What Fedora Do You Own?

Which Fedora Do You Own

• Total voters

Drones33

Re-shaped AdVintage

Thanks to Glenville for the tips on brim trimming. Worked perfectly. Heres a few before/after shots of my re-shaped AdVintage. Took a LOT of steam...
FEDORACOMPARISON_zpsb1b41f32.jpg

FEDORACOMPARISON-Copy_zps67c878bb.jpg

FEDORACOMPARISON-Copy-Copy_zps84baaea6.jpg

Still need to work on the pinch to soften it a bit.:)

fixer79

The only Fedora I own is the one they sold at Disneyland Paris around 2000.
Inside on the rim is printed 'Indiana Jones Autentic hat'.
It's missing the bow tie though. Just has an empty loop. Now I'm not sure if I lost the bow tie over the years or if the hat was sold like that. Or maybe I was unlucky enough to pick one that was missing the bow tie.

Anyway, it's a nice looking hat. :)

Teneas

So at this point I own the following:

Stetson from 84. Actually is a felt, and not wool.
Fed IV
2 wool felt Indys
S&J Temple bridge scene bash
Now a proud owner of a Penman LC *being sent to Penman to rebash as a Temple*
Dorfman *bought by another for me....my kid wears it*

Drones33

I'm giving serious thought to getting a Christy's Adventurer. If anyone who has one would care to share their views I'd be very grateful. (y)

Drones33

Changed my mind. All the reviews I've found of the Christys Adventurer, on several Indy forums, are not favourable. Gonna give it a miss. (n)

Drones33

Harrison Fedora

This is my new Harrison fedore from Advintage. Really nice. Slightly disappointed with the colour however. `Sable` according to the website, but its a much darker, chocolatey brown. Still a lovely lid though, and came with a free hat brush.
h__5__by_00177840-d94rhxe.jpg

harrison_2_by_00177840-d94rhph.jpg

harrison_1_by_00177840-d94rhkv.jpg

Glenville86

Harrison looks great. Over the last couple of years I ended up with 4 of them in different bashes. I bought too many hats the last couple of years...:eek:

I only have been wearing one of the Harrison models and it is holding up well.

Major West

I have an advintage junior and an advintage Harrison. I prefer the Harrison, it just seems the more accurate colour (remember in the movie it was dusted up which will make it look lighter), the junior has a weird almost green tinge to it. Mine does anyway.

Curious about getting the grey fedora that appears in the suited moments of Raiders..

Last edited:

Glenville86

Your Garrison looks really good. I have one on the way from David. He mailed it on Sept 12th and must have sent it regular mail vice priority.

Drones33

Resurrecting the old lid

This is the first fedora I bought, had it a few years. Its been rained on, snowed on, been on holiday with me a few times rolled up in my suitcase.It had lost its ribbon along the way. Well past its best. I wanted to see if I could breath new life into it, so I brushed it, gave it a new ribbon and bow, steamed and re-shaped it.
reshape_2_1_by_00177840-dalfo41.jpg

reshape3_1_by_00177840-dalfo5r.jpg

re_shape_1_1_by_00177840-dalfnju.jpg

The ribbon Ive used is a little too shiny, gonna dull it down with some Fullers

Drones33

Completely re-did this with some grosgrain ribbon and weathered it with a bit of Fullers. Much better. Pics to follow

Drones33

New grosgrain ribbon and some Fullers Earth

Wasn`t very happy with the above, the ribbon looked like leather, so i replaced it...again...with something more appropriate
ribbon_1_by_00177840-damar57.jpg

Then gave it the Cairo treatment...
fullers_1_by_00177840-damarbd.jpg

Drones33

This was a lucky ebay find; a Coyles Downtowner in my size. As you can see, it looked a bit sad when it arrived; badly tapered crown, terrible ribbon etc...
coyles1_1_by_00177840-daox0q9.jpg

So Ive cleaned and steamed it, replaced the ribbon and I`m in the process of reshaping. This is how it looks at the moment...
coyles2_1_by_00177840-daox0rc.jpg