Toys R Us Midnight Madness?

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I realize that these may have been addressed already...But, I was interested to know if there is going to be any
Midnight Madness events at Toys R Us? Also, are the hasbro figures going to be out on 05/01/08 or is this just the estimated time frame?

What do you guys know...What do ya Think?

Crayfish

I will field this one. Hasbro's official release date is 05/01/08 for the merchandise. Whether it will be in stores on that date is anyone's guess.

Most Toys R Us store will NOT be doing a midnight madness event...and if they are...it is the individual stores idea...not Hasbro. here in the southeast United States...Toys R Us stores do not have enough merchandise on order to warrant a midnight madness event or a "feature shop".....at most they will have an endcap dedicated to Indiana Jones. This is coming from Toys R Us as of last week.

Hope this helps.....and yes.....we ALL hope the stuff is in stores on May 1st.

IrishJedi

And end cap at most? That is seriously weak and pathetic, if true.

(n) :mad:

Even the animated CLONE WARS is having a Midnight Madness event for its toys at TRU in July/August.

Yes, thank you...
I'm in the southeast United States too...So, I should be getting an endcap or so also...

Thank you Big Big

Crayfish

the exact quote I got:

"Stores will have closer to the product that was released for Iron Man than the product that was released for Speed Racer. The Dark Knight is our next big push."

In a way, I'm glad...Midnight sale events always leave me a little rattled.
Thinking about it, I guess I'd rather go on a few morning hunts...

IrishJedi

Crayfish said:
the exact quote I got:

"Stores will have closer to the product that was released for Iron Man than the product that was released for Speed Racer. The Dark Knight is our next big push."

Oh well. Their loss.

bonoferox

I was hoping for a midnight madness, but I really can't see there being enough hype for one (sadly and weird as it may sound).
Still, Wal-Marts in the area were pretty good at getting thier stuff out at 12:00 for Transformers and Spider-Man 3 last year for their release dates, so I guess I'll just be waiting there. Only 17 days!

Arab Swordsman

Yeah, I was going to do Toys R Us but then it does make more sense to go to Wal Mart around midnight on the first to see what they are doing since ours is open 24 hours. It might be a long night but this is a one time thing so why not!?! Less than 3 weeks to go now!

RichardJones

The seller has a good feedback %, I may bid on this item... I wonder how he got his hands on that...:confused: It looks like he has the whole 12 inch Indy line...:whip:

Deckard

RichardJones said:
The seller has a good feedback %, I may bid on this item... I wonder how he got his hands on that...:confused: It looks like he has the whole 12 inch Indy line...:whip:

Im sure he simply works at a wal mart or toys r us and cracked the cases open early to make some extra money for himself. Seeing as he's in the U.S. theres a good chance he could get in trouble. My friend was just telling me how some people at his walmart did that w/ transformers and they caught him and fired him.

bonoferox

The store could also get fined a hefty amount from Hasbro if it's discovered. Who knows. I was hoping they would have done something with the face sculpt on the 12", but it still looks pretty bad. I'm glad I ordered the Sideshow.

Lao Che Pun

bonoferox said:
I was hoping they would have done something with the face sculpt on the 12"....

I looks like they did alter the face a little...at least it doesn't look like Treat Williams anymore...