Most Moving Film Score

ExpeditionJones

What is the most moving film score or scores in your opinion?

I'm going to have to go with I Am Legend, The Bourne Ultimatum, and of course Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Hawkeye

Gettysburg. I'm probably biased because of my (rather unhealthy) obsession with the Civil War, but the music during Pickett's Charge... oh my god. That's what I call moving.

indifan101

My Dog Skip when Skip can't jump on the bed anymore and needs to be helped. Just wants to see his master again OMG I'm gonna tear up.

Saving Private Ryan when Capt. Miller whispers his final words into Ryan's ear and dies.

Old Yeller when Yeller has to be shot after being bit by the wolf. Least I think it was a wolf ah well depressing enough anyways.

Glory when Denzel's character's body is dropped into the same grave pit as shaw's and lies upon him as the movie concludes. Very moving scene

The Green Mile the scene of the final execution of the miracle worker. I cry every time.

Niteshade007

Dr. Gonzo said:
The music in "Dumbo" when he sees his mom all chained up. Something about a baby?

Baby Mine.

I don't know about "moving," but I love the Main theme from Chinatown. I think I've mentioned this in another thread, but it's so haunting.

KneelBeforeZod

ExpeditionJones said:
What is the most moving film score or scores in your opinion?

I'm going to have to go with I Am Legend, The Bourne Ultimatum, and of course Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Gladiator. There isn't even a close second.

Other notables ... Jurassic Park, Superman, Robin Hood Prince of Theives, Raiders, Spiderman, Back to the Future, Star Trek: First Contact.

kbz

EvilDevo

Edward Scissorhands.
Batman Returns.

Last Crusade.
Jurassic Park.
Home Alone.
Hook.

Lord of the Rings (trilogy).

Indy's brother

Amadeus. But of course, most of the music was written by Amadeus Mozart himself, so it's kind of a no-brainer to list it here. One of my favorite films, too!!

muttjones

rotla, kotcs and wall-e. i will be saying close encounters of the third kind once i get it because i just know it will be.

deckard24

I'd have to go with James Horner's score for Braveheart as my number 1!

Howard Shore's The Lord of the Rings scores come in a very close second!

Some other really good ones:
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade(If we're talking the most moving, this one tops the other films!)-John Williams
  • Superman: The Movie(The opening credit scene gives me goose bumps everytime!)-John Williams
  • Hoosiers-Jerry Goldsmith
  • Rudy-Jerry Goldsmith
  • Gladiator-Hans Zimmer

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I've had the main theme from <I>The Apartment</I> going 'round and 'round in my head the past couple days.

And, of course, there's the Rachmaninoff that influenced that theme, as used in <I>Brief Encounter</I>.

The Man

Hans Zimmer, The Thin Red Line...

Carter Burwell, Miller's Crossing...

John Williams, Born On The Fourth Of July...