Captain America: The First Avenger

Captain America didn't approve of Raiders!

cap268a.jpg

cap268b.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Nelligan

RaideroftheArk said:
Not to pick apart Will Smith...but he's not this type of actor...he could probably play a war veteran, but not this type...it's just wrong...and honestly, I think it would be too experimental for this type of character and maybe too much of a let down for the legion of Captain America fans who have been waiting for a decent Cap movie to come along. The movie wouldn't be about Cap and what he represents, it would be about Will Smith playing a part that was originally a white person's role.

I just think it would take too much away from the character.

As a boy it was hard for me to find superhereos to indetify with because I was blonde and all of the sups had dark hair. The only 2 blonde super heroes were Auqua Man and the Captain and it was hard to play Auqua Man in the back yard. I hope they stay true to the character, for blonde boys eveywhere! ;)

YouNeverKnow

|ZiR| said:
What the heck? When did Captain America get cool?! I love that look for him.

I know I'm quoting a much older post but Captain America has been consistently one of the better (best?) Marvel titles for quite a while now. So I would say he's been cool for round about 10 years.

I can't wait for IM2, Thor, and this to pan out. Kenneth Branagh directing Thor almost seems too good to be true.

Jack Nelligan said:
What about Brad Pitt? That would bring in the ladies!
NO NOT THAT HORRIFIC BRAD PITTSY guy, of all the things to say. I love Captain America! I would love to see a Captain America film, i wish the man who did Superman Returns would do Captain America.

DocWhiskey

IndyWolf15 said:
I would love to see a Captain America film, i wish the man who did Superman Returns would do Captain America.

Bryan Singer?

That means that Captain America would just walk around, stalk women, and do a whole lot of nothing for 3 hours :p

But he did do a good job with the first 2 X-Men films.

Nurhachi1991

IndyWolf15 said:
NO NOT THAT HORRIFIC BRAD PITTSY guy, of all the things to say. I love Captain America! I would love to see a Captain America film, i wish the man who did Superman Returns would do Captain America.

That guy was a pansy...............

At least Brad Pitt was Lt Aldo Raine and was in the Natzi killing business

and Cousin buisness was a boomin

Perfect for CA

kongisking

Rocket Surgeon said:

Are you flippin' kidding me? Steve actually saw (and dissed!:eek: ) Raiders in an official comic? How cool is that? Wow, this is a really neat suprise for me, as both a hardcore Indy and Cap fan!

DocWhiskey said:
Bryan Singer?

That means that Captain America would just walk around, stalk women, and do a whole lot of nothing for 3 hours :p

But he did do a good job with the first 2 X-Men films.
Oh come on he would do a great job, If you guys think Brady playboy Pitt guy you people have problems! And I mean it. If Brads in the film i will NOT WATCH IT, NOOOOOOOO WAYYY!

Nurhachi1991

IndyWolf15 said:
Oh come on he would do a great job, If you guys think Brady playboy Pitt guy you people have problems! And I mean it. If Brads in the film i will NOT WATCH IT, NOOOOOOOO WAYYY!

Than don't watch it

DocWhiskey

IndyWolf15 said:

Brad Pitt?

No way!

I'd like a virtual unknown as Cap, that way I SEE Captain America and juts not the actor.

DocWhiskey said:
Brad Pitt?

No way!

I'd like a virtual unknown as Cap, that way I SEE Captain America and juts not the actor.
I would love to see some one who we have never heard of as Captain America. Like Lucas did with Star Wars.

Jack Nelligan

IndyWolf15 said:
I would love to see some one who we have never heard of as Captain America. Like Lucas did with Star Wars.

I'm not sue an "undiscovered" actor would work these days as it did back in the 70's. Too much money is at stake for the studios to bet it all on an unknown.

What other Blonde actor besides Pitt would have the screen presence to pull off CA?

RedeemedChild

Jack Nelligan said:
I'm not sue an "undiscovered" actor would work these days as it did back in the 70's. Too much money is at stake for the studios to bet it all on an unknown.

What other Blonde actor besides Pitt would have the screen presence to pull off CA?

I don't care to much for Captain America. I'm hoping Marvel will push this film to the back burner and focus all their energies on Thor.

Jack Nelligan

RedeemedChild said:
I don't care to much for Captain America. I'm hoping Marvel will push this film to the back burner and focus all their energies on Thor.

Not sure how well a horned helmeted, hammer carrying, pelt wearing, superhero will work these days.

At least the Captain has the patriotic thing going for him, assuming patriotism is not completely dead!?!?!?

Le Saboteur

Thomas Jane anybody?

He's already got the physique and the look. Granted, he's not quite as lantern-jawed as Aaron Eckhart, but it works for me.

thomas_jane.jpg

11242255_gal.jpg

RedeemedChild

Le Saboteur, Thomas Jane is not that bad however I do think that Brandon Routh, Chris Pine or James Franco would make a great youthful Captain America.

However I really hope that Chris Pine will receive the role of Captain America.