where are the Indy toys?

tnswman

snake_surprise said:
All good points.

I bet some of these super Walmarts like mine are similar to others around the country in that there are tons and tons of items in the back room, and since they sell everything under the sun and the money pours in by the second, they are not in a rush to put these things out. People will buy their stuff when they get around to putting it out. Some have gotten around to putting these out, some have not. Not a big deal to them, obviously...probably the same issue with the latest garden hose, hamster chips, etc...

The smaller/trashier Walmart is probably more eager in their plight to get stuff on the shelves instead of just sitting in storage in the back, because of profit margin, etc.

Still, it is strange that some stores with the same name have them, others do not. Usually these big chains purposefully and blatantly put stuff out simultaneously not matter what the product so each of their stores are almost identical in terms of product on shelves, layout, end caps, etc...especially to coincide with Sunday inserts in the paper.

Anyway, I digress...

My wal-Mart is for some odd reason the 2nd largest in America .... we are a VERY normal town with no trashy areas really...and they were all over helping me out. The other NEWER wal-Marts were the same way. Now, I went in with a plan that would give me leverage...such as Telling them That I KNOW the items are there and that I was TOLD they would be released at midnight....The one Manager that helped me at the 2nd WM said that he would look and if it said May 1st, he would let me go through the boxes.. Well Soon he came out with a HUGE cart filled with over 30 cases of Indy toys.

That's how I got my Spalko and Ugha Warrior.

drwynn

tnswman -

Our nearby Target must be listening to customer complaints...

My girl just called me while she was there shopping to report; "Hey, Target has a TON of 'Indy' figures out now! Need me to get anything for you?"

So...I'm having her pick up a couple of extras...

But...downside; Target's pricepoint per figure is $7.49! Ouch! Maybe only a couple from there...and the rest from Wal-Mart and TRU!!

Last edited:

The_Raiders

drwynn said:
tnswman -

Our nearby Target must be listening to customer complaints...

My girl just called me while she was there shopping to report; "Hey, Target has a TON of 'Indy' figures out now! Need me to get anything for you?"

So...I'm having her pick up a couple of extras...

But...downside; Target's pricepoint per figure is $7.49! Ouch! Maybe only a couple from there...and the rest from Wal-Mart and TRU!!

At wal-mart there price was $7.77, for a figure and $11.45 for a deluxe one.

bonoferox

6.84 is the norm I'm seeing

Target have had a price increase on nearly all action figures recently.

GIJoes used to be 5.99 and went up to 6.49 each. SW went up as well.

drwynn

bonoferox said:
Your girl is awesome and you must never let her go...

Oh...trust me, I'm well aware of how friggin' incredible she is! I've known this for 9 years now!...

Thanks for the compliment about her...

GeorgeL

Try gas prices. EVERYTHING will be going up. Semi's/Rigs/Tractor Trailers get about 6 miles per gallon. At $5.00 a gallon in the northeast you can bet your behind all retail will be affected. Just for example: limes used to be 3 for $1 at the grocery store. Now they are $.79 each.

Get rid of these "save the wildlife" jerks in alaska and start drilling. The only way gas is going down is if we start producing it in the states.

drwynn

Not to get too off-topic here but...the "save the wildlife" people may have a different opinion than you...but, come on, calling them "jerks" hardly seems fair.

Not trying to start a fight... Just saying, they may have a different viewpoint than you...but, they're standing up for what they believe in and at least, by "normal" standards, they're supporting something "good".

At least they're not out there saying something like "Kill the elderly!" Then, you could cal them "jerks"...and rightfully so, I think.

The_Raiders

Ha, I wish they were that cheap here :p and about the wildlife alaska thing, there's no wildlife where I live, I'm in the middle of a big city, and I don't know any wildlife people :p

tnswman

GeorgeL said:
Try gas prices. EVERYTHING will be going up. Semi's/Rigs/Tractor Trailers get about 6 miles per gallon. At $5.00 a gallon in the northeast you can bet your behind all retail will be affected. Just for example: limes used to be 3 for $1 at the grocery store. Now they are $.79 each.

Get rid of these "save the wildlife" jerks in alaska and start drilling. The only way gas is going down is if we start producing it in the states.

AMEN BROTHER!! they Drill in EVERY state in the USA that has known Oil.. so what is so special about 2000 Acres in Alaska? Other than keeping the d@mn Arabs happy, NOTHING!!

The lack of common sense by these Economist goons is staggering!!

2000 acres worth of drills in the 2nd largest State in America will gain us HUNDREDS of years of oil....WOW!! why would we EVER think of doing that?

OmegaSeamaster

How much are the 12" figures? I heard they were $30 each.

I just want the 12" Ark more than any of the figures to put on my pinball machine. I wish they sold it separately.

Currently I have the tiny one from the Kenner 1981 "Well of the Souls" playset up there and you can barely notice it.

tnswman

drwynn said:
Not to get too off-topic here but...the "save the wildlife" people may have a different opinion than you...but, come on, calling them "jerks" hardly seems fair.

Not trying to start a fight... Just saying, they may have a different viewpoint than you...but, they're standing up for what they believe in and at least, by "normal" standards, they're supporting something "good".

At least they're not out there saying something like "Kill the elderly!" Then, you could cal them "jerks"...and rightfully so, I think.

These gas prices are Killing the elderly...When they can't afford Milk or eggs thanks to the Gas costs...Does that help turn you against them LOL

drwynn

tnswman said:
These gas prices are Killing the elderly...When they can't afford Milk or eggs thanks to the Gas costs...Does that help turn you against them LOL

Hey, gas prices are making it difficult for my life as well. Does it make me "turn against" someone for believing in a cause? No...

Do I disagree with them? To some degree, yes. But, I wouldn't insult them for their beliefs or hold anything against them personally. Sorry.

I'm not trying to start a war here...or sound holier-than-thou. I guess my point is this; just because I disagree with someone or something they've said doesn't mean I have to dislike them, "turn against them", or insult them. It just means I disagree with them, that's all.

tnswman

OmegaSeamaster said:
How much are the 12" figures? I heard they were $30 each.

I just want the 12" Ark more than any of the figures to put on my pinball machine. I wish they sold it separately.

Currently I have the tiny one from the Kenner 1981 "Well of the Souls" playset up there and you can barely notice it.

They are $20 at WM

tnswman

drwynn said:
Hey, gas prices are making it difficult for my life as well. Does it make me "turn against" someone for believing in a cause? No...

Do I disagree with them? To some degree, yes. But, I wouldn't insult them for their beliefs or hold anything against them personally. Sorry.

Not saying you should, Justthat something REAL needs to be done. Drilling in ALASKA is REAL....and not a 20 year vision.