CGI gophers, an alternative

Kernunnos

Maybe some people around here would have prefered Gordon the Gopher from Childrens BBC.

_38132874_gordon_bbc.jpg

He's real, not computer generated, and it would have been very easy to bury some blokes in the sand to control them with their hands. All in all, a perfect alternative for the anti-CGI mob. (y)

KSC2-303

As much as this film and it's CG elements have been highly criticized, be thankful of one thing: No gophers were heard farting in this film.

For that matter, as far as I remember, nothing farted at all. I like to think Speilberg cut out any and all extranious flatulance that Lucas included in the script.

Kernunnos

That's a brilliant point, KSC2-303. Spalko's interrogation scene would have been much better if she had farted on Jones' face, like Cartman in South Park.

The whole movie could have been so much more realistic if they sneeked the odd fart in here and there.

The more I think about it, the more I think a subtle fart was included right at the end.

Judging by Marions face in the wedding scene, where she and Indy look like they're trying not to laugh, I think Indy may have let one off discreetly. I bet the congregation were glad when that door blew open.

Yure

That's exactly what gave Mutt the speed boost on the Tarzan scene. In the video game you have limited gas that you can use as nitro.

MonarchOfTheSea

Kernunnos said:
That's a brilliant point, KSC2-303. Spalko's interrogation scene would have been much better if she had farted on Jones' face, like Cartman in South Park.

The whole movie could have been so much more realistic if they sneeked the odd fart in here and there.

The more I think about it, the more I think a subtle fart was included right at the end.

Judging by Marions face in the wedding scene, where she and Indy look like they're trying not to laugh, I think Indy may have let one off discreetly. I bet the congregation were glad when that door blew open.

There's probably a deleted scene on the DVD from the Russian's camp scene where they're all sat round the fire eating beans, just like in Blazing Saddles!

By the way, I've still got my Gordon T Gopher puppet, so I can re-enact the opening scenes!

Mothy

The gophers were not as bad as I thought they would be, but I would have still be preferred they were absent from the film.

Dr. Gonzo

Then there's always this approach...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VZqPozS8YpU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vance

It's my fault for making the Caddyshack joke in the other thread, isn't it?

Edit after seeing other thread: Yes... yes it is.