Password

Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #76
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
It's a small world!
Indeed.

I'm over it now, but for awhile I was pissed. There wasn't even any arbitration over story credit. Nor could there be, as this was outside the WGA's purview. Young and stupid I was.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:01 AM   #77
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

An additional perk to having a very robust, permanent population of personages whose heritage can be traced back to the Subcontinent, is a local theatre that shows (nearly) first run Bollywood flicks.

Now playing: Go Goa Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Goa Gone Synopsis
A comedy. A horror-thriller. An action-adventure. Go Goa Gone is all of these rolled into one! A unique combination of fear and funny makes this film a one-of-a-kind genre bender - A Zombie Comedy, or ZOMCOM!

Hardik and Luv are two dope heads who tag along to Goa with their best buddy, Bunny, on his business trip. Luv comes across a free-spirited girl, Luna who casually invites them to an exclusive underground rave party on a remote island! The party is the brainchild of the macho Russian Mafioso, Boris, to launch the ultimate party drug.

But something is not right on this island! All of a sudden, they are accosted by zombies! Where did these zombies come from? And who is Boris really? And why has this cold-hearted drug-dealing don come to save their lives? Together they need to get the hell out of the infected island! But do they?

There's even time for musical numbers! Rick Grimes & Co. wouldn't be so stressed out, if they broke out into song on occasion.

Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #78
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Bollywood!

I'd rather be eaten alive by zombies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
Young and stupid I was.

Yet a powerful Muppet you have become!

Testing the theory that everything is on the internet somewhere, I found zombie incarnations of some Muppets:

http://cdn.tauntr.com/sites/default/...mbie-Gonzo.jpg
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:15 AM   #79
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Finished Season Three of The Walking Dead the other night.

Like kong I also love the dead, but not in an Alice Cooper kind of way.*

For me The Walking Dead has been the best series since Lost in terms of impact. The threat never lifts, and you'll see shambling zombies in the background of some shots, though they're too slow to pose an immediate danger.

You never know who's going to die next (apart from a few characters whom I suppose are zombie-proofed) And the writers aren't afraid to make main characters make wrong choices. A new world with new rules requiring a re-evaluation of morality in order to survive.

Every episode has something grisly and sickening. No right-minded person should enjoy this, and it's hard to justify it when telling somebody who has never (or would never) see this series. You have to experience it to appreciate the reasoning behind the excessive gore.

Thinking back, the George Romero film that comes closest to the sensibilities of The Walking Dead is the original Dawn of the Dead (1978), which I also saw again recently.

* I love the dead before they're cold,
Their blueing flesh for me to hold.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #80
Montana Smith
IndyFan

World War Z.

When there's no more room in hell the dead will converge like an army of fire ants!

Picked the Blu-ray up over the weekend amongst a bunch of other cheap movies.

When it started I was dreading the Cloverfield effect, i.e. excellent movie marred by shaky camerawork. But either the camera settled down or the film became so engrossing that I didn't notice it.

I loved it. The rage virus was quite a change of pace from The Walking Dead.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #81
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Found that here.

Not a zombie site, but have a browse and you may see some interesting sights. The greenhouse, the staircase, the crypt...
Old 06-12-2014, 02:35 AM   #82
Kooshmeister
IndyFan

Recently nabbed this guy: Nazi zombie Private Jakob.

Indy's worst nightmare?
Kooshmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:49 AM   #83
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooshmeister
Recently nabbed this guy: Nazi zombie Private Jakob...

DAM Toys make some great figures.

Apparently inspired by the films War of the Dead and Dead Snow.

For a short time I considered getting Jakob and Kruger, but decided they were too gruesome for my display!