TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-24-2004, 09:19 PM   #1
indy148
IndyFan

This new game for the PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube rocks!!!
It has many similarities to Emperor's tomb, including the graphics, controls, and sound effects. I think it's even better than Goldeneye!!! When I first played it, I thought that maybe EA got the idea to do Bond in 3rd person from ET, and I may be right. WOW
indy148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:32 PM   #2
Finn

This one's locked before the date changes.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:45 PM   #3
Tennessee R
IndyFan

Well, someone was allowed to have 1 (one) Bond thread in the Films forum, Shipwreck may be merciful and let them have 1 thread in the Games forum.

But, anyway, I also have that Game.
I got an Xbox just for that game. I have never had a console, only Windows PC, but, they didn't come out with Everything or Nothing for PC, so, I got a Xbox for that reason.
I had gotten Nightfire for PC, and, it was fairly well done, and the multiplayer was, in my opinion, pretty good on Nightfire.
But, 00Kevin said Goldeneye is good. Do they have that for Xbox?
What other Bond games do they have for Xbox, and what is your order of best to worst?

Everything or Nothing is similar to Emperor's Tomb.
It has an auto-aim. You can hug corners while preparing to shoot. But, there is no jumping in EoN, very different from ET.
Tennessee R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 04:05 PM   #4
Rumpled Fedora
IndyFan

Everything or Nothing better than Goldeneye? Goldeneye is a classic now, you can't beat Rareware's perfection!

Oh well... I'll have to play it soon.
Rumpled Fedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:10 PM   #5
Lon
IndyFan

From the previews and commercials I've seen, Everything or Nothing has raised the bar on video games. Man that game just looks cool! If there is another Indiana Jones game they should take a hint from the makers of 007 and try to get actors from the Indy films to participate and treat the game like an actual movie.
Lon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:13 PM   #6
Kate
IndyFan

Location: The Wild, Wild West (though there are places I'd rather be and a certain place I left my heart)
Lon, love! Haven't seen you in a few days. How ARE you, my dashing one?
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:15 PM   #7
Strider
IndyFan

Arrow

Wow, I can't wait to play it! 007 rocks!!!
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:16 PM   #8
Webley
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Strider
Wow, I can't wait to play it! 007 rocks!!!
Ya but... hes no Indy.
Webley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:40 PM   #9
Strider
IndyFan

Arrow

No, he's somthing else altogether. I hate the Bond vs. Indy argument so I'll simply say: I like them evenly. And thats no lie.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:41 AM   #10
Goodsport
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Strider
No, he's somthing else altogether. I hate the Bond vs. Indy argument so I'll simply say: I like them evenly. And thats no lie.

Bond vs. Indy? Ask Sean Connery which one he likes better...

-G
Goodsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:51 AM   #11
Indy_Jones88

Indy

the only bad thing bout everything or nothing is the hand to hand combat. It is kind of jerky and isn't anything compared to emperors tombs' hand to hand combat.

This is only an opinion
Old 06-08-2004, 01:36 PM   #12
Katarn07
IndyFan

I love this game! One of my all time favorites

While the hand to hand isn't as good as ET's, the vehicles and even the third person gun fights make up for it. It's an awesome Bond story and has awesome cinematics. This should have been the movie rather than Die Another Day!

With all that said I must admit I never beat it. I'm stuck on the level where you have to kill Jaws on that elevator. That blasted flamethrower gets me every time right around the time I get his health 3/4 down
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:39 PM   #13
Indy_Jones88

Indy

try going to www.cheatcodes.com and they might have a walkthrougn to help u. if they dont do a search for everything or nothing walkthrough, it might tell u the 1 thing u need to now to beat jaws
Old 06-08-2004, 03:55 PM   #14
Tennessee R
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Indy_Jones88
the only bad thing bout everything or nothing is the hand to hand combat. It is kind of jerky and isn't anything compared to emperors tombs' hand to hand combat.

This is only an opinion

I agree with IJ 88.
Tennessee R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:25 PM   #15
00Kevin
Indyfan

as the local bond expert, and local bond games expert, I can say that EoN is not as good as goldeneye. The Game was great....but it was merely the extras that made it great...bringing on the stars, an actual bond writer, the composer of '24'..references, homages....but looking past all of that (and the things that were effected by them) the game is merely an OK game

and I have to say that the multiplayer was the worst I have ever played It shocks me that EA didn't concentrate on the multiplayer more.....Goldeneye is one of the greatest games ever and the multiplayer is better then the 1P game (slightly, that's argueable) the extras are the best part of the game, but that's about it....a weak multiplayer kills this one in my mind

and I agree that the IJ:ET melee combat was much better
00Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:38 AM   #16
Dr. HenryJones.jr
IndyFan

sure ...sure.... I am going finsih with game!!! Isn't heavy? It's easy playing!
Dr. HenryJones.jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 01:04 PM   #17
Redwall
IndyFan

IMO, Gamespot got it right when they said EoN is the "best Bond game yet". Yes, Goldeneye was a better game, but it certainly wasn't very much like James Bond. If you're looking for Goldeneye action, wait for Goldeneye 2 (as I am eagerly awaiting), which looks to be one of the most original Bond games yet. (considering you play a Bond villain!)
Redwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 02:20 PM   #18
Dr. HenryJones.jr
IndyFan

awww,

I never played Goldeneye from N64...too late I bought that late N64....because the old videogame was very sold out!!!
Dr. HenryJones.jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 02:55 PM   #19
Katarn07
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Redwall
IMO, Gamespot got it right when they said EoN is the "best Bond game yet". Yes, Goldeneye was a better game, but it certainly wasn't very much like James Bond.

Agreed. Running around non-stop shooting things is not James Bond.... You were forced to take a different approach in EoN (well, no you weren't, it just made things a helluva lot harder if you didn't use stealth in some areas).

Goldeneye's MP is better in terms of free for all, but Co-Op in EoN is mighty cool. I don't think it's for XBOX Live, sadly. Still, playing split screen with a friend is still neat.
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 02:55 PM   #20
gavinpape
IndyFan

I got Everything Or Nothing on the XBox the day it was released here in the UK... I spent the entire day on it and completed it in the same day.... remind me never to play agame al lthe way through on the easy setting again... did kinda spoil it finishing it in the 1 day but it's an excellent game!
gavinpape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 03:07 PM   #21
Redwall
IndyFan

Yeah, I completed it in one day as well on Agent difficulty..I have to say that "Everything or Nothing" (the last level) was VERY tough though... I think I read somewhere there are like 80 guys in the large warehouse room. Better than some games I've played, where the last level is pathetically easy. (*cough*Halo*cough*)
Redwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 03:14 PM   #22
gavinpape
IndyFan

A lot of the missions took me a few go's.. I remember the free falling mission being very difficult at first for some reason it took me loads of attempts.. it's not as difficult now when i reply em though...
Thats one of my favourite missions though.. very original and VERY bond... love the motorbike levels aswell..
gavinpape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:04 AM   #23
Indy's_main_man

I got everything oy through with the short little movie sequences. I returned it to get a new one. The new one had the same problem.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:29 AM   #24
Finn

It's odd this hasn't been moved to OT table yet, btw.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:35 AM   #25
VP
Moderator Emeritus

It shall be moved now. You haven't talked about ET enough.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote