Indy VI MacGuffin Idea

Insomniac

Indy and the City of Rebirth
Bear with me I just saw a Special on T.V. about Shangri La and am doing this all form memory so this is my interpritation...

STORY:
It would be a search for Shambhala(Shangri La) which is a Mythical city located somewhere in Asia.

Dahli Lama Knowledge:
Only the Dahli Lama is known to hold its secret location.
Each sharing it with the predosesor before they die but the chain was broken when the thirteenth dali lama unexpectedly died the monks in the reason they search far and wide for a sign one day they found a glowing orb in the above a statue of the Dahlia Lama it floated away from the monastery soon the monks followed it until the orb reached a boy who then told the monks they was carrying his necklace it was not his it was the Pervious Dahlia Lama's then they took him to the monastery and showed the boy a pile of objects some being the Dahlia Lama's some not the boy successfully found each holy possession of the Dahlia Lama's then they knew this young boy was reincarnated form of the Dahlia Lama. He was later appointed the 14th Dahlia Lama. The He noted Kalachakra initiation in Bodhgaya, Shambhala is not an ordinary country Although those with special affiliation may actually be able to go there through their karmic connection, nevertheless it is not a physical place that we can actually find. We can only say that it is a pure land, a pure land in the human realm. And unless one has the merit and the actual karmic association, one cannot actually arrive there. Indy would be the one and only person worthy enough to venture their and makes much potential for the disposal of the villain.

Shangri La and The Occult:
It is believed that the City has super beings inhabiting it and for that very reason Hitler was extremely interested in it he sent occultists to view Shambhala as a source of negative manipulation by an evil conspiracy.

Main MacGuffin:
The area or City has also been thought that the Wheel of Time was located there the Wheel of Time or Kalachakra is a Tantric deity that is associated with Tibetan Tantric Buddhism The Kalachakra tantra prophecies a world within which (religious) conflict is prevalent. A worldwide war will be waged which will see the expansion of the mystical Kingdom of Shambhala led by a messianical king this would make it tie in very well with the invasion of Tibet as the wheel turns the "outer Kalachakra"the physical world and in particular the calculation system for the Kalachakra calendar, the birth and death of universes, our solar system and the workings of the elements are all in balance and in perfect motion.

(y) Or (n)

What do ya think to much like Crystal Skull ? Too Bad I loved it!

I hope you can tell me how you feel and add on...

Goerge,Steven and Frank if you see this you can use it!:hat:

Edit: Indy VI I'm an idiot I'm already dreaming about a sixth!

Last edited:

Darth Vile

To be honest Insomniac, your idea is as good as any currently being discussed... but for me I'd like to see a move away from the chase/hunt/search for a religious artifact. I don't have an issue with an indirect involvement of an artifact... but personally I'd like to see the next Indy movie (if one ever happens) with Indy in the middle of a situation (rather than going on another quest for the "same ole' same ole").

I very much like the idea of Indy being on the run i.e. accussed of something he hasen't done a la 'The 39 Steps', 'The Fugitive' etc. I like the notion of Indy being hired (in keeping with Lucas' "Bounty Hunter" ideas of him), to give safe passage across some geography/location a la 'True Grit'. And I very much like the much talked about "Haunted Castle" possibility. Imagine all the secret passageways, doors and booby traps they could work into that... :)

If they went with those 3 basic concepts, the MacGuffin becomes a lot less primary, and is not weighed down by all the required expositional historical/emotional baggage.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nice thoughts there, Darth Vile - there's also the old "artifact in the bowling bag" trick used in Darabont's City of the Gods, which I thought was a pretty inspired idea. Really go Hitchcock for the fifth, y'know?

James

Darth Vile said:
And I very much like the much talked about "Haunted Castle" possibility. Imagine all the secret passageways, doors and booby traps they could work into that...

I think it would be interesting to see that idea worked in, especially now that we know it's been around from the beginning. It would also provide an opportunity to homage the horror films of the 1950s.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
James said:
I think it would be interesting to see that idea worked in, especially now that we know it's been around from the beginning. It would also provide an opportunity to homage the horror films of the 1950s.

And even were it not to be the full quest, the old Scotland opening sequence from "Monkey King" would be an excellent intro that could include Mutt (father-son fishing trip), should they want to leave him behind for much of the main adventure.

Darth Vile

Attila the Professor said:
Nice thoughts there, Darth Vile - there's also the old "artifact in the bowling bag" trick used in Darabont's City of the Gods, which I thought was a pretty inspired idea. Really go Hitchcock for the fifth, y'know?

Agreed - the espionage type stuff from Darabont's was the best element to that script (IMHO). I'd certainly relish a Hitchcock approach for a fifth.

arkfinder

I would love to see either:

1. The garden of Eden

2. The sword that the Angle of the Lord used to set the Garden of Eden on fire with.

wolfgang

Those are all good McGuffin. I would like Excalibur! Its mythical, and not nesseceraly a religeous artifact. I know there was a script of it and I would love to read it. HEY! By the way! Where can I find the Frank Darabont script???

Pale Horse

Staff member
Attila the Professor said:
And even were it not to be the full quest, the old Scotland opening sequence from "Monkey King" would be an excellent intro that could include Mutt (father-son fishing trip), should they want to leave him behind for much of the main adventure.

I can't believe everyone missed your Fisher King reference.

wolfgang

HEY! Guys! Many of you might think this is kinda lame, but I would love for him to go after some kind of Dinosaur fossils. Maybe he should discover a new breed of dinosaur or something. It won't have magical powers like the others, but it could still kill the villain with say, a femur??? Any othr sharp bone?? I dunno. What do you think? ANd no, I don't think it should be Jurassic Park meets Indiana Jones. I'm talking about dead dinosaurs!

Insomniac

Darth Vile said:
I very much like the idea of Indy being on the run i.e. accussed of something he hasen't done a la 'The 39 Steps', 'The Fugitive' etc. I like the notion of Indy being hired (in keeping with Lucas' "Bounty Hunter" ideas of him), to give safe passage across some geography/location a la 'True Grit'. And I very much like the much talked about "Haunted Castle" possibility. Imagine all the secret passageways, doors and booby traps they could work into that... :)

I think the whole "fugitive" style chase movie might work well...

To get more in depth about the plot maybe Indy and his friend (Sallah) gets in trouble with the chinese government maybe in the submission and can't continue there dig. So while seeking shelter before going back to the states he goes to Tibet to continue his studying but soon the Invasion of Tibet happens and he is trapped in a civil war between Tibet. While in Tibet He meets a girl claiming that she has been to a city with amazing properties and needs a guide, someone who knows about the ancient culture and is not afraid to risk their life for the cause. Indy agrees to take him to the city but soon their meeting is found out by the chinese government the more Indy does to give him safe passage the more he finds out about the Shambhala, the machine and why the chinese government wants it .

The machine reminds me of the god making machine in Fate of Atlantis.

Hope you like this.:hat: