TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-07-2016, 12:14 PM   #76
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Re: Shia interview linked by Mo

You're not Brando, dude, not even effin close - get over it.

Hope that's not too strong, he really needs a dose of reality.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:42 PM   #77
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
He got inked with 12 tattoos while making the film, which drove his director crazy, because she didn’t want her star showing up looking different in every scene. The memories of “American Honey” are now forever engraved on LaBeouf’s arms, neck, and both of his knees, which feature matching portraits of Missy Elliott. “I don’t love Missy Elliott like I wanna get two Missy Elliott tattoos,” LaBeouf says. “But you’re in a tattoo parlor, and” — he shrugs — “peer pressure.”
Is this what people in AA do? When you quit smoking, it's sunflower seeds.

He's not as petulant as Megan Fox, but I really think his Spielberg era is over except maybe for cameos. Maybe try the daughter idea next time.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #78
Pale Horse

He may not be Brando, but if the rumors are true that Actor Louis Stevens created Shia Labeouf, to perpetuate his ongoing performance art project, then WOW. He's better than we all think.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:53 PM   #79
Moedred
Administrator

For everyone who wanted to send Mutt to Vietnam, here's jarhead Shia:

Old 11-18-2016, 02:06 PM   #80
Moedred
Administrator

The saga continues.
Quote:
I probably coulda gone lighter on Spielberg. That was probably something I should’ve backed off of, but my feelings are real. Dude gave me a lot of opportunities, though. And that’s on me.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:37 PM   #81
Z dweller
IndyFan

"I probably coulda gone lighter on Spielberg. That was probably something I should’ve backed off of, but my feelings are real. Dude gave me a lot of opportunities, though. And that’s on me."

Old 11-18-2016, 09:05 PM   #82
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
"I probably coulda gone lighter on Spielberg. That was probably something I should’ve backed off of, but my feelings are real. Dude gave me a lot of opportunities, though. And that’s on me."

I don't get that reaction. It's been years, plenty of time for him to feel legitimate regret and remorse about how things went.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:19 AM   #83
Z dweller
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
I don't get that reaction. It's been years, plenty of time for him to feel legitimate regret and remorse about how things went.
Half xxxed regret does not erase hubris, in my book.

He was, and still is, an attention-seeking egomanic, with modest acting talent.

He'll be running for president one day, mark my words.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:38 PM   #84
Gear
IndyFan

LaBeouf makes a better target than the Arab Swordsman.
I usually don't side with establishment, but I'm seein' more with Attilla on this one. Don't forget, Shia' s been messed with by Hollywood since things were Even Steven.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:57 PM   #85
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Fury proved to me LaBeouf's adult talent -- and when you tack on his purported exceptional performance in Man Down, you cannot dismiss LaBeouf out of hand.

LaBeouf may be no Brando -- but he's certainly more than a Val Kilmer.

As for Spielberg, I've taken issue with him before and believe he lets his personal life (and personal agendas) mess with his films. I don't know who Spielberg was trying to stick it to more with what he did with KotCS: Lucas, the fans or LaBeouf, but I believe he was sticking it to someone -- all while having quality time with his family during the shooting.

That said, I'll say this about LaBeouf -- especially given his at-times erratic behavior post KotCS: continue to man-the-F-up.

No Marlon Brando, Harrison Ford or even James Dean would have done some of the (frankly) absurd stuff he was asked to do for KotCS (vine swinging etc.) -- especially bearing in mind that by the time LaBeouf shot KotCS, he was no newbie. So he shoulda walked (from KoTCS) -- career consequences be damned.

I'm glad to see that he's starting to own up to some of his past criticisms of Spielberg -- it would be great to see Spielberg step up a little himself.

Last edited by Joe Brody : 11-20-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:22 PM   #86
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Brody
I'm glad to see that he's starting to own up to some of his past criticisms of Spielberg -- it would be great to see Spielberg step up a little himself.

I really like the cut of your jib.

Makes rereading This Article all the more poignant:
Old 11-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #87
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
Is this what people in AA do? When you quit smoking, it's sunflower seeds.

Just caught this, LOL:

Old 03-12-2017, 08:12 PM   #88
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Shia, Shia, Shia . . .

We love you buddy -- vine swinging and Uncle Steve slamming notwithstanding -- so if you need help on the protest front, check in with us instead of your artsy pals, y'hear?
Old 03-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #89
Gear
IndyFan

Hahaha.. The flag needed a Safe Space.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:16 AM   #90
AustrianGoodbye
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear
Hahaha.. The flag needed a Safe Space.

Shia is a washed up actor with great potential, Fury was his best film.

He should stay out of politics and stick to being a role model.

His "Just DO IT" video is evidence how far this apple fell from the tree...
AustrianGoodbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:14 PM   #91
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustrianGoodbye
He should stay out of politics and stick to being a role model.

I suspect he thinks those two don't really go together, though I also don't think he's interested in being a role model type. He hasn't been in the past.

Last edited by Attila the Professor : 03-23-2017 at 12:23 PM.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:53 AM   #92
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
As for Spielberg, I've taken issue with him before and believe he lets his personal life (and personal agendas) mess with his films. I don't know who Spielberg was trying to stick it to more with what he did with KotCS: Lucas, the fans or LaBeouf, but I believe he was sticking it to someone -- all while having quality time with his family during the shooting.

Can you elaborate on this point please?

In so far as:

1) What do you mean by "what he did with KOTCS"?
2) What makes you think he was trying to "stick it" to someone
3) Stick what, precisely? Are you suggesting that he had a certain bitterness about doing the film - a conscious or subconscious passive-aggressiveness about having to make a film he didn't want to make?
4) If it follows that he was trying to "stick it" or prove some point to someone, how did he do it to Lucas? Since in the end by agreeing to direct the film he basically acceded to Lucas' wishes in terms of the direction for a fourth film; how did he do it to the fans, when in making the film he acceded to most of the fanbase's desire for more;
5) Lastly, how did he stick it to Shia? Casting him in Indy, vine swinging scenes aside, only helped his wallet and his career by co-starring in what was - fan reaction aside - a blockbuster film.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #93
Pale Horse

Shia thriller sells ONE ticket

Come on kiddo, get it together.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:12 AM   #94
WilliamBoyd8
IndyFan

Tanned, fit, and rested, ready for Indy V.

WilliamBoyd8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:36 PM   #95
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Can you elaborate on this point please?

In so far as:

1) What do you mean by "what he did with KOTCS"?
2) What makes you think he was trying to "stick it" to someone
3) Stick what, precisely? Are you suggesting that he had a certain bitterness about doing the film - a conscious or subconscious passive-aggressiveness about having to make a film he didn't want to make?
4) If it follows that he was trying to "stick it" or prove some point to someone, how did he do it to Lucas? Since in the end by agreeing to direct the film he basically acceded to Lucas' wishes in terms of the direction for a fourth film; how did he do it to the fans, when in making the film he acceded to most of the fanbase's desire for more;
5) Lastly, how did he stick it to Shia? Casting him in Indy, vine swinging scenes aside, only helped his wallet and his career by co-starring in what was - fan reaction aside - a blockbuster film.

Let me re-watch Munich and get back to you. Put simply, I assume (extreme) negative intent when a guy goes from making a film like Munich to the steaming pile that is KotCS. Though I do like the way you put #3 -- I don't think i can say it much better (and I would say Spielberg was acting consciously).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Shia thriller sells ONE ticket

Come on kiddo, get it together.

The article overlooked Fury but agreed.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:25 AM   #96
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Let me re-watch Munich and get back to you. Put simply, I assume (extreme) negative intent when a guy goes from making a film like Munich to the steaming pile that is KotCS. Though I do like the way you put #3 -- I don't think i can say it much better (and I would say Spielberg was acting consciously).

The article overlooked Fury but agreed.

I still don't get why you'd blame Spielberg. It wasn't THAT bad of a film IMO. But Spielberg didn't write the script. He just realized the clock was ticking on making an Indy film with Harrison, realized George would never budge on his idea, and signed on for the fans' sake. He didn't really HAVE to do KOTCS if he didn't want to, I mean, it wouldn't have killed him or his career to not direct an Indy movie...He could've easily been an executive producer, sat back and said "Okay George, do your thing, but I'm not directing it." He could have easily really stuck it to Lucas by not directing it, because then Lucas would've taken the full blame for KOTCS' weaknesses. Instead, you have South Park showing both Spielberg AND Lucas raping Indy. I don't think Steven was spiteful enough to cut off his own nose just to spite George. He just made do what with he could in a situation that he didn't want to be in. If you recall, he even defended George publicly by saying that some of the less-desired elements like the nuclear fridge were his idea, not George's. If I'm feeling passive-aggressive, and I'm wanting to screw over someone, I'm not going to defend them and drag myself through the mud while doing so. Makes no sense.

While I do think Spielberg did feel a bit resentful toward Lucas and just kind of put up his hands and said 'whatever' I don't think he purposefully sabotaged the film. I think he just the least amount of effort on his part, and viewed it as a vacation with his family. But even if Spielberg had put 1000% of his effort in, I don't think KOTCS would've been so much different. The script was going to be the same regardless because it's what George wanted it to be, and the script is the film's weak point I feel. And at the time, George had the final word. He turned down what I feel was a much superior script (City of Gods) that Steven actually really loved. What could Steven really do at that point? He didn't want to let the fans down but at the same time I don't think he wanted to be there. It was a tough position to be in. Lose-lose, really.

Last edited by Raiders112390 : 04-08-2017 at 05:31 AM.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:57 AM   #97
Kai Hagen
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
It wasn't THAT bad of a film IMO.
The vine swinging and the domestic dispute ruined what was supposed to be a tense action scene. I lost interest in the movie after that as all the suspense with the villains were gone away. Maybe I'll remember the good parts if I watch it again.
Kai Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:47 PM   #98
Moedred
Administrator

This year's other tennis movie, not about Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs, is Borg/McEnroe. Shia gets to yell "the ball was on the line!"
Old 07-10-2017, 01:09 PM   #99
Moedred
Administrator

In Savannah, Georgia filming "The Peanut Butter Falcon."

TMZ has an odd little video of Shia and his handlers who walk the line between doing anything and getting fired.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/08/shia-l...t-drunk-public
Quote:
Cops say early Saturday morning, Shia approached someone for a cigarette. When the person said no, they say he started swearing in front of women and kids. He was told to leave but refused and became aggressive toward an officer. When the cop tried to arrest Shia, the actor ran to a nearby hotel. He was arrested in the lobby and continued being unruly.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #100
Z dweller
IndyFan

Maybe we ought to rename this thread The Shia Shenanigans Show...