General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Hanselation

Comicon 2010

Did someone who was at the ComicCon 2010 get informations about Indy 5?
Did George Lucas mention the status of his work on Indy 5?

EddyW

Wow, it's awfully quiet in here. Nothing worth mentioning? Not even a question asked at one of the panels or anything?

Willie

I personally would like to see a fifth Indy film. So many possibilities and ideas. They could bring Short Round and Willie Scott back. A sequel to the prequel in the Indy movie series TOD. ;)

Dr.Sartorius

Word from Comic-Con:

"George Lucas is prepping a draft of an outline for Indy 5 mcguffin." Says, "I have an idea for a mcguffin." "We're all very excited about this mcguffin."

Indy's brother

Dr.Sartorius said:
Word from Comic-Con:

"George Lucas is prepping a draft of an outline for Indy 5 mcguffin." Says, "I have an idea for a mcguffin." "We're all very excited about this mcguffin."

Ditto on the link!!!

What is your source?:whip:

EddyW

But that means we're practically still stuck at the mcguffin stage right? Or does it mean that the draft will possibly get passed on to a scriptwriter soon and finally get a script done?

Indy's brother

EddyW said:
But that means we're practically still stuck at the mcguffin stage right? Or does it mean that the draft will possibly get passed on to a scriptwriter soon and finally get a script done?

September 14, 2009
Ford:
"The story for the new Indiana Jones is in the process of taking form. Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and myself are agreed on what the fifth adventure will concern, and George is actively at work. If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again."

If the recent quote is legit, (along with this one from almost a year ago) it means that the artifact and general plot are basically decided. The next step is hiring a writer. :cool:

I'd like to think that they are further along than Lucas is letting on, but I think it would be hard to hide the fact that a writer has been hired.....but then again, what do I know? If they keep Koepp, then it could be as hush-hush as they want I suppose....

kevster

Mungi said:
Nope. There was one question for him when he was on stage, that's what's mentioned in the article. Nothing about Indy.

But hey, at least we will get another action spectacle with him(y) .

Thanks for clearing that up :p

But I want a new Indy adventure!

Texas

Dr.Sartorius said:
Word from Comic-Con:

No link yet?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Fellas, and I'm open to being corrected, but I think the good doctor is having a little fun with the usual form these announcements come in. Doing a bit of spoofing, yes?

Dr. Gonzo

Attila the Professor said:
Fellas, and I'm open to being corrected, but I think the good doctor is having a little fun with the usual form these announcements come in. Doing a bit of spoofing, yes?

This doctor concurs.

Grizzlor

Very strange that Harrison just kind of was whisked in and out of Comic Con and said next to nothing to the assembled masses.