Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 09-05-2017, 03:14 AM   #226
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
They should just ignore Mutt do not even mention him again. I was not bothered about Shia in KOTCS he did ok but was also a disposable character. Lets face it if the actor did not insult Spielberg then he would have been in Indy 5 but I am sure Spielberg will find plenty of willing actors to have that quality screen time with Harrison instead!

Still until this is shooting I am not holding my breath though other high profile films have been cancelled closer to production than this. Hopefully Blade Runner 2049 confirms Harrison's box office draw next month then I think Indy 5 will start shooting early 2018 with pre production late 2017
I didn't mind Shia and If he wasn't a loose canon getting arrested all the time I would want him to return but He Is unpredictable you never know when he Is going to get drunk and punch out a cop. Also In almost every subsequent Indy film none of the characters return except Marcus Brody returns In Last crusade and his Statue in Indy 4, Salah returns In Last Crusade, and Marion returns In Indy 4 so If this holds True no Marion In Indy 5 but Marion and Mutt could return in a possible Indy 6, just a Guess on my part I am probably wrong.
DARTH ZOIDBERG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:59 AM   #227
Dene
IndyFan

Surely it's highly significant that the one piece of information David Koepp was allowed to share is that Shia LaBeouf won't be in the movie?

And I betcha this was the first LaBeouf knew about it too.

Is it possible the 'Berg isn't pleased with him?
Dene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:23 AM   #228
The Man
IndyFan

Would it be excessively churlish for the script to feature a throwaway line about Mutt - and Marion - contracting a virulent strain of monkeypox?

"Oh, that's...tragic. Ahem..."
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:49 AM   #229
AndyLGR
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
They should just ignore Mutt do not even mention him again. I was not bothered about Shia in KOTCS he did ok but was also a disposable character. Lets face it if the actor did not insult Spielberg then he would have been in Indy 5 but I am sure Spielberg will find plenty of willing actors to have that quality screen time with Harrison instead!

Still until this is shooting I am not holding my breath though other high profile films have been cancelled closer to production than this. Hopefully Blade Runner 2049 confirms Harrison's box office draw next month then I think Indy 5 will start shooting early 2018 with pre production late 2017
I agree on Mutt. They don't need to carry over any baggage from previous films and for me that could hamper new adventures if hes along for the whole film.

Blade Runner 2 is an interesting one, the original certainly wasn't a box office draw but gained a real cult following with home video in the 80's. So I wonder what the studio expect this new one to do at the box office and what determines it as a success for them.
AndyLGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:31 AM   #230
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I didn't mind Mutt's character but I'm also fine with him being left out of this one. Make Indy the main focus and keep the adventure party much smaller this time.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:44 AM   #231
Randy_Flagg
IndyFan

Since Mutt's out, maybe Indy 5 will focus on Indy's grandchildren. How cool would it be if Indy has three grand-kids with him on an adventure, aged 4, 6 and 8? And they could be constantly upstaging Indy, too. Think how hilarious it would be if we see Indy being terrified by a snake, and then the four-year old granddaughter just picks it up and says, "Grandpa, you're such a scaredy-cat!" And then when Indy can't figure out how to locate the lost artifact, the 6-year old grandson figures it out for him. The 8-year old could help Indy when he's being beaten by the obligatory large henchman ("Take THAT, you tuna-head!" he could yell and he uses a slingshot to knock out the henchman, just as the henchman is about to beat Indy to a pulp.) These sorts of things would make Indy 5 spectacular!!

[/sarcasm]
Randy_Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:47 PM   #232
JasonMa
IndyFan

If it means David Tennant gets a supporting role in the movie I might be up for it
JasonMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #233
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
Koepp says "we've got a script we're mostly happy with" and is hoping Spielberg chooses to shoot it as his next project.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/09/04/indi...not-returning/

No one contacted me about the Tree of Life, so we can scratch that off the McGuffin list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Flagg
How cool would it be if Indy has three grand-kids with him on an adventure, aged 4, 6 and 8? And they could be constantly upstaging Indy, too. Think how hilarious it would be if we see Indy being terrified by a snake, and then the four-year old granddaughter just picks it up and says, "Grandpa, you're such a scaredy-cat!"

Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:07 PM   #234
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMa
If it means David Tennant gets a supporting role in the movie I might be up for it

That would actually be pretty cool. Seeing him team up with a European rival or old acquaintance like that could be interesting.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:48 PM   #235
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Tenant as an upstart rival who turns out to be the villain would be cool. A golden boy young Archaeologist who is disrespectful to Indy and makes him look like an old, crude relic of the past; constantly undercutting Indy about his methods and such...who turns out to be a secret Nazi or in league with sinister forces. Something like that. Have his reveal as the villain come midway through ala Elsa. Think a more hands-on, but just as sophisticated Belloq. A guy who grew up wanting to be like Indy and ends up wanting to surpass him and resents him for it. Maybe a student or former student of Indy's.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:01 PM   #236
Moedred
Administrator

There should be more Karen Allen interviews this month.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/karen-a...-indiana-jones
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:34 PM   #237
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Tenant as an upstart rival who turns out to be the villain would be cool. A golden boy young Archaeologist who is disrespectful to Indy and makes him look like an old, crude relic of the past; constantly undercutting Indy about his methods and such...who turns out to be a secret Nazi or in league with sinister forces. Something like that. Have his reveal as the villain come midway through ala Elsa. Think a more hands-on, but just as sophisticated Belloq. A guy who grew up wanting to be like Indy and ends up wanting to surpass him and resents him for it. Maybe a student or former student of Indy's.

I think Ive been saying this before but an old/former student of Indy would be great. This way Indy could be questioning himself if it was a failing of himself that his former student turned to evil or something.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:46 AM   #238
curmudgeon
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
What are he chances this will be Spielbergs next film? Could the release date be moved back up if so?

It's a pipe dream, but the news out of Star Wars Land that Episode IX is getting a rewrite and new director, has me wondering this as well.

Assuming they want to keep shooting their Lucas-branded films one at a time, moving a more ready Indy into the next production slot would certainly give them some extra time to sort out that mess.

Yes, yes, I know... wishful thinking...
curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:22 PM   #239
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon
It's a pipe dream, but the news out of Star Wars Land that Episode IX is getting a rewrite and new director, has me wondering this as well.

Assuming they want to keep shooting their Lucas-branded films one at a time, moving a more ready Indy into the next production slot would certainly give them some extra time to sort out that mess.

Yes, yes, I know... wishful thinking...

That would be amazing! Fingers crossed...
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #240
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I still don't understand why they can't have Indy and Star Wars out in the same year. Many people are fans of both franchises and I seriously doubt Disney would lose money having their two biggest franchises out within six months of each other.

I'd be perfectly fine with them delaying Episode IX for a few months to push Indy ahead. Time is of the essence with that one.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #241
hismasterplan
IndyFan

If I had a say, they would slow down Star Wars a year or two before putting stress on the writers and production. Green light Indy 5 to build interest in that franchise for a reboot or continuation, then SW Episode IX.
hismasterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #242
IndyForever
IndyFan

Indy 5 would be more welcome than yet another Star Wars sequel at that time. I think Star Wars as conceived by Disney is going to sooner or later cook the golden goose (which Indy will steal with his trusty whip ).

Blade Runner 2049 is also going to further cement Harrisons ongoing global box office appeal!
IndyForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #243
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Today JJ Abrams was announced to both write and direct Star Wars Episode 9, as well as the release date for the film officially moved from May 2019 to December 20, 2019.

Could Indiana Jones be moved back up to 2019 because of this?
Old 09-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #244
IndyForever
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
Today JJ Abrams was announced to both write and direct Star Wars Episode 9, as well as the release date for the film officially moved from May 2019 to December 20, 2019.

Could Indiana Jones be moved back up to 2019 because of this?
Hope so who cares for more Star Wars when Spielberg is still willing to make an Indy 5 with Harrison, John Williams & his usual post production team
Old 09-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #245
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

Fingers crossed. It makes a lot of sense to slot this back for Summer 2019, which was the original plan.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:10 PM   #246
Face_Palm
IndyFan

No mention of Indy yet but a few Disney films are being shuffled around:

http://collider.com/aladdin-release-date/
Old 09-13-2017, 02:40 PM   #247
Dene
IndyFan

New interview with Ford in GQ. He "hopes [Indy 5] might happen in the second half of next year".
Dene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:29 PM   #248
IndyForever
IndyFan

Thumbs up

Nice typical Ford quote from that GQ interview:

"I ask him what this new Indiana Jones movie will need to be in order to have him fully engaged."

“Funded,” he replies.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #249
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene
New interview with Ford in GQ. He "hopes [Indy 5] might happen in the second half of next year".

Wow, GREAT interview!! And great pictures of Ford!
Old 09-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #250
IndyForever
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene
The GQ video at the bottom of the interview @ 1:25 mark has a specific question about Indy 5 but Ford declines to comment at all something about can you say about Indy at this stage of his life & what he's up to with a deadpan "err no"

Man of few words lets hope he is saving all his energy for his presumably final Indy movie