TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 10-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #101
Indyfan82
IndyFan

Haha- awesome! I've heard tales of that infamous E.T. burial. I've played E.T. for Atari 2600 too- I actually think it's one of the better Atari games I've played personally.
Indyfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #102
jsarino
IndyFan

The two I have are a demo of Indiana Jones Desktop Adventures (PC), and LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (PS3)

jsarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #103
Indyfan82
IndyFan

I never really got into the Lego Indy games, but I suppose I should give them a try sometime...they look like they could be fun- but I get the feeling it's a bit of a comedy-action-adventure type game. (Not quite outright parody, I don't think- but it's definitely a lighthearted take on the Indiana Jones movies.) Does that sound about accurate for those who have played these games? Do they have any original material in the games that could count towards canon?
Old 10-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #104
micsteam
IndyFan

The Lego games are quite a lot of fun but yes very sarcastic, they pull orchestrations from the movies which give them a certain authenticity, I enjoy them to an extent... they're really for kids. I think the best game out there is Emperor's Tomb, it was made by Lucasarts and it has a lot of the Indyesque' fight moves, gun sounds, all around feel of Indiana Jones from the movies.
micsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #105
Indyfan82
IndyFan

Okay, that's kind of what I thought then. Thanks for the info. Speaking of Emperor's Tomb, I still need to play through that game on the PC. Sadly, it has been so long since I've regularly played any video games....
Old 10-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #106
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by micsteam
I think the best game out there is Emperor's Tomb, it was made by Lucasarts and it has a lot of the Indyesque' fight moves, gun sounds, all around feel of Indiana Jones from the movies.
ET being considered one of the better Indy games out there really tells us more about the sad state of the man of the hat on this particular medium than strengths of said game.

The combat mechanics are solid - but that's about the only thing the game has going its way. There is no sense of exploration with such tiny levels, and the story is a jumbling mess that even manages to contradict the movie lore. If one is an Indy fan and a completionist, it's a fair experience, I guess, but there are things far more worthy of being played out there - even by using the standards in effect when the game first came out.

The best Indy game by and far is the Fate of Atlantis, so much that I'd be willing to call this a fact rather than subjective opinion. Which happens to make it yet another indicator of the sad state of Indy gaming, since said game is more than two decades old.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #107
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan

Lego Indy The Original Adventures and Staff Of Kings.
Indy1Jones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:11 PM   #108
mrman7
IndyFan

The good ones

I've got The Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis (adventure game versions), Desktop Adventures, the SNES game, Emperor's Tomb, Staff of Kings, Infernal Machine and the first Lego game for Wii. Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis are the ones I play the most. In fact, I only bought Staff of Kings so I could play Fate on my TV.
mrman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:43 AM   #109
IndyGamer
IndyFan

If you own a Wii or Ps2 I say get Staff of Kings. It's the most 'realistic to the movies' Indy game out there.

It's actually quite good. As in, the $50 cost of the Wii and the game are worth it.
IndyGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:33 AM   #110
TheFedora
IndyFan

I own Lego Indiana jones 2, and I never really got 100 percent of the way through it sadly.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #111
Raiders Remake
IndyFan

Both Lego Indy games and (oh God) Staff of Kings. .
Raiders Remake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #112
micsteam
IndyFan

I bought a PS2 just to play Staff of Kings ..... it was absolutely HORRIBLE !! Game play, visuals, everything stunk !!! The preview trailer, which is on youtube, was fantastic !! But the game never lived up to the projection, Lucas Arts gave up on it !
Old 04-29-2016, 09:01 AM   #113
Indyfan82
IndyFan

This may be discussed elsewhere already (and sorry if that's the case), but I was just thinking that maybe Indy 5 will bring about some new Indiana Jones video games?...... Maybe even rereleases of classics. It would be nice to see, for sure.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #114
micsteam
IndyFan

One can only hope !! The game graphics today are on par with actual movies and I'm hoping for a game that will live up to what Staff of Kings was projected to be.