Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Henry W Jones

Montana Smith said:
I hope this film obliterates the Prequels.

A lot of the EU was far better than the stuff Lucas decided to film. The books actually felt like they were telling stories from the Star Wars universe.

The last books I read were the Bounty Hunter Wars and A.C. Crsipin's Solo trilogy.

The EU of recent times has probably gone the way of the Prequels.

Not true. Since the prequels I have read several that were very good. Try "The Legacy of the Force" series. It was more in line with the OT.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Lad, we get it...he's old.

If you're going to keep going to that well could you put some effort into to the dig? Maybe make it funny?

Be the crank we all deserve and we need...

I didn't go there. Dubya posed the question.
gah1.gif

Henry W Jones said:
Not true. Since the prequels I have read several that were very good. Try "The Legacy of the Force" series. It was more in line with the OT.

I preferred the stories that avoided the Force. Smugglers, gunslingers, tyrants, heists on far-flung worlds, back stories about the background characters of Mos Eisley.

I tried to get through the Corellian Trilogy a couple of times, but gave up. Han, the missus and the Jedi kids. Maybe marriage wasn't such a good idea after all.

Last edited:
Montana Smith said:
I didn't go there. Dubya posed the question.
gah1.gif
Sorry, don't get too hung up on that bs...call him a girl for all I care. I look forward to your posts for a few reasons, I just want you to keep the quality higher than that!

That's EU drek!

...and "Splinter" DID suck!

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Sorry, don't get too hung up on that bs...call him a girl for all I care. I look forward to your posts for a few reasons, I just want you to keep the quality higher than that!

I'm sorry I'm just not attaining your exacting standards.
3631.gif

Rocket Surgeon said:
That's EU drek!

Splinter was the second best Star Wars novel Alan Dean Foster wrote. (I took one look at the cover of his third to make that decision).

Rocket Surgeon said:
Yea...my wife destroyed my 3TB external hard drive so I'm working through the loss. Thanks for your help.

Why didn't you say. I would have arranged the same funeral provided for Drifter's dearly departed machine.

1000px-Romero-GTA4-front.jpg

Henry W Jones

Rocket Surgeon said:

That's EU drek!

I think my question was valid. Everyone is against Ford as an older Indy but all for him to play grandpa Solo. Han Solo is an action character as well and is not just a driver of the Millennium Falcon. He is all about getting in the action in ANH.

Montana Smith

Henry W Jones said:
I think my question was valid. Everyone is against Ford as an older Indy but all for him to play grandpa Solo. Han Solo is an action character as well and is not just a driver of the Millennium Falcon. He is all about getting in the action in ANH.

It is a valid question. The two characters aren't interchangeable.

Han's a gunslinger and a pilot.

Indy's usually up close and personal getting a beating, falling out of aeroplanes and fridges, being dragged behind trucks, lashing himself to submarines, and so on. He's also the main character.

Star Wars has multiple main characters and a known past and future involving further characters. Han needn't take centre stage in #7. I think he'll mostly be there to give some continuity and a sense that there was life in that universe before the Prequels.

Henry W Jones said:
Oi. I think your question is valid too...

...talking SW just bores me quicker than ever these days, especially here and it just as tired as talking Harrison's age.

Your question is valid, just get yourself ready to reread all the same crap that was written about Indy.

AndyLGR

Rocket Surgeon said:
It would be cool if she was dead by the events of Episode VII...with Kasdan writing I would <strike>hope</strike> expect all the heroes don't survive. That there has been some loss.

It would be really cool if her cameo came at the end of the film via hologram, (a nod to the OT I could appreciate) giving an inspiring/emotional speech or personal message which ties some loose ends together.

Plus they could tweek her appearence.

It may account for the "I'm in it...no she's not" see saw, more likely my own wishful thinking.
I think theres a lot to be said for Harrisons reasoning to killing off Solo in ROTJ.

But I think given the age of the characters when episode 7 comes out that it would actually add some emotional feeling to the stories if one of the main characters was killed off, although not in a Kenobi kind of way as that would just be a rehash of the original.

Montana Smith

AndyLGR said:
I think theres a lot to be said for Harrisons reasoning to killing off Solo in ROTJ.

But I think given the age of the characters when episode 7 comes out that it would actually add some emotional feeling to the stories if one of the main characters was killed off, although not in a Kenobi kind of way as that would just be a rehash of the original.

As long as it's not Chewbacca.
chicklil1.gif

Rocket Surgeon said:
...talking SW just bores me quicker than ever these days, especially here and it just as tired as talking Harrison's age.

You sound as bored by Star Wars as I am with Indy.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Your question is valid, just get yourself ready to reread all the same crap that was written about Indy.

I don't think people will expect from Han what they expect from Indy.

Han could be a grumpy 70-something space trucker running shipments for The Hugh Jass Freight Co., and I'd give him a free pass.

Henry W Jones

Don't be surprised if Ford has some big action scenes in SW7. He is frickin' Han Solo and they will totally make him run and fight at least once in the film or films he's in. At least that would be my guess. I would not be surprised if they made him more Indyish as far as the action. CGI Baby!!!!!

Henry W Jones said:
Don't be surprised if Ford has some big action scenes in SW7. He is frickin' Han Solo and they will totally make him run and fight at least once in the film or films he's in. At least that would be my guess. I would not be surprised if they made him more Indyish as far as the action. CGI Baby!!!!!

Totally hoping for that one man!!! that'd be so awesome :D