Disney Infinity

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Star Wars joins 3.0 out this fall, and...
There are also sets based on Pixar’s Inside Out – with figures based on Joy, Disgust, Anger, Fear, and Sadness – and one from United Front Games (Sleeping Dogs) focused on Marvel characters including Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ultron, and more. Additional figures for Disney Infinity 3.0 include Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron: Legacy, Mulan, Olaf, and more.
...or maybe next year?

TheFedora

*Crosses fingers for an Indiana Jones inclusion* At the very least it would mean one more figure for us to collect.

EvilDevo

Bucket list, for sure, but I can't exactly achieve regular customer status.
Unless it's the first in a chain of restaurants...

mrman7

Definitely hoping for this

Disney might think Indy is too dark for the Infinity brand --- heart ripping, Nazi-killing, face melting and all that fun doesn't really jive well with Toy Story characters. But I'd be fine with a watered-down G-rated Indy. There's a serious dearth of decent Indy games and collectibles and this could really fill a sweet spot. If we do get an Indy Infinity, it will probably just be a figure and not a full playset but I think that would be fine. There's enough desert and jungle-themed building sets in the sandbox to create some fun environments for Indy to swing around in. I'd put this in the "unlikely" category for now but I'd definitely love to see this happen! :hat:

TheFedora

mrman7 said:
Disney might think Indy is too dark for the Infinity brand --- heart ripping, Nazi-killing, face melting and all that fun doesn't really jive well with Toy Story characters. But I'd be fine with a watered-down G-rated Indy. There's a serious dearth of decent Indy games and collectibles and this could really fill a sweet spot. If we do get an Indy Infinity, it will probably just be a figure and not a full playset but I think that would be fine. There's enough desert and jungle-themed building sets in the sandbox to create some fun environments for Indy to swing around in. I'd put this in the "unlikely" category for now but I'd definitely love to see this happen! :hat:

Agree slightly that Disney might see it as too dark to jive well. However they seem to do well marketing it in theme parks...so I dont see what the problem with 'dark' is anyway in that context. They could water him down to an adventurer...that could work. Again, it would most likely be a solitary Indy with no other figures or playset.

mrman7

TheFedora said:
Agree slightly that Disney might see it as too dark to jive well. However they seem to do well marketing it in theme parks...so I dont see what the problem with 'dark' is anyway in that context. They could water him down to an adventurer...that could work. Again, it would most likely be a solitary Indy with no other figures or playset.

Good points. I think they do manage to make the Indy brand fit in at Disneyland while keeping it dark. I do agree that they would water him down to just an "adventurer" more in the mold of Nick Cage's character in the Disney-produced National Treasure. That film is in the Indy mode and there's plenty of action but no real violence per se. No matter how they do it, I would definitely buy anything Indy-related that they release for the Infinity ecosystem. (y)

TheFedora

mrman7 said:
Good points. I think they do manage to make the Indy brand fit in at Disneyland while keeping it dark. I do agree that they would water him down to just an "adventurer" more in the mold of Nick Cage's character in the Disney-produced National Treasure. That film is in the Indy mode and there's plenty of action but no real violence per se. No matter how they do it, I would definitely buy anything Indy-related that they release for the Infinity ecosystem. (y)
Yeah, I can see him being more of an 'adventurer' in that vein. They have pirates of the Caribbean in Disney Infinity, and that has some amount of violence... But they might not if they dont have immediate large scale plans. For example, they made no solo figure for Darkwing Duck and relegated him to a NPC character in the game. So I fear they may do the same for Indy...

mrman7

TheFedora said:
They have pirates of the Caribbean in Disney Infinity, and that has some amount of violence...

Right, I think in terms of tone and content, the Pirates brand is probably closest to how they would do Indy. All I know is that it would be super awesome to put that new Han Solo Infinity figure they're releasing later this year together with an Indy figure and have them team up or even fight it out to finally answer the question of who would win in a quick draw shoot-out, Indy or Han! :gun: :dead:

TheFedora

mrman7 said:
Right, I think in terms of tone and content, the Pirates brand is probably closest to how they would do Indy. All I know is that it would be super awesome to put that new Han Solo Infinity figure they're releasing later this year together with an Indy figure and have them team up or even fight it out to finally answer the question of who would win in a quick draw shoot-out, Indy or Han! :gun: :dead:

I been checking, and I think honestly they would need to get at least one other period character to justify the setting. Right now I looked and they dont have the Rocketeer in Disney Infinity at all. A big oversight imo, and it fits the time period. I would suggest that they should introduce the Rocketeer and Indy at the same time.

Then we can see who will win in a fight. Han or Indy...

Or the Rocketeer and Boba Fett.(y)

mrman7

TheFedora said:
Or the Rocketeer and Boba Fett.(y)

THAT would be awesome. Always wished Disney had done more with the Rockeeter property, shame it didn't do better at the box office, I always have a lot of love for that flick. Now that they have the rights to Indy it would be great to see Indy, Cliff Secord and Cap'n America team up to fight Hydra! I definitely picked up the ReAction Rocketeer figure when that came out. The head sculpt is pretty bad (as most figures in that line are :mad: ) but the helmet and rocket pack were well sculpted.

TheFedora

mrman7 said:
THAT would be awesome. Always wished Disney had done more with the Rockeeter property, shame it didn't do better at the box office, I always have a lot of love for that flick. Now that they have the rights to Indy it would be great to see Indy, Cliff Secord and Cap'n America team up to fight Hydra! I definitely picked up the ReAction Rocketeer figure when that came out. The head sculpt is pretty bad (as most figures in that line are :mad: ) but the helmet and rocket pack were well sculpted.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Indy, Cliff and Cap are the three 1930's period properties they have and if they did that for Disney Infinity that would be epic. Would much rather have had Indy or Rocketeer for the period americana figures then the Lone Ranger ones...

Still need to pick up the ReAction rocketeer although im trying for the Legacy one. If Disney reboots the Indy comics ever I want them to do a Rocketeer/Indy team up.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
2013-2016.
Ends with Finding Dory next month.
Disney has scrapped its Disney Infinity-branded console games business, resulting in a $147 million charge against its fiscal-second quarter earnings.

Crack that whip

A great deal of the coverage of Disney Infinity's shuttering has focused on how Disney wants to get out of making its own games and transitioning to a licensing model. Lots of LEGO Dimensions fans are hoping that with Disney Infinity closing, Disney's properties can come into LEGO Dimensions.