Rest in Peace, James Gammon (Teddy Roosevelt)

Flannery10

James Gammon, who portrayed President Teddy Roosevelt in the wonderful episode "British East Africa, September 1909" passed away today at the age of 70.

I tremendously enjoyed him in the episode and he will be dearly missed... RIP!:hat:

MDew

NNNOO!! He was a very versatile actor, with a great voice. I will always remember him for his performance in Major League (y)
R.I.P.

Stoo

That's a shame. I don't really know Gammon's work other than his role in Young Indy but, out of all the film portrayals of Teddy Roosevelt, his was in my top 3.

R.I.P James Gammon.

(Off topic: Flannery10! Nice to see you're still alive & kicking!:hat:)

Flannery10

It really was a great performance. We'll see how DiCaprio is gonna do in Scorsese's "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt" next year.

Yes, once in a while I still come by here, although since the release of KotCS and the Young Indy DVDs, things considerably slowed down on this board. It's good to see you are still doing a lot on this board, Stoo, and maybe I should start watching the Young Indy DVDs again, cause it's been quite a while already :whip: .

Lance Quazar

A great actor with a career spanning decades in film and TV.

While probably best remembered to the current generation for "Major League", I highly recommend checking out "Traveller" - a little-seen gem from 1997 starring Bill Paxton and Mark Wahlberg about Irish Traveller con artists.

For fans of the con/heist genre, it's a can't-miss.

Stoo

Flannery10 said:
It really was a great performance. We'll see how DiCaprio is gonna do in Scorsese's "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt" next year.
No matter how good Leo does, he will not upstage Tom Berenger in "Rough Riders"!:gun:
Flannery10 said:
Yes, once in a while I still come by here, although since the release of KotCS and the Young Indy DVDs, things considerably slowed down on this board. It's good to see you are still doing a lot on this board, Stoo, and maybe I should start watching the Young Indy DVDs again, cause it's been quite a while already :whip:
:hat: Yeah, watch them again, particularily the British East Africa episode. I've always liked Gammon's delivery of the line, "...the land...as it has always been." How did you hear about his death?
Lance Quazar said:
A great actor with a career spanning decades in film and TV.
Just checked out his IMDB listing and I actually have seen a number of films he's been in without even realizing it. Many western movies & TV shows plus he did voice work in "The Iron Giant". The most notable film of them all is his 1st, "Journey to Shiloh" (1968) because HARRISON FORD is in it! I'll have to watch the movie again to see if there's a shot of Gammon & Ford together and get a screengrab.

Will check out "Traveller" on your recommendation, Lance. I love heist flicks!(y)