TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-24-2016, 06:53 AM   #76
Moedred
Administrator

http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/Marhala_Bar
Marhala Bar? Also seen on a napkin in the Lost Journal.

The Raven's Nest and KotCS diner aren't so exotic, but could show up.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #77
JasonMa
IndyFan

Grat ideas here. I hope some of them show up.

The bar currently has travel posters on the walls for Iskenderun and Pankot Palace as well.

BTW as far as pins go my wife is a collector of Disney pins. She owns approximately 10,000 which is why I wanted to add the Jock's coasters to the collection.
JasonMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:23 PM   #78
dr.jones1986
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
There's also, for Last Crusade, the option of the cafe in Venice, but Europe is pretty well-represented in these so far, and the zeppelin would have the advantage of being in keeping with the aviation theme.

I was thinking about Venice but we never see any of the characters order a drink there unlike the other places I mentioned.
dr.jones1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:30 AM   #79
Crack that whip
IndyFan

Arrow

I got to glimpse this place as it was under construction last year, while I was in Orlando for an annual gaming convention my wife and I attend each year; next week I'll finally get to actually visit it as it's open. I'm looking forward to it!
Crack that whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:22 PM   #80
JasonMa
IndyFan

Ok, which one of you guys took my list and made an article out of it?

http://www.mainstgazette.com/2016/07/air-tours.html
Old 09-10-2016, 04:58 AM   #81
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
That said, I'm holding out for the recently announced (and nearly lost in the D23 hoopla) Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen!

We've been hyping the idea of an interconnected pulp universe over at the World Famous Jungle Cruise Movie thread, but in keeping with the extended theme of this thread, the aforementioned Skipper Canteen updated its menu earlier this summer! And after opening with a fairly adventurous menu for an American theme park, I was certain it would feature an ample amount of burgers and corn dogs. Maybe a turkey leg.

But, no, Disney opted to double down on its 'exotic' fare. While there certainly crowd pleasers like the grilled steak, it's the lionfish that sticks out. Yes, lion fish. That's certainly one way to rid yourself of an invasive species.

Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #82
Pale Horse

You...eat that?
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #83
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
You...eat that?

I'm astonished there's any expectation that any whole fish will sell in the parks, much less the notably spiky lionfish. I'm pretty impressed, especially considering this is still the menu at Epcot's American pavilion.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:35 AM   #84
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
You...eat that?

People do. Just not Disney World's target demographic which is why, like the Professor stated, it's so astonishing to see it served in the park. But with this menu update and the opening of Tiffin's in the Animal Kingdom, Disney has at least made an effort in diversifying its offerings from burgers and chicken fingers.

Now I want to try one of those night monkeys.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:01 PM   #85
JasonMa
IndyFan

Made it to Jock's on my trip last week. Had a Hovito Mojito to add that glass to my collection. Also filled out my collection of coasters to get the complete set of 8.

Bar was busier than it was the prior trip though in this case it was mid-day Sunday, not mid-week.

Tried to see if they would sell me a menu book but no go. Maybe next time.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:00 PM   #86
Attila the Professor

Menus for happy hour and seasonal offerings have been posted by Disney Springs. Mac has a menu item!

None of these really broaden the place's geographic stretch, but that Thanksgiving flatbread is a nice departure from the usual turkey/stuffing/gravy/cranberry rendition on a Thanksgiving sandwich.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:01 AM   #87
DeepSixFix
IndyFan

Quote:
You...eat that?
Lionfish is delicious. Nice white meat. I was surprised at how good it is. One of the best fish I have ever tasted. When I had it in the Florida Keys it wasn't served with the spikes, though.
DeepSixFix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #88
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Collectible enthusiasts might want to stop by the 28 & Main site for the first official Hangar Bar shirt! It's kinda pricey at thirty-seven bucks, but completion-ists gotta have it.*

The first batch of merchandise can be viewed here.

* --All sizes except small appear to be sold out at the moment.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #89
JasonMa
IndyFan

Even as a completion-ist I had to stop at that price tag. I wouldn't even want my father-in-law (who gets a discount) to pay the discounted price to get me it as a gift.

Too bad, because they have a number of great shirts. Schweitzer Falls, Jungle Cruise, Adventurer's Club, and Shrunken Ned would all be in my collection if they were like half the price (I do have the Shrunken Ned image on my iPhone case through their print-on-demand service).
Old 05-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #90
JasonMa
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Speaking of Hawaii...somewhere in the bar is a dinosaur tooth given to Jock by the "Jurassic Park"* character, John Hammond, for flying him to Hawaii.

*The Spielberg connection & the owning of ILM are the only excuses for this non-Disney nonsense.
Looking back through this thread I saw this and realized the "rest of the story" hadn't been told. I'm sure many hear have heard it but in case you haven't:

Everyone here (presumably) knows the story of how Fred Sorenson got the role as Jock Lindsey in Raiders. Fred would later fly Spielberg's team around Hawaii for Jurassic Park as well. The filming of Jurassic Park was interrupted by hurricane Inki. After it passed over Kaua'i a helicopter was sent out to pick up Spielberg and other cast members. Sorensen was the pilot of the helicopter.

So the tooth is a nod to "Jock" saving "Hammond".