TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #51
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
WTF guys, you talk about me like I can't even hear you.
*wipes royal gore off of self*
And I'm sure that I have no idea what you are talking about. Un an unrelated note, I'm on my way to to Wendy's®, back in a few

Rocket, stay very still and don't make a sound. The IB series of Terminators can only detect movement. It's the IDB series with the crystal skulls we really have to worry about...

Oh, he heard me!


Er, have with Wendy, er at Wendy's. Whatever...



Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #52
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
WTF guys, you talk about me like I can't even hear you.
*wipes royal gore off of self*
And I'm sure that I have no idea what you are talking about. Un an unrelated note, I'm on my way to to Wendy's®, back in a few
Remember extra ketchup! No cups...PACKETS.

Montana, last time he came back from a food run the ketchup had spilled in the bag, don't ask about the bones.

Allas poor Wendy, I knew her...

Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #53
Indy's brother
IndyFan
 
Indy's brother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In the Map Room playing with a laser pointer
Posts: 3,029
Here's a small one from the 2008 New York Comic-Con, anyone got one of these?:









One thing they nailed in particular were the crystalline faults/cracks in the thing. I don't know exactly how big it is, but it's pretty dinky.
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #54
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,616
Check out this Sideshow Freaks thread for the ongoing progress of a 1:1 scale alien crystal skull.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #55
Indy's brother
IndyFan
 
Indy's brother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In the Map Room playing with a laser pointer
Posts: 3,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Check out this Sideshow Freaks thread for the ongoing progress of a 1:1 scale alien crystal skull.

Outstanding:



I'm guessing that there's no new pics up because of the difficulties of rotocasting clear resin with few bubbles. I read once that in KOTCS they had to digitally remove quite a few bubbles in the cast in post production. The jaw looks great because it's cast as a solid piece, but it still has the bubbles in it, negligible as they are. I'll be following this one, regardless. It's a hell of a sculpt, especially the detail on the teeth.
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #56
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
Outstanding:

I'm guessing that there's no new pics up because of the difficulties of rotocasting clear resin with few bubbles. I read once that in KOTCS they had to digitally remove quite a few bubbles in the cast in post production. The jaw looks great because it's cast as a solid piece, but it still has the bubbles in it, negligible as they are. I'll be following this one, regardless. It's a hell of a sculpt, especially the detail on the teeth.

It's going to be one hell of a prop if he manages to pull it off.

Your 1:1 crystal skull was impressive, too!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #57
Howlrunner
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
It'll be an amazing prop once it's done, but I'm yet to see someone make a 1:1 version that hasn't been slapped with a C&D order.
Howlrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #58
Indy's brother
IndyFan
 
Indy's brother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In the Map Room playing with a laser pointer
Posts: 3,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
It's going to be one hell of a prop if he manages to pull it off.

Your 1:1 crystal skull was impressive, too!

Thanks, Montana! Yeah, I love mine, but I have some issues with it concerning clarity and the resin that was left in each rotocast to settle in various areas inside rather than draining it. This guy did a better job with his cast already with the jaw. I've been researching like crazy ever since I got mine to figure out a way to replicate the look myself. It takes quite a bit, and it ain't cheap. I'd really like to see these guys pull it off!
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.